Now You See Me 2

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
A Sequel to Now You See Me Is in the Works

Jesse Eisenberg doing magic stuff.

Now You See Me is undoubtedly the surprise hit of the summer. The Jesse Eisenberg magic-heist movie has already earned $115.6 million domestically and over $230 million in total (and that's not including the major markets of China, Australia, and Japan, where the film is yet to come out). So as these things go, the studio behind the film, Lionsgate, has announced plans for a sequel. There's no word yet on who from the cast and behind the scenes will return, or if they'll title it Now You See Me Too or Now You See Me 2: Hey, I'm Over Here Now.

Excellent. Can't wait to see the charismatic Mark Zuckerberg headling another magic show heist! I wonder who the mastermind in the telegraphed "twist" ending will be this time.

Leterrier Returns For "Now You See Me 2"

By Garth Franklin Thursday August 29th 2013 08:25AM
"Now You See Me" director Louis Leterrier has confirmed that he's returning for the upcoming sequel to the heist caper hit at Lionsgate and Summit.
When it was announced that a sequel was in the works a few weeks ago, it was uncertain if the filmmaker was also slated to return. He tells Movieweb that he's not only back, but spilled some details on the challenge of doing a follow-up:
"We're actively working on the sequel to Now You See Me, so that is happening. We're writing it, and it's pretty fun. We had such a great time doing that and we loved the characters.
Our biggest problem now is that we have too many great ideas. We're sort of saying, 'What if he would do that? That would be amazing, I want to see this, I want to see that.'
We want it to be intense and as twisty as the first one, but also learn more about the characters and go deeper, what a great sequel should do. That's going to take not too long, but enough so, just like in the first one, it's perfectly crafted.
If you think about it, David Copperfield takes five years to prep, to create and prep. We just have a couple of years to do ours. David Copperfield was always saying, 'Your biggest challenge is you only have two years to do your movie, or one year to do your movie.'"

I wonder what exatly they will make this one about, hopefully they explore The Eye.

I did like the first one more than I thought I would and seeing them do some more magic would be fun.

Ironically, Leterrier directed both Hulks-- first Ed Norton and now Ruffalo.

Dont see the need for Caine or Freeman to come back. Mainly because you only need Caine because of Freeman and Freeman because of Ruffalo's character and Ruffalo (currently) isn't back. I'd rather the 4 horsemen take on something new rather than stretch on the story from the first.

Dont see the need for Caine or Freeman to come back. Mainly because you only need Caine because of Freeman and Freeman because of Ruffalo's character and Ruffalo (currently) isn't back. I'd rather the 4 horsemen take on something new rather than stretch on the story from the first.

I would think Caine's character would have a big incentive to chase after the Horsemen and Ruffalo... after they played him for a fool big time. More than once, I might add.

Ed Solomon and Pete Chiarelli wrote the sequel script, so maybe they have some fresh ideas in store.

The article says Ruffalo is back...

If Laurent isn't back, that's disappointing.

Oh yep sorry for some reason I instantly skipped over the two blue names. Okay it makes a little more sense now.

Now You See Me.....was really a cool movie. I can't help but think if real magicians who are really gifted can do a trick like that...it was way cool that I myself may believe that a person like that can exist.

Daniel Radcliffe to Appear in Now You See Me 2

Source: HeyUGuys
October 1, 2014

Harry Potter as Michael Caine's son in Now You See Me 2? It's happening! HeyUGuys tells us they got a chance to talk to Michael Caine, who dropped this surprise on them:

"There's a sequel to Now You See Me and we're shooting in London. I shoot in December, the whole of December in London, and my son is Harry Potter. I thought it'd be funny, me and Daniel Radcliffe as father and son."

Jon M. Chu is directing the sequel, which also stars Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco and Morgan Freeman. It's set for a June 10, 2016 release.

Released in 2013, Now You See Me grossed more than $350 million with the story of "The Four Horsemen," a super-team of the world's greatest illusionists who pull off a series of daring heists against corrupt business leaders during their performances, showering the stolen profits on their audiences while staying one step ahead of the law.

Fitting they'd stick Harry Potter in a movie about illusionary magic. :D

Here's our first look at the cast:

K9RU8iA.jpg

I was surprised by how much I liked the first one, so I'll definitely be seeing this. Just wondering if they'll be able to pull it off a second time.

So Fisher is pregnant and is being replaced by Lizzy Caplan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"