Not an origin film and Bana & Purcell in talks?!?!?!?

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
THE INCREDIBLE HULK
TO SMASH INTO THEATERS JUNE 27, 2008
Source: www.marvel.com:

LEGENDARY MARVEL SUPER HERO TO RETURN TO THE BIG SCREEN IN ALL-NEW, ACTION-PACKED ADAPTATION HITTING SUMMER 2008

HOLLYWOOD, CA, November 6, 2006 – You WILL like him when he's angry! Marvel Studios and Universal Pictures will unleash Marvel's renowned, larger-than-life green Super Hero onto moviegoers everywhere in summer 2008 as they have announced a June 27th release date for the action-packed, new big screen adaptation: The Incredible Hulk. The announcement was made today by Michael Helfant, President and COO, Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, President of Production for Marvel Studios.

Directed by top rising star Louis Leterrier (Transporter 2, Unleashed), The Incredible Hulk will return to the roots of the long-running comic series, combining a well-developed storyline with incredible action and fun. Zak Penn, who previously collaborated with Marvel on X2 and this summer's smash hit X-Men: The Last Stand, is writing the script. The project is being produced by Avi Arad, Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd and will be executive produced by Michael Helfant, David Womark, and Ari Arad. Marvel Studios is currently casting the project.

The Incredible Hulk is being independently produced by Marvel Studios through its $525 million, non-recourse film finance facility and will be distributed domestically and in several international territories by Universal Pictures.

Feige commented, "The Incredible Hulk will be the type of fun, high-octane event film people have come to expect from Marvel. We could not be more excited about this project and our summer 2008 prospects now that we have both our green goliath and our highly-anticipated Iron Man set for release."

Helfant added, "We're very happy that Universal is distributing The Incredible Hulk. We have a history together and this is a great opportunity for both Marvel and Universal to take the Hulk film franchise to another level."

While it's unclear how closely tied The Incredible Hulk will be to Ang Lee's Hulk from 2003, Marvel is trying to project a new spin on the character.

Avi Arad was quoted as saying, "There will be a lot more of the relationship between Bruce and the Hulk. By now Bruce has more knowledge and we want to accentuate the love story", Arad says of the script. "This will still be a movie driven by relationships.... But because we don't have to get into what brings about the Hulk, we can get right into a story and his relationship with Betty and General Ross. And Abomination."

And screenwriter Zak Penn told The X Verse that "I thought the tone of the TV series was perfect, and something the first movie could have used. I really wanted to see Bruce on the run, keeping his secret from people, constantly afraid of transforming. You will see all that in Hulk 2, and no poodles."

Asked about whether Bana is returning - Arad said, "Maybe so? They are still in talks, and I believe they're still in negotiations with [Dominic] Purcell (Blade: 3) as well". Avi Arad addded that filming will start in April, 2007.[/

Note from Advanced Dark: That quote from Zak and Avi seems old but is it? I knew this wasn't a rehash origin story so this should calm everyone down on that...but they way Avi separated his statements about Purcell and Bana makes me believe the Purcell rumors were true but he's up for Abomination.

Are those quotes old???

I think that the first one was from a while ago, but the second seems to be new. Hopefully this means that Bana has a good chance of returning.

I hope Eric Bana & Sam Elliott both decide to come back. It would give more continuity to the movies if all the main stars were to return. Wouldn't want this series to turn out like the Batman movie series so soon were a new guy is brought in to play Bruce Banner.

I'd love to have Bana, Elliot, and Connelly back for a sequel. Would make the franchise seem more coherent.

I´d settle for only getting Bana back, though getting Sam Elliot would be great.

Hopefully this is the way it turnes out, Bana comes back and Purcel gets to be the Abomination.

Bana & Eliot should come back they make a contrast of character so impressive.
I liked that part in movie 1 where Tbolt interrogates Banner and harassing him about his long forgotten father.lol

If Bana does return i am officially re-interested in this movie, but those quote's look very old to me, so i'm not getting my hopes up.

meh, if they are going in a new direction i would prefer new actors to portray this fact, otherwise it will just become a dodgy sequel...

I think this film and the HULk film are going to be pretty different and whether you liked the hulk or not, having these films associated with one another won't do any of them much good (either with people having to watch the old one which they hated or people having to watch the new one which they can't believe ties in with this new one).

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
If Bana does return i am officially re-interested in this movie, but those quote's look very old to me, so i'm not getting my hopes up.

Glad you're back on board Jamon. I've never seen the second quote from Avi, Asked about whether Bana is returning - Arad said, "Maybe so? They are still in talks, and I believe they're still in negotiations with [Dominic] Purcell (Blade: 3) as well". Avi Arad addded that filming will start in April, 2007 Especially, the quote about Bana. If Marvel is smart, they'd get Bana back and make the guys that love the first movie back on board.

^ They either need to let Bana have a little bit more freedom with his emotions in this film...or find an actor who portrays this better with his physical presence.

I think the reason Banas performance was so, blah, was the direction of Lee and the way the character was written by the writers. Part of what turned me off was the blahness of Banner. He isn’t that, Blah, in the comic or was he in the TV show. He seemed numb to me. If that’s what Ang was aiming for then it’s on him not Bana for the lack of interest in the Banner character. I hope they get Bana back to keep some continuity with the first movie.

lol......CJ(blah)!lol.............100x
yeah pls get Bana back and Eliot too he was intimidating for a general's role!

Cracker Jack said:
I think the reason Banas performance was so, blah, was the direction of Lee and the way the character was written by the writers. Part of what turned me off was the blahness of Banner. He isn’t that, Blah, in the comic or was he in the TV show. He seemed numb to me. If that’s what Ang was aiming for then it’s on him not Bana for the lack of interest in the Banner character. I hope they get Bana back to keep some continuity with the first movie.

Oh yeah I totally agree that's why I said hopefully they'll let him be more colorful in this one IF he get's the role back.

Cracker Jack said:

Banner was supposed to be a color less, repressed individual to all outside observers... Kinda hard to make a character like that interesting :oldrazz:

I hope Bana is back but if he isn´t then I think Wentworth Miller is the way to go, the more I see of him in Prison Break the more I´m convinced he can handle the role of Banner on the run.

Wyrminarrd said:
Banner was supposed to be a color less, repressed individual to all outside observers...

That was what I was said. Lee was aiming for that and as a result people were turned off by it. Banner is not like that in the comic. Bring Bana back and let him expan on the character to be more like the Banner of the comic and TV show. Not a BLAH person.

Cracker Jack said:
Glad you're back on board Jamon. I've never seen the second quote from Avi, Asked about whether Bana is returning - Arad said, "Maybe so? They are still in talks, and I believe they're still in negotiations with [Dominic] Purcell (Blade: 3) as well". Avi Arad addded that filming will start in April, 2007 Especially, the quote about Bana. If Marvel is smart, they'd get Bana back and make the guys that love the first movie back on board.

Thanks CJ, i always intended to return once we got some more news though. Hope everybody is good. But i still dont think they want Bana back for this.

Wyrminarrd said:
Banner was supposed to be a color less, repressed individual to all outside observers... Kinda hard to make a character like that interesting :oldrazz:

I hope Bana is back but if he isn´t then I think Wentworth Miller is the way to go, the more I see of him in Prison Break the more I´m convinced he can handle the role of Banner on the run.

only the fact that he's on Prison Break makes doing a feature film the scope of TIH almost impossible, unless it can be totally shot on the show's hiatus from filming.

If not Bana, I'd like to see Duchovny. He plays the smart, sullen character very well...

One can only hope :yay:

I´ll keep on picking him until they either pick someone else or officially rule Wentworth out, it just makes no sense to pick someone I think is lesser choice just because of possible scheduling problems.

Though I will admit that I´d rather want another season or two of Prison Break then to have it end now and Wentworth be cast as Banner.

I'd love to have Bana come back and have the movie be a vague sequel to the original

I hope the trinity (Bana/Connelly/Elliot) all return for this.

*crosses fingers*

hippie_hunter said:
I'd love to have Bana come back and have the movie be a vague sequel to the original

My thoughts exactly.
I want that as well.

Purcell and the return of Connelly and Elliot would be awesome, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"