Obama or Hillary?

Yet, he's the 8th most conservative Senator in the Senate and has a ranking of 83% in terms of being a conservative. Just because he isn't a neo-con does not deny the fact that McCain is not a conservative and it does not make him a RINO.

He is hardly a RINO, but that doesn't change the fact that his own party does not want him in power.

Presidents are mostly figureheads. Most of Bush's policies come from right wing think tanks. And a president that unifies and inspires the public is incredibly important. Cynicism mostly to blame for today's social decay.

Say what you want, but the president does have power. Your name makes sense, you clearly are blind if you would support someone with no platform or experience.

Not by much. It's still 50-50 (minus the 2 independants).

Yep, 2008 is hardly a slam dunk for Democrats. One **** up and the Republicans are right back in.

Wow, I heard Obama's speech and Hillary's and both were very poweful and sent a cold chill down my back!

Are you sure you weren't just standing in front of an air conditioner?

No. It doesn't. He has no experience. He has no platform. Being intelligent and charasmatic is not enough for the presidency.

Experience? You're a huge Mark Warner fan and he was in power for only 4 years. :huh:

Cconn said:
Are you sure you weren't just standing in front of an air conditioner?

If he stood in front of an AC, he'd feel a cold chill down his stomach.

Both are powerful and both bring a newness to poltics. Its going to be exciting to see them go at each other.

Experience? You're a huge Mark Warner fan and he was in power for only 4 years. :huh:

In an executive position. There is a huge difference between experience in the legislature and experience in an executive position. And during these 4 years he completely turned the state of Virgina around. In Obama's time in the Senate what has he done?

In an executive position. There is a huge difference between experience in the legislature and experience in an executive position. And during these 4 years he completely turned the state of Virgina around. In Obama's time in the Senate what has he done?
You're right, he did.:woot:

Where exactly is the list that shows that?
The American Conservative Union gave John McCain an 83% out of a 100 in conservative rankings:
http://www.acuratings.org/2005all.htm#AZ

Somehow I can't find the thing that says he's the 8th most conservative Senator. I guess that might have just simply popped out of my head or something :huh:

I didn't know that you spelled it RINO.
Republican In Name Only.

John McCain does not qualfiy as one simply because he is willing to work with the opposition and disagrees with his party from time to time. McCain opposes abortion and gay marriage, he is a hawk in foreign policy, he's a firm supporter of Israel, he supports the idea of intelligent design, etc.

Who scored highest in the ranking?

If he supports all of that bull **** why don't they like him?

He is hardly a RINO, but that doesn't change the fact that his own party does not want him in power.

I dunno. He technically is a conservative which should make some of the leadership confortable. And the fact that he's a very bankable name, just like Obama and Hillary. Also, he's been kissing ass to the neo-con leadership trying to rebuild bridges.

Because the media portrays him as this ultra-moderate which is the complete opposite of what he really is.

I dunno. He technically is a conservative which should make some of the leadership confortable. And the fact that he's a very bankable name, just like Obama and Hillary.

He goes against leadership too often for his own good. As for bankable names...the way I see it is, that will just make him fall harder. That is how it always seems to turn out with these big names.

Say what you want, but the president does have power. Your name makes sense, you clearly are blind if you would support someone with no platform or experience.

No platform? He states his social and civic plans just as much as any other candidate.

No experience? FDR, one of our greatest presidents, was governor for only 4 years. Abraham Lincoln held office less than that before he became president. Bush had more previous political experience then them both and he's one of the worst presidents in history.

So maybe you shouldn't be so dismissive or insulting when you clearly lack insight yourself.

Well, I was wrong about McCain's leaning. It's hard to tell with the media.

No platform? He states his social and civic plans just as much as any other candidate.

No experience? FDR, one of our greatest presidents, was governor for only 4 years. Abraham Lincoln held office less than that before he became president. Bush had more previous political experience then them both and he's one of the worst presidents in history.

So maybe you shouldn't be so dismissive or insulting when you clearly lack insight yourself.
Being Governor is a lot different than being a Senator.

Far from it. I'm not saying he's great, but there were a handful of presidents who were a LOT worse than Bush. Grant, Harding, and Buchanan are a few that come to mind.

George Allen, Sam Brownback, Conrad Burns, Tom Colburn, Mick Crapo, John Ensign, James Inhofe, Johnny Isakson, Jon Kyl, Mel Martinez, Mitch McConnell, and Jeff Sessions scored a 100%. Apparently the number of McCain being the 8th most conservative senator just popped in my head somehow :huh:

McCain is not a neo-con, he's simply a conservative. He's is a firm supporter of enviromental protection, supports stem cell research even though he opposes abortion, supported campaign finance reform and fiscal responsibility. McCain opposed the Bush Administrations tax cuts and excessive pork spending. He is also willing to work with the opposition.

Sam Brownback is psycho, I'll get out to vote just to keep out of office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"