Legion Noah Hawley's Legion (FX) - General Discussion Thread

Very exciting to see movement on this, though I think expecting something as good as Dafne Keen in Logan might be setting our hopes a little too high.

Very exciting to see movement on this, though I think expecting something as good as Dafne Keen in Logan might be setting our hopes a little too high.

True. I mean, not that I'm expecting something of that caliber, but maybe something great for a first-timer akin to how well Keen did on her first go with Logan.

I'm honestly just thankful series 3 still appears to be happening in these uncertain times.

I'm not overly concerned about a show already co-produced by Marvel disappearing simply because Marvel is now sole producer. The only potential concern would arise when the movies start introducing their own version of the X-Men.

BTW, "David Haller's plan" sounds ominous in the wake of season two!

Ominous indeed! I had no idea what season 2 would hold after the first, and even less this time around. The show is delightful, but my one hope is that this season has a better grip of all of its characters. A few were sadly lost in the twists and turns last year.

Probably my biggest disappointment was the Kerry story seemed more or less dropped about halfway through.

Just saw that, yeah. I'm fine with a solid three seasons. As Landgraf said, it's how Hawley envisioned it, so at least he gets to end it on his terms. Plus, he'll still be around the FX folks since he's got Season 4 of Fargo down the line.

As much as I want this show to continue forever... I'm glad they're not stretching it like so many shows.

Seconded. I love this show and would be perfectly fine if it kept on going, but I wouldn't want that to come at the expense of its creativity and originality, or just a strain on the very busy Noah Hawley. So at least he gets to end the series the way that he likes.

And we know ahead of time that this will be the end, which is no doubt good for Hawley and the crew, versus something like Iron Fist or Luke Cage, when we know there was more story to tell, but those shows got the rug pulled from under them- especially Luke Cage.

Love the Harry Lloyd casting, but I really hope this doesn't mean that Counterpart is cancelled.

Crud. Would've loved McAvoy or Stewart, but the fact that we're getting Professor X at all - I'll take it!

Would have loved Patrick, but Harry's great on Counterpart and I'm confident he'll do the role justice!

I'm also glad they get to plan for wrapping things up as opposed to ending on a cliffhanger then being cutoff.

This show shouldn't be forgotten about I don't think. It's too different to just scrap it and say "Hey here's the MCU version of Legion!" Perhaps some may be able to argue this TV show is LINO (Legion in Name Only) but it's a good show and I hope it's remembered and sets the bar for creative ingenuity for shows to come.

Edit: Besides the Variety article, I read a post over at CBM written by Mr. Wildling paraphrasing this news with additional bits/pieces of conjecture thrown in about not being able to have small screen versions of characters running around on Gifted either in near future. The timing of the announcement of Legion always being planned as 3 seasons makes me wonder if perhaps they simply are in damage control to some degree. The end result is what matters though so ending the series on a high note will probably work out towards being for the best in any case.

Last edited:
Beyond that, I am curious what will happen to FX. I think the production values put into some of their programming has rivaled any cable channel including HBO and Showtime and has an edge to it that is unlike any other station. No smoking on Mayans MC? Just little things I am kind of curious about...

I have to admit being skeptical about this. It seems to me, good PR or spin seems to equal reality all too often; a standardized notion projected as additional bits and pieces of info. guide the train of standardized crowd based perception over enough time so that general concensus/opinion can become framed. I just feel any negative changes to this TV station that will happen in the coming years everyone will embrace and those that don't will just not care anymore.

Am I a bit sore about non-comic properties being Disney owned? I've gotten over it. What will come will come. :shrug:

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but doing something eccentric and out of the box like Legion with a Marvel or DC property is too often more trouble than it's worth. I just want good TV shows or movies. Whether it's based on a comic property or not doesn't matter to me. Only difference is it may take longer to hear about.:cwink:

One less watch to show. Season 2 was confusing and I don't think I'll watch season 3.

You never fail to disappoint, Psy. By the time the merger is done, I wonder how often your hate-b0n3r for Fox/Marvel related stuff will still be showing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"