The Dark Knight Rises NOW which film is your favourite??

What The Dark Knight Rises has going for it is that it is the boldest of all three movies.

Anno just keeps cranking out them accounts!

tumblr_m8odt6MAdV1r5ljt4.gif

:woot:

Oh yes, I'm the SpiderMarvelite of the Batforums.

Sure can't accept the fact that people love TDKR, huh milost?

Poor, poor little milost :hehe:

Last edited:
Woah, Rises is holding up pretty well. Where are all these Rises lovers when it comes to actual debates?

Frankly, it's tiring TO debate over a film that people will just never enjoy, lol. I could argue 'til I'm blue in the face on why I think TDKR or even Watchmen are great films, but most of the time...posters won't even care. I've come down to that conclusion regarding many posters on these forums.

Put this poll on the front page of the SHH either now or in a few years time and the results would be more striking. In this TDKR forum it's just people who are still bothering to visit this corner of the larger forum at this point which are obviously going to include the most hardcore devotees of TDKR to shrink the gap.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

if you say so.

I honestly think a lot more people would vote for BB more than TDK, but that's just me. I know a lot of people are more "purists" who'd go on the front page and that's the film they'd vote for the most.

I have been thinking the same thing. I know Anno, and Batlobsterrises are the most vocal of TDKR supporters on the hype. I guess you can lump me into that club too. Even though TDKR is my least favorite out of the trilogy, I am starting to think that perhaps objectively; it is the second best of the three.

It gets tiring and definitely frustrating to be vocal at times. I haven't had a good debate with someone that is actually positive on their side of the argument without ending up sounding like a *****e, lol. And don't get me started on trying to speak my mind on the Spidey boards.

I definitely think there are a lot of posters that do enjoy TDKR, but they just don't want to get into debates on which film is better.

Frankly, it's tiring TO debate over a film that people will just never enjoy, lol. I could argue 'til I'm blue in the face on why I think TDKR or even Watchmen are great films, but most of the time...posters won't even care. I've come down to that conclusion regarding many posters on these forums.

It gets tiring and definitely frustrating to be vocal at times. I haven't had a good debate with someone that is actually positive on their side of the argument without ending up sounding like a *****e, lol. And don't get me started on trying to speak my mind on the Spidey boards.

I definitely think there are a lot of posters that do enjoy TDKR, but they just don't want to get into debates on which film is better.

I think you're definitely right. It does get tiring.

And I've actually gotten a lot of PMs from a bunch of various posters who said they were burnt out on debating the movie and fatigued by the tone of negativity here, but told me to "keep fightin' the good fight", etc.

What The Dark Knight Rises has going for it is that it is the boldest of all three movies.

Totally. Critics tend to only think in terms of "taking off points" for "flaws", but there's the whole other side of it where you add points for merit, strengths and yes, ambition. TDKR has strengths that BB and TDK don't have (and those films have other strengths that TDKR doesn't have). It's all about what you value in a movie.

Last edited:
I actually find the most to linger are those who want to nitpick, complain or just generally negatively dissect it. I don't get it, I know. I did not care for TASM, so I don't spend time talking about it in its forum, but it is what it is.

I still drop by her occasionally because I do still really love the Nolan Batman movies and a year out, it is all the more evident that they will stand tall as the dust of the romps fade away.

Even so, it is depressing to see it is mostly people trying to knock it down a peg every time that I come here.

And yet, I'm scanning these last couple of pages and threads in here and don't even see any major negativity. Trying to bring it down a peg?

Who are these phantom posters, where are the posts of hate? I see Anno and Batlobster, stating what they usually state. People bringing up poll results. JackWhite getting excited that this message board poll is close. In other threads I'm seeing people are starting to get nostalgic from the trailers from last year, there are posts of Aaron Eckhart with a funko toy. Where are these haters at? These nitpickers and detractors? "Fighting the good fight?" This isn't a battle or a war, you either like the damn movie or you don't. LOL

You guys that love the film are really sending each other PMs telling each other it's all okay and reassuring each other? What? I don't even. Why all the defense? What's going on here?

This isn't a battle or a war, you either like the damn movie or you don't.

Exactly.
I didn't frequent the Batman Begins or TDK boards that much after the films came out. Were there negative threads or as much arguing between posters over those films?

Put this poll on the front page of the SHH either now or in a few years time and the results would be more striking. In this TDKR forum it's just people who are still bothering to visit this corner of the larger forum at this point which are obviously going to include the most hardcore devotees of TDKR to shrink the gap.

Striking as in TDK being far ahead ? Yeah i agree.

But the order would be the same. At least that's my sensibility. I just checked..this movie already has almost 600.000 votes in imdb. That's quite a sample.

Exactly.
I didn't frequent the Batman Begins or TDK boards that much after the films came out. Were there negative threads or as much arguing between posters over those films?

Yes.

And yet, I'm scanning these last couple of pages and threads in here and don't even see any major negativity. Trying to bring it down a peg?

Who are these phantom posters, where are the posts of hate? I see Anno and Batlobster, stating what they usually state. People bringing up poll results. JackWhite getting excited that this message board poll is close. In other threads I'm seeing people are starting to get nostalgic from the trailers from last year, there are posts of Aaron Eckhart with a funko toy. Where are these haters at? These nitpickers and detractors? "Fighting the good fight?" This isn't a battle or a war, you either like the damn movie or you don't. LOL

You guys that love the film are really sending each other PMs telling each other it's all okay and reassuring each other? What? I don't even. Why all the defense? What's going on here?

And I see milost continuing to show up on here thinking everyone hates TDKR :lmao:

Where did I say this? Where? I've never even stated or insinuated such a thing Mr. "Majority/Minority".

Hell, I haven't even been in this section that often (not as much as I used to), c'mon.

You continue to believe TDKR is a "bad" movie. Even criticizing parts in TDKR where you tend to believe retcons BB when it in fact does not. Just plan ol' nitpicks you try to believe hurts a film.

You continue to believe TDKR is a "bad" movie. Even criticizing parts in TDKR where you tend to believe retcons BB when it in fact does not. Just plan ol' nitpicks you try to believe hurts a film.

I've criticized it sure, but not this week, or last week, or the week before that, or the week before that.

I just looked at my post history, just now. The only thing close was that whole "Star Wars = Nolan Batman". I haven't even been in here that much. Look at the last couple of pages of this thread and other threads. Until today, how many posts by me do you see? How many are there of me ripping TDKR?

TDKR while fun could arguably be called a bad Nolan film. Short of Insomnia it is easily Nolan's sloppiest half-assed work. Its fun if you can get past its probelms, but some people can't.

For the record, I dont think his ambition in in-camera effects are sloppy or half-assed. The man is ,and always will be a genuis in that area and he reached a new height in TDKR in terms of practical effects. I may find problems all over that film, but his effects work ain't one of those problem areas. That opening plane sequence floored me in the theater.

I've criticized it sure, but not this week, or last week, or the week before that, or the week before that.

I just looked at my post history, just now. The only thing close was that whole "Star Wars = Nolan Batman". I haven't even been in here that much. Look at the last couple of pages of this thread and other threads. Until today, how many posts by me do you see? How many are there of me ripping TDKR?

Good for you then. I'm proud that you haven't been negative of TDKR lately :up:

And don't ask me how many of your posts are about TDKR....I'm not about stalking up your post history man.

TDKR while fun could arguably be called a bad Nolan film. Short of Insomnia it is easily Nolan's sloppiest half-assed work. Its fun if you can get past its probelms, but some people can't.

For the record, I dont think his ambition in in-camera effects are sloppy or half-assed. The man is ,and always will be a genuis in that area and he reached a new height in TDKR in terms of practical effects. I may find problems all over that film, but his effects work ain't one of those problem areas. That opening plane sequence floored me in the theater.

VERY debatable. Short of Insomnia, people could easily say it's Inception that's the sloppiest and not TDKR. But, like I said, debatable. I find TDKR to be one of Nolan's best films, but The Prestige will always be his very best, imo.

You really blew that all out of proportion. Yes, several people have PM'd me over the past few months, and one poster who no longer is posting here used that phrase ...in a tongue in cheek way! It's just another way of saying they enjoyed what I had to say about the film and were glad others were standing up for it because they had gotten burnt out on it, hence why they're no longer posting here. It's nothing at all like that gross caricature you're picturing. And I'm 99% sure that PM'ing has happened on the other side of the fence too. Welcome to forum life.

It's not a war or a battle, but we're all passionate about these movies here. It'd be silly to deny that. Especially you of all people, who entered this forum with guns blazing and a real ax to grind with this movie. Not that there's anything wrong with that at all, don't get me wrong.

Last edited:
Insomnia is tepid water. The original craps all over it. It's a indie director breaking thorough studio system. I wouldn't call it bad...but its also not good.

How can a movie be called sloppy when technically is so goddamn marvelous ? At least in that area , the movie is anything but sloppy.

BB is the best. Then TDK gave us one of the greatest movie villains and another epic ending. TDKR is a hot mess.

TDKR is still close :up:

I continue to be pleased that the film gets that many votes and right under TDK when so many believe it's the worst of the trilogy.

TDKR holding up pretty damn well. Wish Fudgie was here to see this :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"