Of the 4 listed...

I must admit, Spidey's black suit is much better than any of the others.

I love all 4 costumes, but i'll give it to Cap since he's my fave of those four, plus his costume is the last word in patriotic costumes.

I have a hard time arguing with people who say that the Earth-One Atom and Kid Flash have the two best costumes of all time, though.

And almost any Dave Cockrum costume is incredible.

Kid Flash? Really? His costume was always one of the worst eyesores in comics to me. The Atom's costume was good, though.

I liked Cap's costume more before people started drawing his chainmail tunic as an oversized mail sweater with individual links the size of my head jutting every which way.

XwolverineX said:
Spidey's suit is really nothin' special. If it wasn't Spidey behind the suit, ya'll would be votin' fer him. You know it.

gun2.gif
Take that you ignorant fanboy's.

moonknightpreview4.jpg

black_panther.jpg

That's what awesome is. :up::up:
You're an idiot. Spider-man's original costume is a brilliant design and only improves the character. Heroes like Wolverine, Superman, Wonder Woman, Kid Flash, Thing, She-Hulk, Atom and Scarlet Witch are great characters inspite of their costumes.

How does Spidey's costume actually improve his character? The only thing I can think of is giving him one more thing to make jokes about.

On the other hand, if Superman hadn't done it first, we may have all been bereft of the wonder that is outside-undies.

Wonder Woman's costume really is pretty stupid, though. I never understood why they didn't just put her in the Roman-style armor she often uses full-time. I guess it's because her costume's iconic after this much time, but that's one icon I could stand to lose.

ampersand said:
How does Spidey's costume actually improve his character? The only thing I can think of is giving him one more thing to make jokes about.
Because looking cool can only help in the world of spandex and underware on the outside that is comics?:confused:

jaydawg said:
You're an idiot. Spider-man's original costume is a brilliant design and only improves the character. Heroes like Wolverine, Superman, Wonder Woman, Kid Flash, Thing, She-Hulk, Atom and Scarlet Witch are great characters inspite of their costumes.

The fact that Spider-man has has two newer costumes which were both better then his original pretty sums it up.

Stating opinion as fact, when neither of the suits he's taken up-especially the sidekick eyesore-are better than his original.

Youre all wrong, Havok's Mutant X costume is by far the best.

Chris Wallace said:
He's not on the list.

Ok? I was reponding to the claim Kid Flash of all people had the best costume in comics.

TheCorpulent1 said:
On the other hand, if Superman hadn't done it first, we may have all been bereft of the wonder that is outside-undies.

Wonder Woman's costume really is pretty stupid, though. I never understood why they didn't just put her in the Roman-style armor she often uses full-time. I guess it's because her costume's iconic after this much time, but that's one icon I could stand to lose.
I agree that Supes gave birth to a bad trend-I HATE the shorts-over-the tights thing & would like to see it abolished across the board.
As for WW, it never made sense to me that she's not American-not even an American citizen-but wears the colors & symbols of American patriotism. My wife says it's so the U.S. would accept her, which I guess I can buy, but I'm still not big on it.
Truth be told. I can't think of too many DC costumes I am all that fond of.

besides Spider-Man and maybe Daredevil, Marvel costumes suck :(

I don't like DD's costume & here's why;
the mask, w/the horns & red eyes-suggest he's a devil or demon. So that's a menacing look. The rest, especially w/the shorts, looks like a circus acrobat. Either fits the name, but it's a clash of motifs.

ok then, besides Spider-Man, Marvel costumes suck :)

XwolverineX said:
The fact that Spider-man has has two newer costumes which were both better then his original pretty sums it up.

You know I agree with the sentiment here but this is ALL opinion based, it's all fan speculation, so this type of 'it's a fact 'cause I said so' type of thing just stirs up more crap.

Personally, I think that of Spidey's costumes, the Symbiote & the Iron Spidey look better, it's just my view on the subject.

That's better, even though I still disagree. And since he returned to his original after the symviote had run its course, & will most likely do so again after "Civil War", I'm clearly not alone.

Lackey said:
yeah, it's about the overall visual appearance and anyone who didn't know the character and saw the costume would still think Batman

Batman wit da bling bling :)
I doubt it. Take away the ears, & there are no major similarities. As you can see in my avatar, he has a different style mask, no symbol on the chest, no utility belt, gloves & boots don't stand out-and he doesn't always wear the cape.
I think it begins & ends w/the ears. Well, that & the fact that the suit is black.

The reason why I chose these 4 is because they are my favorites. I love the design & use of color. I think that the suits are very distinctive, to the point where if you were illiterate & had never read a comic, you could still pick these 4 guys out of a lineup, based on their names. I just love the way they're designed & the fact that they've stood the test of time.

Elijya said:
tough call between those. Although I disagree that Spider-Man has the perfect costume as most people seem to think

So who has the best costume, your majesty?

Even Wizard voted Spidey as having the best costume ever a few years ago.
for whatever Wizard magazine's opinion is worth...:rolleyes:

:)

Themanofbat said:
So who has the best costume, your majesty?

Even Wizard voted Spidey as having the best costume ever a few years ago.
for whatever Wizard magazine's opinion is worth...:rolleyes:

:)

Ha-ha, ahhh Wizard....

By Black Panther, I assume you mean T'Challa. So... yeah, T'Challa's costume owns.

also, I like Wizard, typos/misinformation and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"