• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Norman Osborn

Actually, I don't care if Spider-Man gets to take Norman down. In fact, I'd prefer he didn't. Norman's made the big leagues, so they might as well commit to that. When he goes down, it ought to be at the hands of a big-league hero or even a team of heroes or his own political slip-ups or something. Having pissant little Spider-Man punch him in the face would be kind of beneath him at this point.

Oh come on man, dont you think it would make a great "david vs goliath" type of story? To have little spiderman who's hunted by the law take down his arch nemesis who's now king of the world?

Not really. But, given that Spider-Man doesn't really exist to me anymore, I may be biased.

Fair enough, trust me i feel the same way, but thats why i think that this could possibly redeem him, to step up to a challenge this massive. I mean when was the last time one of spidey's rogues were a real threat to the world?

The only thing that'll redeem him for me is if he's a normal guy who happens to have superpowers again, not a devil-dealing, selfish brat.

And Spidey's villains were never a threat to the world because Spidey's not a world-class-threat sort of hero. He's "your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man," remember? He's usually too concerned with the craziness of his own life to see the bigger picture and his villains are, by and large, much the same--their biggest concerns are usually bank heists or something. Now that Norman's gotten control of practically the entire US government, he's risen beyond Spider-Man's league, in my opinion. Spider-Man'll fight him as a member of the New Avengers, I'm sure, but it's not like he's even capable of single-handedly taking Norman down. Norman's on such a higher playing field than Peter that Peter wouldn't even know where to begin taking him down on his own.

I see your point, i just hate the prospect of anyone else but spidey taking norman osborn down, it just isnt right. I wouldnt want superman taking down the joker, nor would i want batman taking lex down. Your right, spidey's not a world class threat sort of hero, yet at the same time, spiderman has taken down every single marvel hero and villain. He's your "friendly neighborhood" spiderman yet when he wants to be he can be very badass. I think spidey needs to reclaim some of that "badass-ness" back to his name, cause in recent years he's been pretty much the "jokester-avengers-sidekick" guy. He needs to remind everyone that you do not f*** with him, remember what he did to kingpin in Back in Black? Now thats what i'm talkin bout. Thats why i personally think spiderman is more than capable of taking norman down, the question is, is marvel gonna go down that road or keep him as a sidekick who'll never amount to anything?

I'm sorry but this situation just seems stupid, everyone knows Norman is the Green Goblin, known murderer, so it seems pretty stupid that they would make him the most powerful man in the world. Heck before he was arrested he kindanpped 18 people and threatened to kill them, everyone knows that, why would you make him the most powerful man in the world?

I think Normans more scary than Lex right now because his actually insane. Giving power over to a super villain is one thing but giving it to a mental unstable one is another.

I know! Like when he flipped the hell out and threw The Swordsman to his (apparent) death.

That was an EXCELLENT scene and i hope we get more moments like that as Dark Reign progresses.

Dude, they havta make the spiderman the one who ultimately deals with Norman Osborn. Having Tony Stark do it would just be wrong, and let's be honest, who really wants to see that? I think what everybody wants to see is Spider-man finally stepping up to a major challenge of this caliber, and this is the perfect oppurtunity for that to happen. If marvel doesn't make that happen then they're just absolutely stupid. Thats like having lex luthor becoming king of the world and having batman be the one to defeat him, thats not right. Spiderman NEEDS to be the one who stops this guy.

Agreed. In the Marvel Universe, the Parker/Osborn feud is second only to the Reed Richards/Von Doom feud in terms of "personal feelings"...

Dark Reign almost writes itself in that sense, having it end with Peter and Norman up close and at each other's throats.

Norman now has plenty of OTHER minions at his disposal for Stark and company to worry about.

I'd like to see Pete evolve a bit with Norman. Maybe get a job with the Government after the Dark Reign shakedown. Hell it worked well for Spider-Woman. I'd like to see Pete in a more grown up role at SHIELD or whatever agency survives all of this.

I'd love to see Pete in those grown up situations, but alas we took a step back with OMD.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

^^Exactly CaptainStacy, if it were Doom in Osborn's position, would u want anyone else besides the fantastic four to take him down? It's only right that Spiderman takes down his arch nemesis, plus it'll make Spiderman badass again, a quality that he's lost in recent years. And your right, Dark Reign really does write itself in this regard. But these days Marvel's all about doing something different so i fear that Marvel is going to have Tony face off against Osborn in the finale instead of Spiderman. If that happens, well, to say that i'll be disappointed would be a MASSIVE understatement.

Oh and yes Franklin Richards, i too would love to see Peter grow up, but Marvel wants him to be a Toy's R US kid forever. lol

I agree to a certain degree about "who should take 'em out in the end". But if the FF couldn't take down Doom, I'd accept Iron Man. He has a weird history with Doom, he's almost like Doom's Heimdall. Thor maybe Loki's arch enemy but Heimdall takes his ass out in the end.

Who would be Norman's second choice?

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Thats just the thing, Norman's had no personal beef with anyone in the MU besides spidey, there really is no second choice. Your right about Doom though, Doom's battled everybody, so i wouldnt be upset if Ironman took him down or even spidey.

Probably Luke Cage at this point. He beat the s*** out of Norman a while back already, and now Luke's basically in Norman's pocket. Taking Norman down could be his big redemption thing.

When did Luke Cage beat down Osborn?

Probably Luke Cage at this point. He beat the s*** out of Norman a while back already, and now Luke's basically in Norman's pocket. Taking Norman down could be his big redemption thing.

That's probably what will happen, especially if Bendis writes the next "Event", as Bendis has been beefing up Cage's status in the Marvel Universe these past few years...

I was glad to see Luke get a revival. Although I do miss the tiara. :D

funnycomic_cagedoommoney.jpg

:doom: :doom: :doom:

^^I've been meaning to read the Pulse, what did Norman do to Luke?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"