Legion Noah Hawley's Legion (FX) - General Discussion Thread

I thought about it some more after watching through Season 2 and seeing this trailer. It's a good thing they're able to tie things up in 3 seasons. I'm not overly sold on the trailer for the next season and season 2 as good as it was I think it's time to explore who David really is and what has been truly presented thus far. Now's the time for answers. Please deliver them.

Never understood how you are able to put this much negative energy into these Fox properties. It's actually kind of impressive and unlike anything I've ever seen. For like three years you've been saying the show is confusing, you don't like the made for TV characters and you think the show is pointless. Heck, you've said that you are not watching season 3 twice. Doesn't it ever wear you down? At a certain point I would be like, ''they ruined it'', ''it's not for me", or "I'll never watch it again" and then move on. Aren't you ever tempted to just focus on properties and things you do love?
Is there a rule that members can't express their lack of interest to the show? Even movies like Endgame get negative responses from posters and i don't ask them why are they here in the forum posting. Besides, Legixn is supposed to be an adaptation of X-Men related characters. I've seen the show, there were just two.

I don't go to DC tv shows section as I don't read DC comics and don't watch the shows. Ive read comics featuring Legion and the Shadow King and have seen the first two seasons of Legixn. You're not a mod to tell me to do things and I didn't tell anyone to stop watching Legixn.

Is there a rule that members can't express their lack of interest to the show? Even movies like Endgame get negative responses from posters and i don't ask them why are they here in the forum posting. Besides, Legixn is supposed to be an adaptation of X-Men related characters. I've seen the show, there were just two.

I don't go to DC tv shows section as I don't read DC comics and don't watch the shows. Ive read comics featuring Legion and the Shadow King and have seen the first two seasons of Legixn. You're not a mod to tell me to do things and I didn't tell anyone to stop watching Legixn.

psy, all you have here is a lack of interest in the show. It's practically your greatest and only weapon. Plus, those forum members who have negative responses to stuff like Endgame probably don't pop in every other day to post on a new thread the equivalent of 'I hate this, it stinks.' Or perhaps they do, but not with the same consistency as you have with these Fox Marvel properties.

Plus, no one's telling you to do anything. Not yet, anyway. Though it is fascinating that you have this diehard dislike of these properties and have no problem making it known, but seem to get bothered when someone makes it known that your constant griping, quite frankly, grows stale, if not past the point of negative for the sake of being negative.

I'm not telling you to do anything. That's not my place. I said I don't understand it, and I still don't. It's not about expressing your lack of interest either, but more about the fact that you continue to do so every chance you get. I mean there are shows I don't like or fall out of love with over time. I didn't continue to post for months after I decided to stop watching though.

I thought about it some more after watching through Season 2 and seeing this trailer. It's a good thing they're able to tie things up in 3 seasons. I'm not overly sold on the trailer for the next season and season 2 as good as it was I think it's time to explore who David really is and what has been truly presented thus far. Now's the time for answers. Please deliver them.
I did enjoy the trailer, but I do agree that we should get answers this season. The poster with mysteries, characters and items from previous seasons and the inclusion of Charles & Gabriella are a good indication that we'll get them though. Fingers crossed!

Haven't found a version of the second clip that's available in my country, but the first one looks really sweet.

I saw a theory for the main story of this season which sounds so likely to me that I'll go ahead and put it in a spoiler tag.
David travels back in time to try and kill The Shadow King because he believes him to be the source of all his problems. Instead, he accidentally kills Charles, like in AoA, before Charles gets a chance to fight the Shadow King.

Like Apocalypse before him, the Shadow King would use this opportunity to take control of the world, essentially giving him the roles of both (past) Magneto and Apocalypse. Switch can be our Bishop as the only one who knows that time has changed, cluing in the Div 3 / Summerland group.

Eventually, fighting the Shadow King might give David one last shot at redemption, which fits with Noah Hawley saying that S3 would either break the circle in regards to David's mental state or start the cycle anew. Which way it goes depends on David's actions.

I know it'll probably more complicated, and less clean than that, but it does sound rather likely that some of that might happen.

Last edited:
LJcRw4M.jpg

Forgot how weirdly visually intense this show is.... groovy. :p

Man. Regardless of the season ending, I would LOVE to hear that the cast, crew, writers and directors had decided to do other projects together as a troupe. It’s truly an ensemble endeavour.

I swear this show is operating on a higher plane than any show out there.... the closet thing to this might be Mr. Robot.

Man. Regardless of the season ending, I would LOVE to hear that the cast, crew, writers and directors had decided to do other projects together as a troupe. It’s truly an ensemble endeavour.

Well, maybe not as a full troupe, but Hawley may at least use as many of them as often as he can. For example, Dan Stevens is in Lucy In the Sky, and both Jeremie Harris and Amber Midthunder will be in the next season of Fargo.

Season 1 > 3 > 2

The last season benefited from a shorter and more focused run. Enjoyed it quite a lot. Some beautiful sequences throughout, and scenes you'd think I'd made up if you hadn't seen it too (rap battle anyone?). I don't feel the show ever managed to hit the highs of season 1 however, and really struggled to give the extended cast anything to do. Plutonomy stands out the most to me as I really enjoyed him in the early episodes, and despite being 'revived' this season, I can't recall a single thing he did.

So grateful this show existed, and hoping against hope it gets a home release. For such a stunning show, it's borderline insulting that only season 1 appears to have a blu ray release (and the uk hasn't even got a s2 release in any format)

Me watching Legixn.
tenor.gif

Most confusing show ever!

Season 1 > 3 > 2

The last season benefited from a shorter and more focused run. Enjoyed it quite a lot. Some beautiful sequences throughout, and scenes you'd think I'd made up if you hadn't seen it too (rap battle anyone?). I don't feel the show ever managed to hit the highs of season 1 however, and really struggled to give the extended cast anything to do. Plutonomy stands out the most to me as I really enjoyed him in the early episodes, and despite being 'revived' this season, I can't recall a single thing he did.

So grateful this show existed, and hoping against hope it gets a home release. For such a stunning show, it's borderline insulting that only season 1 appears to have a blu ray release (and the uk hasn't even got a s2 release in any format)
Maybe they could include it in Disney+ as well?

Too dark for Disney+, though I'm not getting it anyway. I fear the death of physical media is imminent but I still like owning my stuff.
I do too as well, but from where I live in, physical copy for movies and music are now dead as no distributor in my country is releasing the latest movies on dvd/blu ray since late of 2018, while newer albums didn't appear in stores since 2017. While dvds for tv shows were a rare thing here. All the cd/dvds/blu rayshops that I went to have been replaced. And so I'm kinda forced to really move on to streaming now. I can't buy new cds/dvds/blu rays anymore and if I buy them online, it would be so expensive because of shipping fees since the product will come from another country and I'm not doing that.

I do too as well, but from where I live in, physical copy for movies and music are now dead as no distributor in my country is releasing the latest movies on dvd/blu ray since late of 2018, while newer albums didn't appear in stores since 2017. While dvds for tv shows were a rare thing here. All the cd/dvds/blu rayshops that I went to have been replaced. And so I'm kinda forced to really move on to streaming now. I can't buy new cds/dvds/blu rays anymore and if I buy them online, it would be so expensive because of shipping fees since the product will come from another country and I'm not doing that.

Oh man that really sucks dude. A startling image of the future perhaps. Maybe the streaming war will become so insufferable people start turning back to buying stuff haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"