Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame General Discussion Thread!

Just tell me Anthony Mackie will continue in the MCU

same for Don Cheadle.

I wouldn't miss Mackie.. Damn good actor for sure... but I'm team Cheadle. Really hope we get more of him and his sarcasm.

An Avengers: Endgame tribute focusing on the inevitable villain:

Epic for a superhero movie? Sure. Being able to pass any scrutiny? Not really.

1. Despite all the Avengers efforts, the gauntlet never gets further than about 50 feet from Thanos who doesn't seem to move much.
2. If you want to make the earth suffer, wouldn't choosing to "rain fire" from your ship make more sense?
3. Thor, IM and CA teamups against Thanos are wholly ineffective.
4. Pepper showing up in her suit is a "groan" moment.
5. CM could fly the gauntlet 2 galaxies away and a spaceship-less Thanos could do nothing about it.
6. Why does CM pause so long letting Thanos whack her with the power stone?
7. Why does Thanos' blade beat CM to the van when he's 150 feet away and she's 20 feet away?
8. Why do none of the newer heroes team up to take on Thanos at the same time?
9. SW or Mantis mental whammy powers would have been a good line of attack.
10. Why wouldn't super genius Tony Stark up his repulsor capabilities to something powerful enough to kill Thanos after facing him previously?

Most of these are silly nitpicks. The kind where if that had been done in the film you wouldn't have had much of a battle. It would have been over in no time. Far too many people don't realize this it seems.

Also, #4. I don't see why that was a groan moment unless a person is a fan of that no female edit.

Last edited:
I wish they’d release this on video with the full imax ratio. I was watching a fan made trailer that somehow acquired imax footage from IW and Endgame and man it looks glorious— especially the big money shots.

James Cameron is Glad That Avengers: Endgame Beat Avatar's Record

“It gives me a lot of hope,” said Cameron. “Avengers: Endgame is demonstrable proof that people will still go to movie theaters. The thing that scared me most about making Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 was that the market might have shifted so much that it simply was no longer possible to get people that excited about going and sitting in a dark room with a bunch of strangers to watch something.”

Most of these are silly nitpicks. The kind where if that had been done in the film you wouldn't have had much of a battle. It would have been over in no time. Far too many people don't realize this it seems.

Also, #4. I don't see why that was a groan moment unless a person is a fan of that no female edit.

AND they heavily alluded to it with Morgan wearing the helmet earlier and that "You mom never wears anything I get her" comment. They all but telegraphed it, right there!

It's amazing watching people now trying to tear this film apart. Is it flawless? Nope. Is it epic? YES. On every level.

People love to complain...

Seriously? Why am I surprised some little incel f***** would make a no female edit...

And yeah, most of those questions are very nitpicky
the "Why did CM pause so long letting Thanos punch her" thing...
Like, have you ever seen any episode of any anime ever? The whole series of DBZ would be like 10 minutes long if it wasn't for people's ridiculous pauses. So to answer that one, it's two things. 1) Carol was shocked by the move, and 2.) for dramatic effect

in terms of "pop" moments from the audience based on the Youtube/personal reaction experience.

Spider-Man gets the biggest pop but people were cheering when Pepper showed up.

I wish they’d release this on video with the full imax ratio. I was watching a fan made trailer that somehow acquired imax footage from IW and Endgame and man it looks glorious— especially the big money shots.

I'm quite annoyed Disney isn't bothering to do that for some of their MCU films. WB did it with the release of TDK and I believe TDKR as well.

I'm quite annoyed Disney isn't bothering to do that for some of their MCU films. WB did it with the release of TDK and I believe TDKR as well.

Yup, TDKR especially looks BEAUTIFUL and epic on blu ray in crisp HD during the IMAX scenes. I dont understand what the problem is.

That shot of Cap staring down Thanos' forces was otherworldly in IMAX. I was pretty disappointed that wasn't on the 4k blu-ray.

Here's an amazing tribute to Earth's Mightiest Heroes : The Avengers!

So after watching endgame first time out of the theaters I do have a question....

Did Bucky know Cap would stay in the past? How they said there goodbyes “Don’t do anything stupid when I’m gone” line, Cap in real time is only gone 5 secs. Bucky didn’t look to surprised he stayed and than urged Sam to go see old Cap giving the impression he knew Steve wanted Sam to take the mantle.

Seriously? Why am I surprised some little incel f***** would make a no female edit...

And yeah, most of those questions are very nitpicky
the "Why did CM pause so long letting Thanos punch her" thing...
Like, have you ever seen any episode of any anime ever? The whole series of DBZ would be like 10 minutes long if it wasn't for people's ridiculous pauses. So to answer that one, it's two things. 1) Carol was shocked by the move, and 2.) for dramatic effect

DBZ would only be 10 seconds long if everyone quit pausing, charging up, and "waiting for Goku"! (Not hatin', just statin')

Everyone is so shocked by Carol waiting for Thanos to punch her...which hand would they have liked her to use to hit him with?! She's holding back a guy who whooped the Marvel Trinity WITHOUT the gauntlet, and now he HAS the gauntlet, and it was probably all she could do to hold him back while her body attempted to absorb the energy of the gauntlet itself! Sheesh!

Also...yeah....dramatic effect like crazy.

So after watching endgame first time out of the theaters I do have a question....

Did Bucky know Cap would stay in the past? How they said there goodbyes “Don’t do anything stupid when I’m gone” line, Cap in real time is only gone 5 secs. Bucky didn’t look to surprised he stayed and than urged Sam to go see old Cap giving the impression he knew Steve wanted Sam to take the mantle.

I thought the same thing. It looked pretty obvious in retrospect that Bucky knew Steve's intentions. Dude only really wanted ONE thing for himself for a hundred years. He's lost his parents, his best friend (twice), his new best friend (Sam), his new family (the Avengers), and he was able to restore most of that, and save the universe. Bucky probably told Steve as an aside, "Just go be happy as Steve...just once".

Reactions: KBX
Yep! I’m convinced now during the Falcon/Winter Soldier tv show Bucky will bring it up.

One man's silly nitpicks are another man's logical flaws.

Seeing Pepper appear in a battle scene just didn't click with me. Maybe because I can't separate how I think about Paltrow from the character any more.

One man's silly nitpicks are another man's logical flaws.

Seeing Pepper appear in a battle scene just didn't click with me. Maybe because I can't separate how I think about Paltrow from the character any more.

In my experience, more often than not nitpicks are not "logical" flaws. That's why they are called nitpicks.

In my experience, more often than not nitpicks are not "logical" flaws. That's why they are called nitpicks.

Don't worry, we're not far removed from a future where we get a million "Avengers Endgame was overrated" posts. People will do to EG what was done to Avatar by me and other people, and it will be torn apart with no respect for what made it special in the first place.

Avengers Assemble!
Here it is ladies & Gentlemen The Infinity Saga in all its Majesty. It is scheduled for release November 15th for a whopping $549.99. The set will include a treasure troove of goodies of brand new featurettes, deleted scenes all 23 Marvel Cinematic Universe movies on 4K UHD and Blu-ray, a signed letter from Kevin Feige, a Matt Ferguson lithograph, exclusive packaging signed by Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, and Jeremy Renner, and a bonus disc.

I'm sure the hardest of hardcore collectors will open their wallets for this like they probably did with the Avengers steelbook boxset, but I can't do that. In particular because if I buy a movie, I want it to be one that I'll rewatch and there are a number of MCU films I don't see myself going back to- not to mention already owning steelbook versions of some of these films. But for those who have the deep pockets and want to dip into this, all the power to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"