Nova

chiefchirpa

Haaa-rooooooo
Reaction score
It is a good idea to make this movie project in the near future? I believe this will be the film to open Guardians of the Galaxy series of movies...

- Teenager found space powers <-- Darkhawk has a gem as the vessel of power, Green Lantern has a ring, Nova has?
- Cool "swooshing" flying feat
- Learn the space powers means he's forced enlisted by space military organization filled by corruption and bureaucracy
- Sexy Worldmind voice
- A new, brainy type space supervillain made for the movie inspired by the Sphinx

I think for the Nova movie they should completely skip his origin. Have it start off with him at the Nova Corps, thought of as a rookie by his peers.

Instead of doing the usual origin thing they should have him already established but trying to prove that a human can be a great Nova. Have that be the focus of the story, instead of boring crap on Earth.

Basically, everything Green Lantern wasn't. More focus on the actual Corps and Rich trying to prove himself.

I just don't see how a Nova film could be done without people thinking it's a Green Lantern rip-off, you know how quick the GA is to write things of as a "rip off".

Yea, that's part of the reason why they should just completely skip his origin.

That would help out quite a bit, but there's still the whole premise of being a "space cop".

Yea but you'd do it better. You'd actually have him be a space cop. Instead of the origin where he mopes around on Earth like GL.

Have Ryder already a Nova, trying to prove himself to all the others, who look at Earth as some backwater mudball. More about the characters. All different locations in space. Maybe at the Crunch, so if Marvel get the F4 back one day Annihilation is already set up.

Sounds good to me, although I'm tired of aliens thinking of Earth as some sort of back waters mudball.

It's about time someone shows Earth some goddamn respect every once and awhile! :argh:

Lol

Well that's what Ryder whould do. He becomes the last Nova alive and leads the entire universes resistance.

Yeah, I think the origin should be skipped.

Can Starship Troopers be of any inspiration? Militaristic space force (how could a benign police corps be called Centurion) who has long lost its glory time not knowing space assassins (Talons of Darkhawk) are targeting for their annihilation.

Last edited:
I have to agree that skipping the origin would be a good idea, it is just too similar to GL, in fact its almost exactly the same.

Ideally they could just jump into an Annihilation trilogy but whether they would be able to is a different matter!

So who would you cast as Nova?

Also, if they do an Annihilation trilogy you have quite a cast of cosmic heavies. Obviously you can't include everyone. So the question is, what do you trim from this massive story? Which characters should the story revolve around? Do you include Galactus and the Heralds if rights are not an issue?

Realistically they could use the following characters and trim the story drastically.

Nova
Annihilus
Ravenous
Ronan the Accuser
Thanos
Gamora
Klrt the Super-Skrull
Drax the Destroyer
Moondragon

I think you write Galactus and the heralds out of the story and focus on Nova and his pursuit of the Annihilation Wave following the destruction of Xandar. Team Nova up immediately with Drax (who is pursuing Thanos in league with the Wave) and Moondragon.

Set it during the Kree/Skrull War and put the protagonists in the position of having to unite the warring factions (led by Klrt and Ronan respectively). Obviously opportunities for some epic showdowns. I personally would have Klrt and Ronan going at each other at some point.

Obviously you would want plenty of Annihilus henchmen as cannon fodder (paibok, blood brothers, possibly Blastaar).

Action pieces should include Drax vs. Thanos. Annihilus vs. Thanos. Ronan & Klrt vs. Ravenous. Nova vs. Annihilus. Moondragon vs. Gamora. Of course plenty of epic wide scale battle.

I just don't see how a Nova film could be done without people thinking it's a Green Lantern rip-off, you know how quick the GA is to write things of as a "rip off".

They've probably already forgotten about GL. They don't latch onto movies the way geeks do.

Last edited:
It is a good idea to make this movie project in the near future? I believe this will be the film to open Guardians of the Galaxy series of movies...

- Teenager found space powers <-- Darkhawk has a gem as the vessel of power, Green Lantern has a ring, Nova has?

A suit.

Absolutely.

Ironic, as Green Lantern itself is a rip-off of the Galactic Lensman novels.

It's not some much like GL movie, just make Nova a "good" movie and ppl will come out to watch.

It's not some much like GL movie, just make Nova a "good" movie and ppl will come out to watch.

I have to agree with this post. The origin story was not what hurt Green Lantern (there were too many fans out there that insist on introducing a character to audiences with an origin storyline). If your film is good it wouldn't matter anyway. Nova is going to need more exposure first before it is going to be successful. The franchise should start out with an animated series or live action television show first to build up a larger fan base. Then in three to five years they could consider developing a feature film. I would also suggest that a good SciFy director helm this project.

Last edited:
I have to agree with this post. The origin story was not what hurt Green Lantern (there were too many fans out there that insist on introducing a character to audiences with an origin storyline). If your film is good it wouldn't matter anyway. Nova is going to need more exposure first before it is going to be successful. The franchise should start out with an animated series or live action television show first to build up a larger fan base. Then in three to five years they could consider developing a feature film. I would also suggest that a good SciFy director helm this project.

Marvel Studios brand could be the bait itself if Avengers, Iron Man 3, and perhaps the new character movie (prob. Dr Strange) are successful enough...

Marvel Studios brand could be the bait itself if Avengers, Iron Man 3, and perhaps the new character movie (prob. Dr Strange) are successful enough...

In theory, yeah, though Marvel won't want to overplay that hand.

I'm a big Nova fan, having cosplayed him multiple times. Unfortunately, I don't think there's room for a Nova movie until waaaay down the line. And a tv show would still be establishing a new character...which they ought to leave for someone in the Avengers main lineup (not that Nova hasn't been an Avenger in the past, mind you).

Marvel is smarter then DC. I never thought a Thor film would work and I screamed it was better to just have Thor appear in an Avengers flick first. I was proved wrong. Heck Marvel is talking about a Guardians of the Galaxy film and before Thor's movie I would've laugh at the thought of that succeeding but again it's highly possible it'll work as well as Nova. Personally I think it'll be better to have Nova appear in the Guardians flick.

I think for the Nova movie they should completely skip his origin. Have it start off with him at the Nova Corps, thought of as a rookie by his peers.

Instead of doing the usual origin thing they should have him already established but trying to prove that a human can be a great Nova. Have that be the focus of the story, instead of boring crap on Earth.

Basically, everything Green Lantern wasn't. More focus on the actual Corps and Rich trying to prove himself.

This is the way I would do it. Mucking around with Nova's terrestrial origins is fine and all, but the meat of his story is with the Nova Corp. Thats where their focus should lie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"