No Way Home No Way Home Rumors, Leaks And Speculation Thread (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Yeah he goes to Curt to ask about catching reptiles and is clearly sussed out by him. He puts things together when he sees the giant mouse lizard eating the other mouse. That wasn’t something that occurred in any of their trials either, so there really isn’t any reason for Peter to think the giant lizard was a Curt hybrid.

And beyond a moment or two that don’t hold up as well now, Peter and Gwen are the best pairing to me in these movies so far. They actually acted like young people falling in love at that time. The awkward stammering and playful teasing is what made it feel real. I had actual conversations like that back then.

The teens in TASM were just generally way more representative of the time. Maybe the MCU version are too but I feel like they’d have to be on way more drugs lol.

Yeah he goes to Curt to ask about catching reptiles and is clearly sussed out by him. He puts things together when he sees the giant mouse lizard eating the other mouse. That wasn’t something that occurred in any of their trials either, so there really isn’t any reason for Peter to think the giant lizard was a Curt hybrid.

And beyond a moment or two that don’t hold up as well now, Peter and Gwen are the best pairing to me in these movies so far. They actually acted like young people falling in love at that time. The awkward stammering and playful teasing is what made it feel real. I had actual conversations like that back then.

The teens in TASM were just generally way more representative of the time. Maybe the MCU version are too but I feel like they’d have to be on way more drugs lol.

In TASM21 just about everyone comes off "real" as does the world.

HC also took some stabs at saying what a modern Parker in high school in the 21st century in NYC would be in regards to school and friends and the baked in MCU humor doesn't overwhelm everything and anything the rest of the film is trying to do. I enjoy the hell out of HC on so many levels and the humor and characters are not insignificant factors.

But then FHH hits and his supporting characters all, every goddamned one of them become ****ing cartoon characters up to and including Ned and Aunt May.

MJ might escape this but the relationship she and Peter have is just sprung on us out of nowhere because last shot of MJ in HC notwithstanding where it's hinted at her feelings for Peter, there is nothing else in that movie telling us this is a mutual attraction. Then come FFH and Peter and her have connected in some meaningful way... OFF CAMERA.

But... I digress...

I get mining the cast for comedy since Tom is this super cute and cuddly version who isn't allowed to be a sarcastic smart ass in or out of costume. (And it's also apparent among fans that they're resistant to showing Peter as being anything more than Mister Golly Gee Whiz given how much push back the Garfield version got for supposedly being this immoral jerk of epic proportions for the mildest of character flaws. )

But they gotta balance that out with some kinda grounding and from friends to teachers they just do what the MCU does and turn the mediocre comedy knob to 11 and then rip it off for two hours.

Actually getting back to Peter and MJ... Given how they portray MJ and her world view wouldn't it have been something if she had rubbed off on Peter in some way or brought something out of him that was always there or at least was there before Ben died? Make part of their relationship that she sees through a big part of that "Golly gee whiz" smoke screen and brings out more of Peter's true self in the form of a more acerbic and sarcastic sense of humor? Like how do we know Peter was like this before the death of Ben? Peter could have been a bit of a sarcastic nerd *****e or had leanings towards that in his personality and this current Golly Gee Whiz thing is him overcompensating after he learns what Ben had always tried to tell him about personal responsibility and power. He suppressed his more A-Hole leanings but that comes out a little with MJ and they bond over this shared aspect they both have. At least THAT would be a deeper connection to what we've gotten which feels far too much like teenaged puppy love right now at least after two films with our love interests.

Reddit user MyTimeToShineHello(who’s been accurate so far as he’s gotten so many details about the NWH’s plot seen in the trailer right) says the villains are not variants, but the same versions that we saw in the Raimi/Webb movies.

E_HNKzCUUAEhDij

Last edited:
Did any of us seriously consider they were varients?

I assumed that any use of these baddies would be as they were from the older Spidey films.

I don't remember any scene where he spoke to Dr Conners about regenerating limbs and Lizard monsters. He goes to him to talk about how to catch a lizard. but there is no mention of the experiment. and in all fairness whose first reaction to a lizard monster would be Hey this must be part of some limb regenerating experiment thats gone totally wrong and this lizard monster is actually a Man turned into a Lizard!

Oh and Dr Conners looks a little unwell today, he must be the Giant lizard creature.

He would have to be in the audience following the story exactly with us to really be able to create an assumption like that. presumably catching the giant lizard monster so he could get a better look at it might help.

I don't know, to me that scene was just a little bit of a groaner. I don't really mean it as an insult on Andew Garfield though, again I think he was fine. That whole scene just felt a bit stupid IMO. Even setting aside being a viewer and knowing what was happening it just felt so clear that Oscorp would be involved somehow so him going there to ask around felt like a stretch.

But I think the tone overall was something that didn't quite work for me with TASM and even moreso, TASM2. There was that other scene when Peter is trying to convince Captain Stacy about Connors having transformed himself into a Lizard which felt silly and out of place in the more 'serious' tone of most of the movie. It's the kind of scene that probably could have worked better in the Raimi movies with their tone but didn't quite work in this case.

I will say though that for all my issues with TASM1, next to TASM2 it's not too bad. I don't think there's any more jarring shift in tone than in TASM2 when Peter's home after his fight with Electro and he decides he's gonna investigate the death of his parents and upbeat indie rock starts playing. :p

The villains will be the same iterations from an alternate timeline that the multiverse creates. Maguire & Garfield will be from their original timelines that we know them from.

That gives Tobey & Garfield's Spidey's good reason to involve themselves and help MCU's Peter and Dr. Strange.

I don't think "variants", or at least the term, will be used outside of the Loki series.

Did any of us seriously consider they were varients?

I assumed that any use of these baddies would be as they were from the older Spidey films.
I think a lot of people seriously considered them to be variants, especially Goblin.

Why do people keep forgetting Molina indirectly stated that he's playing the same Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2?

It's not impossible they completely change them in post production. Already happened in Civil War.

But I really, really hope they don't.

I really really really hope they find a reason to make the three Spider-Men fight. I don't think we've ever gotten a live action Spider-Man vs Spider-Man before. Unless you count Venom in SM3.

I'm guessing the most natural reason would be if

3. Strange doesn't assemble the 3 and they meet naturally and all think each other are imposters (Mysterio's illusion, Skrulls or whatever)

2. Strange does assemble the 3 but at some point likely prior to the finale the group has a turmoil. Causing them to fight briefly for whatever reason.

1. End of the film sparring match prior to the Peters going home. I'm sure the three will joke about who's the best and strongest throughout the film. But a quick 1 minute sparring match between the 3 Spider-Men would be a good way to settle it. And we shouldn't see how it ends either.

Tom Holland's costume. He wore a completely different one during filming, then they changed it to the one we see in the movie.
you mean he wore a CGI mocap suit or an actual Spider-Man suit that was completely different from what was on screen? Doesn't that still mean it was CGI anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"