• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bummed First Wave #6 got pushed back to the first week of March. It shouldn't come as a surprise anymore, but still. And I'm not even sure what the delays are for. At first I thought it was because of Rags Morales taking his sweet ass time drawing it, but then it looked like DC was trying to turn it into a bi-monthly book which wound up mucking everything up.

Batman: Europa was also pushed back to the end of this month and that's got something to do with Jim Lee painting the first issue. I really like Azzarello's take on Batman, so this should be awesome. And if anything, and it kind of pains me to say this, atleast it'll look gorgeous, what with the entire series being a painted one, illustrated by 4 great artists(except Lee. He's apparently painting over a bunch of layouts done by someone else).

Batman: Europa was also pushed back to the end of this month and that's got something to do with Jim Lee painting the first issue. I really like Azzarello's take on Batman, so this should be awesome. And if anything, and it kind of pains me to say this, atleast it'll look gorgeous, what with the entire series being a painted one, illustrated by 4 great artists(except Lee. He's apparently painting over a bunch of layouts done by someone else).

Painted?! Thats pretty cool to hear, but then its a shame Jim Lee took a bite at this instead of letting someone like Dustin Nguyen join the project, whos an excelent painter. I guess Lee just wanted to try something new and fun for him.

I have been iffy on the Batgirl comics for a long time. Mostly because I never really, from an outside pov, understood what exacly "the batgirl concept" was. I picked up Casssandras first issues a few years ago since it sounded cool but was really let down. Then after hearing the praise for the current Batgirl's #17 I picked that one up and loved it. So yesterday I bought the first arc of it and DAMN HAHAHA! What energy! Its like you get a huge smile while reading it and its just so innocent superhappyfuntime :) Also, for some reason, i get a Grant Morrison first issues of Batman & Robin-energy feeling. Its not as macabre as those issues but the colorfulness and entertainiment value is almost exactly on the same level.

My reaction to Batgirl's new series is pretty much the exact opposite of that.

Painted?! Thats pretty cool to hear, but then its a shame Jim Lee took a bite at this instead of letting someone like Dustin Nguyen join the project, whos an excelent painter. I guess Lee just wanted to try something new and fun for him.

Yea. I actually don't like Jim Lee very much, but I much prefer his art when it's painted and not digitally colored. His digital stuff looks flashy. The painted stuff has more atmosphere. There's some pictures drawn by Lee and painted by Alex Ross which are pretty cool.

But i agree: Dustin Nguyen would have been way better than Jim Lee.

I miss Cass as Batgirl, too..........

what are the chances you think she will reclaim the Batgirl title? lol

There are lots of Batmen now all over the world

There can be two Batgirl's :up:

Steph is in England now Cass can be Batgirl in America

Batman and Robin #20 Preview

fe3153.jpg

Don't think I will buy the new Batman and Robin issue the plot and the villain do not sound very interesting to me

Detective comics was great, this is the first issue i've really liked on Scott Snyder's run, i'd say it was really great infact. It's good stuff, i don't see the praise it's deserving, but i totally dig the character-driven story and the surroundings, this is essantually "Batman" monthly title with detective flavour instead of flatout action and explosions. The villain here was just wonderful at the end when he goes all Man-Bat on Dick, and i liked how Snyder used Daniel's Bat-glider costume.

I'm very excited for the new team on Batman and Robin.

I never read Emerald Allies so I'm still on a Tomasi/Gleason high.

Detective comics was great, this is the first issue i've really liked on Scott Snyder's run, i'd say it was really great infact. It's good stuff, i don't see the praise it's deserving, but i totally dig the character-driven story and the surroundings, this is essantually "Batman" monthly title with detective flavour instead of flatout action and explosions. The villain here was just wonderful at the end when he goes all Man-Bat on Dick, and i liked how Snyder used Daniel's Bat-glider costume.

It was okay nothing that fab

Better than I thought it would be :up:

Last edited:
I gotta say tha the last issue of Detective was underwhelming. Nothing special at all, a stupid monster and an ending that hints that things are going to get darker. Meh...

I do hope we get a good B&R run because so far i havent found a bat-book that i love. Even Inc hasnt been that great for me either.

I read on wiki that Tim gave Cass her old costume when he saw her in Hong Kong in Red Robin #17?

My ranking of the current batbooks:

1. Batman Inc.
2. Snyder's Detective comics
3. Finch's the Dark Knight
4. Streets of Gotham (When Dini is writing)
5. Batman
6. Batgirl
7. Batman Beyond
8. Birds of Prey
9. Red Robin
10. Azrael
11. Cornell's Batman and Robin
12. Superman/Batman
13. Gotham City Sirens (no dini)
14. Batman Confidential
15. Batman Odyssey

has there been more than 1 issue of the dark knight yet?

well issue one is not top 5 material IMO

well with the crap that came out in the past few months, it actually might be, never mind

I love them all except the titles past 10. Hate those.

The dark knight will almost assuredly move up or down once a few more issues are released, but for now, it has me really curious as to where the story's going. Bruce's little friend gives me the creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"