Guardians of the Galaxy Thanos & Infinity Gauntlet Theories

Again: the Cask wasn't a replica. It actually worked. So there's no reason to assume that any of the other relics are fakes.

Yes, it's kind of hard for us to grasp that these reality-bending Relics of Power would just be sitting around on display in a museum with no visible security at all. But it probably comes down to the fact that it's The Goddamn Allfather's Treasury Room, and NOBODY --- least of all Odin --- expects ANYBODY to be able to (or even contemplate) busting into Asgard and then looting the Treasury. The ONLY way it could be done is from the inside, and Odin had no reason to mistrust anybody in Asgard to be such a traitor. Until the events of the Thor movie unfolded and Loki betrayed him.

Yeah, as much I I hate to say this, the infinity gems probably won't come into play in the mcu. Unless they somehow find a way a reason for Odin to remove them from the gauntlet

They aren't going to structure their movies around a 1/4 second piece of fan service.

And they aren't going to include a bunch of Thanos exposition in the other movies that will be hugely relevant to the Avengers sequel he'll be in.

It'll be a largely standalone story, featuring characters from the other movies, just like the first one was. The biggest threads it'll build on will be the ones from the first Avengers movie.

That's the only way you don't alienate a massive portion of your audience. And that's the only way the Avengers sequel won't collapse under its own weight.

....Is that including the days it spent on prominent display at SDCC...? Or the time it showed up in the Kevin Feige video interview? Or the time it was displayed in the Art of Thor book (along with the other Treasury items)?

You can undermine it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Marvel Studios themselves have *advertised* the Gauntlet. They've made damn sure that all fanboys who know what the IG is are made well aware that it exists in the MCU, in the Treasury.

*You* can come up with all the conspiracy theories you want about fakes and misdirection all you want, but the fact remains that it was there, it was unmistakable, and Marvel Studios has continued to advertise and show it off in other places. I've seen no evidence that Kevin Feige is in the bait 'n' switch business in any MS film so far, so I find it baffling that you think he's suddenly going to start, just because *you* don't want the Gauntlet to exist yet.

What does any of what you just said have anything to do with what I said? Obvious I want the gauntlet to exist, and obviously we will see it. That doesn't mean, though, that the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is going to be based on 9/25ths of a second. This is NO different to the brief cameo that Captain America's shield made in the first Iron Man. Yes, obviously a prop for Captain America's shield existed, and yes, obviously it was going to appear, but that doesn't mean that the narrative for the Captain America film was going to be beholden to that blink-and-you-miss-it cameo which the shield made in the first Iron Man movie. Likewise, while the Infinity Gauntlet will appear, that doesn't mean that the Infinity Gauntlet story must be beholded to the 9/25ths of a second appearance in Thor.

What does any of what you just said have anything to do with what I said? Obvious I want the gauntlet to exist, and obviously we will see it. That doesn't mean, though, that the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is going to be based on 9/25ths of a second. This is NO different to the brief cameo that Captain America's shield made in the first Iron Man. Yes, obviously a prop for Captain America's shield existed, and yes, obviously it was going to appear, but that doesn't mean that the narrative for the Captain America film was going to be beholden to that blink-and-you-miss-it cameo which the shield made in the first Iron Man movie. Likewise, while the Infinity Gauntlet will appear, that doesn't mean that the Infinity Gauntlet story must be beholded to the 9/25ths of a second appearance in Thor.

Who says it's "beholden," or "beholded?" You make it sound like Feige and whoever writes/directs GOTG and/or TA2 doesn't want to use the Infinity Gauntlet, and/or doesn't want it to be in the Treasury Room. But YOU are the only one making that assumption. Feige may very well want it to go down the way I said, and the simple fact of the matter is that I have at least circumstantial evidence (Thor clip, Art of Thor book, SDCC prop, Kevin Feige interview) to back my theory up; what evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, do you have to prove otherwise?

Who says it's "beholden," or "beholded?" You make it sound like Feige and whoever writes/directs GOTG and/or TA2 doesn't want to use the Infinity Gauntlet, and/or doesn't want it to be in the Treasury Room. But YOU are the only one making that assumption. Feige may very well want it to go down the way I said, and the simple fact of the matter is that I have at least circumstantial evidence (Thor clip, Art of Thor book, SDCC prop, Kevin Feige interview) to back my theory up; what evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, do you have to prove otherwise?

I think he is arguing whether or the gems will play into effect

Again: the Cask wasn't a replica. It actually worked. So there's no reason to assume that any of the other relics are fakes.

Yes, it's kind of hard for us to grasp that these reality-bending Relics of Power would just be sitting around on display in a museum with no visible security at all. But it probably comes down to the fact that it's The Goddamn Allfather's Treasury Room, and NOBODY --- least of all Odin --- expects ANYBODY to be able to (or even contemplate) busting into Asgard and then looting the Treasury. The ONLY way it could be done is from the inside, and Odin had no reason to mistrust anybody in Asgard to be such a traitor. Until the events of the Thor movie unfolded and Loki betrayed him.

Well technically the Destroyer was the security but Thor took care of that.

there was also an asgardian guard who got his neck broke in the relic room by a frost giant.
maybe thor 2 will touch on the gauntlet becoming missing or stolen. or maybe loki getting caught in the avengers was just so he could get back to asgard and steal the gauntlet for thanos.

also maybe loki is taking mephisto's place. instead of mephisto as the lacky it will be loki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"