No Way Home No Way Home Rumors, Leaks And Speculation Thread (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

nah before he got bit he screwed over another student for his own gain and then as Spider-Man he was literally stalking his ex girlfriend
I don't remember the screwing over and is it stalking when the girl obviously tells you she wants you around?

Real questions.

I don't remember the screwing over and is it stalking when the girl obviously tells you she wants you around?

Real questions.

No, it isn't stalking. haha (at least apart from the most literal sense)

And yeah, I don't remember the screwing over another student part either (aside from taking 'Rodrigo's' OsCorp badge, leading to him being thrown out? But that was very harmless (especially by teenager standards) and it's logical to assume that situation would get sorted out and the real Rodrigo would be readmitted).

I think fans really choose to forget...

Peter Parker as an "everyman" from the source has a track history of being an oblivious, self satisfied and selfish jerk at times.

In comparison to some stuff comic Peter has done... Yeah Garfield isn't even in the running for some Mega Jerk Parker award.

That's why I think MCU Spidey is the way he is.

The MCU approach is to either sand off every possible edge or give the characters all a "lovable *****e canoe" personality where their character flaws get papered over by virtue of both being protagonists and by making a lot of comedic but not serious hay out of their flaws.

I have stayed this before but fans, really, can you see Tom Holland's Peter Parker EVER doing something selfish and short sighted that would boomerang back to him in the form of Ben's death? So far, as much as I like Tom in the MCU, the answer is no. He doesn't have too much depth as appealing as he is as Spidey. Could you see a dark side from this Peter emerge in a symbiote story?

I can't and its cuz as a character they haven't leaned into much else beyond put upon high schooler and golly gee whiz Fanboy. There really should have been more meat on this Spidey's bones as it were after all the outings in the role Tom has had.

Tobey caused an innocent man to die, hit MJ, and dumped the obviously dangerous symbiote inside a random church.

Even though Holland is my least favorite live-action Spidey, he's also the least problematic lol.
Ashy Larry also told me he steals pizza.

Peter Parker as an "everyman" from the source has a track history of being an oblivious, self satisfied and selfish jerk at times.

In comparison to some stuff comic Peter has done... Yeah Garfield isn't even in the running for some Mega Jerk Parker award.

The MCU approach is to either sand off every possible edge or give the characters all a "lovable *****e canoe" personality where their character flaws get papered over by virtue of both being protagonists and by making a lot of comedic but not serious hay out of their flaws.

I have stayed this before but fans, really, can you see Tom Holland's Peter Parker EVER doing something selfish and short sighted that would boomerang back to him in the form of Ben's death? So far, as much as I like Tom in the MCU, the answer is no. He doesn't have too much depth as appealing as he is as Spidey. Could you see a dark side from this Peter emerge in a symbiote story?

I can't and its cuz as a character they haven't leaned into much else beyond put upon high schooler and golly gee whiz Fanboy. There really should have been more meat on this Spidey's bones as it were after all the outings in the role Tom has had.

Yeah, I actually could .

He's already acted short sighted in Spiderman Homecoming ( Busting up the sting on the ferry which led to it splitting in two and IM having to keep it together),
giphy.gif

taking on Vulture when he arguably wasn't ready to handle him , which resulted on a building collapsing on himself.
tumblr_inline_p09iv3654W1tyu3by_540.gif

Spiderman Far from home ( Giving Mysterio EDITH and seeing him as the "right person" to weld it)
main-qimg-7d36ea23d52ddc3dd120edd16bc45849

Infinity War ( going into space against Stark's wishes )
infinitywar-teaser3.gif

And it looks like in SMNWH ( Going to Dr Strange to cast a spell without thinking it through)
stop-tempering-with-the-spell-doctor-strange.gif

If anything, he's as impulse and reckless as all get out. More so than Andrew , and probably more than Maguire.

I'd trust their judgement much more than Holland's.

Could I see the short sightedness of this mid teen Holland's Spiderman boomerang back on him to get Ben killed?, yeah I could.

In this film, his actions appear to have major cosmic fallout , so yeah, It's not a stretch for me.

But then again, we haven't seen how the death of his Uncle Ben played out and what factors went into it.

Much like Maguire's and Garfield's Ben died under different circumstances and contexts, we don't what this Peter's backstory is to really see it couldn't happen with this version.

Is he selfish? Yes. He doesn't look before he leaps and has taken actions without considering what the fallout could be on himself, his friends , or his family.

No , it's not the type of selfishness I think fans may expect, but make no mistake, running in head first without a plan and acting on impulse is selfish, especially you're actions in doing so could result in hurting those you care about physically or emotionally.

But could I see him explore his dark side with Venom? Yeah depending on the story and whether it's consistent with this version of the character.

Again, it would depend on the context of this Spiderman and this MCU and what would lead this Spiderman to want to embrace the darkness, not based on the context of a version in the comics, the raimi films, or the Webb films.

As a Spiderman fan , I've always looked at this Spiderman through the context of the world he inhabits and not through the context of prior versions and world's he's inhabited.

Ditto with the other two Spidermen. They're all different from each other even if they may share some similar characteristics.

It's not as if Tobey and Andrew are twin versions of Peter Parker either in terms of their attitudes, personalities and outlooks on the world.

Now, is he " angsty" in the sense Garfield was and Maguire was at times?

No, he isn't , that's clear. Holland's Spiderman isn't that guy.

That said, I except that as a Spiderman fan. The same way I don't expect each Batman, Superman, etc actor to be the same as every other version, I except that the Holland Spiderman isn't the angst ridden teen of other versions.

For Me, the MCU makes this iteration work well enough that it's not a question for me.

There are alot of fans who don't like this version. Fair enough, but I don't have an issue of him not being a brooding kid.

Last edited:
Yeah, I actually could .

He's already acted short sighted in Spiderman Homecoming ( Busting up the sting on the ferry which led to it splitting in two and IM having to keep it together),
giphy.gif

taking on Vulture when he arguably wasn't ready to handle him , which resulted on a building collapsing on himself.
tumblr_inline_p09iv3654W1tyu3by_540.gif

Spiderman Far from home ( Giving Mysterio EDITH and seeing him as the "right person" to weld it)
main-qimg-7d36ea23d52ddc3dd120edd16bc45849

Infinity War ( going into space against Stark's wishes )
infinitywar-teaser3.gif

And it looks like in SMNWH ( Going to Dr Strange to cast a spell without thinking it through)
stop-tempering-with-the-spell-doctor-strange.gif

If anything, he's as impulse and reckless as all get out. More so than Andrew , and probably more than Maguire.

I'd trust their judgement much more than Holland's.

Could I see the short sightedness of this mid teen Holland's Spiderman boomerang back on him to get Ben killed?, yeah I could.

In this film, his actions appear to have major cosmic fallout , so yeah, It's not a stretch for me.

But then again, we haven't seen how the death of his Uncle Ben played out and what factors went into it.

Much like Maguire's and Garfield's Ben died under different circumstances and contexts, we don't what this Peter's backstory is to really see it couldn't happen with this version.

But could I see him explore his dark side with Venom? Yeah depending on the story and whether it's consistent with this version of the character.

Again, it would depend on the context of this Spiderman and this MCU and what would lead this Spiderman to want to embrace the darkness, not based on the context of a version in the comics, the raimi films, or the Webb films.

As a Spiderman fan , I've always looked at this Spiderman through the context of the world he inhabits and not through the context of prior versions and world's he's inhabited.

Ditto with the other two Spidermen. They're all different from each other even if they may share some similar characteristics.

It's not as if Tobey and Andrew are twin versions of Peter Parker either in terms of their attitudes, personalities and outlooks on the world.

Now, is he " angsty" in the sense Garfield was and Maguire was at times?

No, he isn't , that's clear. Holland's Spiderman isn't that guy.

That said, I except that as a Spiderman fan. The same way I don't expect each Batman, Superman, etc actor to be the same as every other version, I except that the Holland Spiderman isn't the angst ridden teen of other versions.

For Me, the MCU makes this iteration work well enough that it's not a question for me.

There are alot of fans who don't like this version. Fair enough, but I don't have an issue of him not being a brooding kid.

Those examples don't really line up for me in the way a jerk selfish act does that causes him to lose a family member though.

Those examples mostly feel like what he's portrayed as, an eager young hero trying to live up to the job.

The affects those examples had on MCU Peter also feel very different than what I'm trying to get at. Those made him revaluate his judgment but not who he is what he's done as a person in the same way as letting a thief go because he couldn't be bothered despite how easy it would have been.

He learns a lesson not just because of his action but because of his attitude at that moment as well. Which again... I can't see that from this version. The moment haunts Peter for multiple reasons and shocked him into taking more responsibility with who he was and what he could do.

He kinda needs to see how bad a path he was on and I can't see this Peter with any of that potential in him.

And I very much like Tom's outings, FFH notwithstanding. I think people just feel, as I do, that they went too cute and cuddly at all times with Spidey this go around out of trying not to offend anyone's sensibilities and it has made him likeable enough but kinda bland too since the mileage on that Golly Gee Mr. Stark aspect ran out for a lot of fans pretty fast.

And again... I like Tom as Spidey and I like his set up in the MCU. But at this point the "Spider-Boy" criticism has some merit to my mind.

Last edited:

Those examples don't really line up for me in the way a jerk selfish act does that causes him to lose a family member though.

Those examples mostly feel like what he's portrayed as, an eager young hero trying to live up to the job.

The affects those examples had on MCU Peter also feel very different than what I'm trying to get at. Those made him revaluate his judgment but not who he is what he's done as a person in the same way as letting a thief go because he couldn't be bothered despite how easy it would have been.

He learns a lesson not just because of his action but because of his attitude at that moment as well. Which again... I can't see that from this version. The moment haunts Peter for multiple reasons and shocked him into taking more responsibility with who he was and what he could do.

He kinda needs to see how bad a path he was on and I can't see this Peter with any of that potential in him.

And I very much like Tom's outings, FFH notwithstanding. I think people just feel, as I do, that they went too cute and cuddly at all times with Spidey this go around out of trying not to offend anyone's sensibilities and it has made him likeable enough but kinda bland too since the mileage on that Golly Gee Mr. Stark aspect ran out for a lot of fans pretty fast.

And again... I like Tom as Spidey and I like his set up in the MCU. But at this point the "Spider-Boy" criticism has some merit to my mind.

I could never in a million years put into words my underlying issue with this MCU Spidey and his films better than you did here :up: :up: :up:

I love Tom as Spidey, I think he was absolutely perfect casting. And I definitely enjoyed HC and FFH. Having said that, neither of them were on the same kind of 'level' as either of the previous two franchises for me personally (I know TASM films are highly criticized and looked down upon, but script issues aside, they were still just a higher class of film, imho), and it's for all the reasons you mentioned in these ^ ^ ^

I still think there's absolutely time and room to make Tom's Spidey into a phenomenal, well-rounded, serious and awesome character though, and I really think NWH is gonna be a HUGE step up and big step in the right direction, and something (hopefully!) ALL spider-man fans can agree on loving :up:

That leaker may have just leaked a photo of Tobey's Spider-Man hanging from a wire with blue screen behind him on his IG. He deleted it so fast I only caught a small glimpse of it. suit looks just as it did in Spider-Man 3 in all of it's beautiful glory. it was a behind shot btw.

The image wasn't even up 60 seconds.

I don't remember the screwing over
this scene

most people probably thought it was funny and didn't care, I cared and it made me not like this person

and is it stalking when the girl obviously tells you she wants you around?

Real questions.
the real question is, is it stalking to follow and watch someone constantly without them knowing? and the answer to that is yes.

it doesn't matter if she "obviously" tells you she wants you around, when during the time you're around she is unaware of being watched or being followed by you.

and it doesn't matter if this is a girl or not, this goes for anyone. if someone told me after a few days that they were watching me or following what I was doing without wanting me to know I was there, I would think that's really creepy.

if that's not stalking then I don't know what it is. it is things like this that make me not like Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man and Peter Parker. Tobey Maguire's version and Kirsten Dunst's MJ also both did some shameful things but sometimes they had consequences for it

I find that all... A bit much.

I'm sorry but that feels extremely hyperbolic.

This sounds like you just looking for reasons to dislike Garfield's character.

if that's not stalking then I don't know what it is. it is things like this that make me not like Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man and Peter Parker. Tobey Maguire's version and Kirsten Dunst's MJ also both did some shameful things but sometimes they had consequences for it

Tobey Maguire's Peter did a fair amount of what could be considered selfish things. Spider-man 2 shows him doing selfish things. but you are meant to look at it like well he is just happy he doesn't have to be Spider-man anymore. its all a learning curve right? that makes it ok?

And i will say Kirsten Dunst MJ is just the worst. but its played like its ok because she is a women. like womens problems. she can't stay with one man. she constantly kissing other men. and then feeling sorry for herself in situations.

I mean in comparison Andrews Spider-man helped the bullied kid against Flash. which i have seen some say was abit too brave of peter Parker to do. but taking a kids pass to get into Osorp is nothing really.

Last edited:
MJ's behavior is justified, it is shown that she comes from a broken family, she is insecure and
lonely and yet she kept encouraging Peter to open up, she was nice to him and always stood by his side.

That leaker may have just leaked a photo of Tobey's Spider-Man hanging from a wire with blue screen behind him on his IG. He deleted it so fast I only caught a small glimpse of it. suit looks just as it did in Spider-Man 3 in all of it's beautiful glory. it was a behind shot btw.

The image wasn't even up 60 seconds.

He just admitted that it was fake.

MJ's behavior is justified, it is shown that she comes from a broken family, she is insecure and
and she kept encouraging Peter to open up, she was nice to him, she stood by his side, but she felt lonely and that's why she choose JJJ son.

But thats the thing isn't it. She is kinda set up as this popular girl who dates the cool guys. then they graduate and she gets with Harry. Sure she is from a broken family. But that doesn't make her any less the worst. I mean she kisses Spider-man, While she was still with Harry. Then they split and she kisses peter who she decides she wants to be with now.

Then Spider-man 2 comes out and she gets with JJJ's son. which is fine. She isn't tied to Peter. He turned her down so its all good. Although Peter then decides he has changed his mind now she has moved on and wants to impress her again. Then it's suggested that MJ is in love with trying to get back that feeling she had kissing spider-man. then she tries to kiss peter while she is with JJJ's son. who seems like a nice guy. And then she leaves him at the wedding.

Then Spider-man 3 she is mostly feeling sorry for herself and kisses Harry again for no reason.

No matter what her family status is. She isn't a person you would want to be with. Not without some serious self-reflection. No relationship would last with that sorta person.

Last edited:
No matter what her family status is. She isn't a person you would want to be with. Not without some serious self-reflection. No relationship would last with that sorta person.

But it makes sense for that version of Peter to be the kind of guy who overlooks that kind of stuff, given the type of passive, milquetoast, loser-ish, uber nerd he was portrayed as.

When you're used to being ignored by women your whole life, your brain develops an ability to put up with an extreme amount of bull**** when one finally gives you positive attention. Trust me, I know.

And i will say Kirsten Dunst MJ is just the worst. but its played like its ok because she is a women. like womens problems. she can't stay with one man. she constantly kissing other men. and then feeling sorry for herself in situations.

:lmao:

But it makes sense for that version of Peter to be the kind of guy who overlooks that kind of stuff, given the type of passive, milquetoast, loser-ish, uber nerd he was portrayed as.

When you're used to being ignored by women your whole life, your brain develops an ability to put up with an extreme amount of bull**** when one finally gives you positive attention. Trust me, I know.
That's called being a Simp.

I really dont care when they pluck Andrew, but i think we all wanna see the older wiser Tobey Maguire Spiderman come and bring some of his wisdom to his younger counterparts.

Bald Feige with a lollipop in his mouth talking outloud to himself:

Feige: How do we get them nostalgic dollars? A scene of Tobey telling Tom that whole 'With great power comes great responsibility.' line. That will get them!

tumblr_mdb5ez5Z7Y1r4gei2o1_400.gifv

One of the more stupid Peter Parker moments on film that comes to mind for me is in TASM when he goes to see Curt Connors who looks like a corpse to talk about regenerating limbs and he just seems so clueless and dumb as to what is going on. He was there a day or two earlier and they were working on that formula, yet after fighting a huge lizard he comes back and is like "Hey uhm.. do you know anything about regenerating limbs and giant lizards? and smashing things?". It's only after Connors shoots him down a few times with his raspy monster voice that Peter kinda goes "Oh.. oh.. oh" and understands the situation.

Put me in the group of people who felt the Andrew/Emma romance was way too cringey. But I put it down on the script because I do think their chemistry was good, I just felt it awkward to sit through scenes about Peter telling Gwen he had pictures of her on his computer and he was "touching stuff".

I do think Andrew is great though and out of the 3 he's arguably the best actor imo (even if Tobey is my favorite in the role) it's just a shame he was saddled with the 2 worst movies. :/

One of the more stupid Peter Parker moments on film that comes to mind for me is in TASM when he goes to see Curt Connors who looks like a corpse to talk about regenerating limbs and he just seems so clueless and dumb as to what is going on. He was there a day or two earlier and they were working on that formula, yet after fighting a huge lizard he comes back and is like "Hey uhm.. do you know anything about regenerating limbs and giant lizards? and smashing things?". It's only after Connors shoots him down a few times with his raspy monster voice that Peter kinda goes "Oh.. oh.. oh" and understands the situation.

I don't remember any scene where he spoke to Dr Conners about regenerating limbs and Lizard monsters. He goes to him to talk about how to catch a lizard. but there is no mention of the experiment. and in all fairness whose first reaction to a lizard monster would be Hey this must be part of some limb regenerating experiment thats gone totally wrong and this lizard monster is actually a Man turned into a Lizard!

Oh and Dr Conners looks a little unwell today, he must be the Giant lizard creature.

He would have to be in the audience following the story exactly with us to really be able to create an assumption like that. presumably catching the giant lizard monster so he could get a better look at it might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"