Legion Noah Hawley's Legion (FX) - General Discussion Thread

No I don't hate a particular studio unlike you do with Marvel Stud10s, Legixn is just confusing as s*** and quite pointless, and it features lots of made up characters which I couldn't care less.

Like Daredevil 3, Cloak & Dagger 2 and Punisher 2, I'm skipping the neXt season.

You know, it's not like anyone would think differently if you were just honest about hating them, psy. It's not like the writing isn't on the wall.

Sad to hear the show is ending, but something as bizarre as Legion getting 3 seasons is a minor miracle. Whether or not ending here was really the plan, I'm glad it looks to be wrapping up as opposed to getting cut off.

Disappointed that Patrick Stewart isn't likely to show up. That would have been a really nice touch (go on sneak in a cameo). Judging by the ages of those cast, it appears that Chuck might be used in a flashback capacity anyway.

WonderCon: Legion panel teases S3 premiere footage and introduces Lauren Tsai as Switch

At Wondercon 2019, over 10 minutes of the third and final season of Legion was shown, which introduced Switch played by newcomer Lauren Tsai to the ensemble cast. She was joined by Amber Midthunder (Kerry Loudermilk), Jeremie Harris (Ptonomy Wallace), Navid Negahban (Amahl Farouk), Aubrey Plaza (Lenny Busker), Rachel Keller (Syd Barrett), Dan Stevens (David Haller), Jeph Loeb (Head of Marvel TV), Lauren Schuler Donner (Executive Producer) and the do-everything showrunner Noah Hawley to discuss what’s to come in the final season but also look back on arguably the best thing associated with Marvel TV. NPR’s TV critic David Bianculli moderated.

To say that the clip was cryptic is par for the course at Legion, as Switch appears wearing red over-the-head headphones as she takes in messages about time travel, eats breakfast with a man on a television, and is led away from her college classroom by strange messages.

Switch ends up in what could be best described as a floating dry cleaners or department store with racks of yellow, orange, and green clothes shifting all around her until a dance number begins with a song that is retro and futuristic at the same time. She is led to crawling through a never-ending hexagonal tube that spans the rises into the skyscrapers, to a yacht and over flower fields, and Switch doesn’t utter a single word the entire clip. There’s no point to make any sense of it without the context of the rest of the episode, but every one in attendance was treated to sensory overload and is surely a taste of the weirdness to come.

Some other details gathered about Season 3 included that Charles Xavier will finally make an appearance on the show, played by Harry Lloyd (The Theory of Everything, Game of Thrones). The season will be eight episodes long and will premiere this June. Also the shooting schedule was arranged so that the final scene filmed of the series had as many characters that he could pack.
The season will be eight episodes long and will premiere this June.

Looking forward to it. :D

Minor, inconsequential update. There was a very, and I do mean very brief promo tease for Season 3 last night during Fosse/Verdon. Only 10 seconds, but very psychedelic looking colors.

D55a8Y5U8AALRvq.jpg

Love the poster and super excited for S3! Couldn't figure out what the thing right of the banjo is though. All of these elements are from S1 & S2 which fits with what we've been told about time travel. I also suspect that's how David will be interacting with those two comic character and why their actors are younger than Dan Stevens.

I'm looking forward to going mad once again.

Trippy as hell and I am here for it. I say this every season, but 'The colors, man.'

It had a longer run than I thought just because of how surreal it is.

It had a longer run than I thought just because of how surreal it is.

Agreed there. 3 seasons and ending on the creator's terms is a damn fine achievement for a show so odd. Couldn't be happier for it. I only hope it goes out in style. I'll admit I was less taken by the second season than I was the first.

Looks amazing, can't wait.

Looks confusing and compare to the first season it looks less cinematic. I guess they have already cut the budget.

Looks confusing and compare to the first season it looks less cinematic. I guess they have already cut the budget.
Never understood how you are able to put this much negative energy into these Fox properties. It's actually kind of impressive and unlike anything I've ever seen. For like three years you've been saying the show is confusing, you don't like the made for TV characters and you think the show is pointless. Heck, you've said that you are not watching season 3 twice. Doesn't it ever wear you down? At a certain point I would be like, ''they ruined it'', ''it's not for me", or "I'll never watch it again" and then move on. Aren't you ever tempted to just focus on properties and things you do love?

Never understood how you are able to put this much negative energy into these Fox properties. It's actually kind of impressive and unlike anything I've ever seen. For like three years you've been saying the show is confusing, you don't like the made for TV characters and you think the show is pointless. Heck, you've said that you are not watching season 3 twice. Doesn't it ever wear you down? At a certain point I would be like, ''they ruined it'', ''it's not for me", or "I'll never watch it again" and then move on. Aren't you ever tempted to just focus on properties and things you do love?
Yeah...

That’s why I stopped watching Arrow/The Flash. And haven’t posted in those forums since 2016/2017.

I got to a point that overall the shows weren’t doing anything for me. Do I take out my frustrations on those who enjoy, absolutely not.

More should follow that notion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"