November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results! II

I don't know how this is going to make me sound but...I'm not really surprised.

Remember when some candidates were all like "Ewww college." It shouldn't be surprising at all.

This is kinda interesting. Neil DeGrasse Tyson posted it. Sorry if it was already posted elsewhere

A7O3Aj0CUAAIq14.png
I don't think that has changed in the past 10-15 years...especially in the South...

It should be noted that the states in red are also amongst the poorest.

It should be noted that the states in red are also amongst the poorest.

They also in general get more federal dollars in percentage to what they give then blue states, which makes the makers and takers rhetoric funny

I also have a problem with the false equivalency of having a college education makes you intelligent. We have plenty of politicians that show that is not the case.

I also have a problem with the false equivalency of having a college education makes you intelligent. We have plenty of politicians that show that is not the case.

That's true. College does not equal intelligence. Hell, the majority of college students I've met are so remarkable stupid that I fear for the future.

That's true. College does not equal intelligence. Hell, the majority of college students I've met are so remarkable stupid that I fear for the future.

ooooooooh I totally agree...

And yet it seems that the teachers at least, that I have coming through our system think they have all of the answers because they have a degree, and those that come in with a Master's degree are almost impossible to train.

I don't think that has changed in the past 10-15 years...especially in the South...

Why isn't California in the blue column? I would have figured with all the colleges they have it would have been in the top 10 at least.

Because California has one of the worst educational systems in the country.

And a good chunk of the educated have probably been fleeing the state.

I highly doubt that but nothing would shock me at this point.

Damn Dnno1 you are really searching the bottom of the barrel these days....

I very highly doubt that Karl Rove was somehow going to hack into election results and change them. He's far more obvious in his attempts to swing an election by rounding up millions upon millions of dollars from donors for super PACs.

Oh, he did hack the results...it's called watching Fox News.

:rimshot:

Because California has one of the worst educational systems in the country.

And a good chunk of the educated have probably been fleeing the state.
There's also a lot of people to fill the large surface area. :funny: And there's only so many good colleges to go around.

But it's true, the UCs are generally considered to be one of the best public uni systems in the country. Too bad it's been taken over by Asians who have the resources to move where they want afterwards. :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"