• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

November 4th, 2008: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, and The Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy off-topic discussion Batman!

anyway, I'll be voting on Election Day, as I like going to the polls with everyone else on the day the decision gets made. Only voted early once and that was when I was in college in 1996 and had to vote absentee since I was in another state.

In this forum, semi intelligent thread should be encouraged and treated with care for it is so rare.

This thread is going off the rails fast. Just to remind everyone:

This is not the place to discuss drilling or alternative energy. Nor is this the place for anyone antagonizing other posters because their political views are different than yours.

Just because this board leans predominantly to the left doesn't mean people should be ganging up on whoever posts a conflicting opinion. Their views are welcome here, as long as everyone gets along and treats everyone else with respect.

Norm is not lazur and I don't want to hear anyone making that comparison again.

Let's get back on topic please.

I know over here quite a few of us have gotten our absentee ballots. I was one of the first to get in my ballot and voted about a week ago and since then, I've seen a steady stream of ballots come in. I just hope they get to the states in time to actually be counted.

Last edited:

This is not the place to discuss drilling or alternative energy. Nor is this the place for anyone antagonizing other posters because their political views are different than yours.

Just because this board leans predominantly to the left doesn't mean people should be ganging up on whoever posts a conflicting opinion. Their views are welcome here, as long as everyone gets along and treats everyone else with respect.

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to post that article in here . . . my apologies. :o

I agree. I realize that threads go off topic quite often, but this thread is for discussing your election experience! Whether you are campaigning, voting early, and eventually for election day crowd reports and results.

I voted Friday. I actually wanted to vote on election day, but as my dad, brother and I were already out and about, we decided to go early. I voted on election day in 2004 and it was interesting to see the huge line of college students winding through the student center at Illinois State. So many different opinions being discussed. It was nice just to listen. I wanted to do that again with an older, local group.

This time it was just a quick "vote and get out" type of experience. I was kinda disappointed but that was what the old man wanted.

I voted Thursday. The officials said they had been very busy all day, and the next day the local paper said 5,000 people had voted early that first day in our town, which has a population of around 200,000.

Handsome Rob started it! :cmad: :cwink:

My absentee ballot has yet to arrive. Granted, Obama will win New York (Rasmussen had him with a 33-point lead there the other day-- the second-widest margin next to Hawaii). But I really want to vote in my Congressional race, since it will be very close.

I picked McCain(even though I don't really like either of them) since I HOPE Obama doesn't get within a mile of the Presidency. Still, I'm voting for Bob Barr in real life.

I picked McCain(even though I don't really like either of them) since I HOPE Obama doesn't get within a mile of the Presidency. Still, I'm voting for Bob Barr in real life.

So you don't want Obama within a mile of the presidency, but you will cast your vote for someone who will help him win it? Seems a bit contradictory.

I've known Obama would be our next President without a doubt, ever since he won 10 states in a row against Hillary.
But I was never as confident as I am now. I wonder if republicans will have a new found respect for minorities, now that they are one! :woot:

I am not declaring Obama's term a failure, simply stating that I believe it will be. The two are completely and utterly different.
the country is not stupid. they know Obama can't clean up the mess over night. but Obama will have the house and the senate on his side, enabling him to actually get things done.

I've known Obama would be our next President without a doubt, ever since he won 10 states in a row against Hillary.
But I was never as confident as I am now. I wonder if republicans will have a new found respect for minorities, now that they are one! :woot:

Not bloody likely.

the country is not stupid. they know Obama can't clean up the mess over night. but Obama will have the house and the senate on his side, enabling him to actually get things done.

Will that stop people from bashing him for not cleaning up the mess overnight? No. It's like I said in the beginning-no, before the beginning; it's like you just bought a house, & when you move in you find that the previous owners threw a wild-ass party & trashed everything. Now you've gotta make the place liveable.
But I do think Obama's the man for the job.

Barack Obama has to win the election first. It's very interesting to read some responses here as if Obama is already the president. :nono:

Early voting has been going on for a couple of days here in North Carolina, but I'd rather wait until election Day, something about waiting in line and discussing with neighbors excites me.

^I agree. When you consider that Pew Reseach survey that was out less than a month ago, you realize that Obama's not safe until he has in excess of a 6 percentage point lead over McCain because about 6% of the folks saying they'll vote for him are lying to the pollsters. They won't vote for him 1)because he's black, and 2) because of his name. Right now Obama is 5% ahead. It is very possible that McCain could still win the election.

They made Beverly Hills Chihuahua the #1 movie two weeks in a row, so I wouldn't be too sure about that. :cwink:

I predict Obama will win my state (NJ)...but I make no predictions about the rest. I just hope it turns out the way I want it to.

Early voting has been going on for a couple of days here in North Carolina, but I'd rather wait until election Day, something about waiting in line and discussing with neighbors excites me.

I'm the same way MOMW.

I cast my ballot this morning. I feel pretty confident that my candidate won't win, but I had to do it, anyway. After all, I had to "do my part" to stop this worst case scenario (for a conservative like me). Enjoy!

A Liberal Supermajority

Yeah, who's fault would this liberal super majority be? The GOP of course, its their own fault and tell me how small and non activist did the government will the GOP had a super majority from 2002-2006. At least the Dems are upfront about what size they want the government to be, the GOP lies and says they will reduce the size of government and goes around and does the opposite. Why should people vote for the GOP when they can't even their word on something this basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"