Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - - - - Part 16

I like that it has some colour, but I don't care for the cape attachment. The dome-shaped cowl is an interesting change, but I wouldn't want every artist to draw it that way since it takes away the expressiveness of the cowl.

To be honest, though, this suit will probably be gone come July.

At first glance i liked it,. but after looking at it more i love/hate it. I hate the purple in the cape,. and the yellow on the belt seems alittle odd. However int he epilogue the belt was completely yellow,. im curious how other artists will be depicting this new suit on other titles.

Yeah Paquette ignored the dome look as well in his part of #50.

I like that Capullo ditched some of the piping from Lee's design, but I don't like the purple cape lining at all. The yellow on the bat and belt I could get used to. The cape being attached to his shoulders is odd.

Now Didio wants to pinpoint Joker's identity.

I hate him, and everything he's done at DC.

I'm very much looking forward to the 3 new Batman titles, especially Detective Comics! The new suit is fine by me.

Now Didio wants to pinpoint Joker's identity.

I hate him, and everything he's done at DC.

Saw that and laughed so hard.
This is exactly the stuff why the reboot failed.
Dc and the writers forget that they are NOT the ones who make the canon...its the fans that tell what is canon and what not.

And didio is not strong enough in terms of writing to pinpoint the joker in any kind of way.
Not even the best writer can do this at that point.

If 'Rebirth' is going to do away with some of the bad characterizations Snyder has brought in the last few years, I'm all for it. I really enjoyed (mostly) the Court of Owls story, but everything started to go downhill with 'Zero Year'.

I really didn't like his take on Jim Gordon. He always seemed 'off', and then when he went and turned him into Batman it was clear he had no concept of the Jim Gordon character. (Plus, doing a 'someone else is Batman' story so recent to them doing 'Dick Grayson is Batman' story was annoying).

I mean, I'm not happy to hear they are going to try and do ANOTHER Joker origin story, but this one, like the others, will probably be retconned out of existence within months of it being clear that it is the failure it is destined to be.

Interesting views from one of the All Star artists...

https://twitter.com/Sean_G_Murphy/status/716117982552965121
Sean Gordon Murphy
‏@Sean_G_Murphy

The 4 BATMANS: I feel there's basically 4 ways artists handle Batman. It's usually a mix of these...
1. Classic: tights, clearly rendered, not too hidden by shadows, detail in muscles. Often used for merchandise.

CfAqT0EVIAEMgdU.jpg
2. Phantom: figure distorted and blended into cape/shadows/city. Unusual shapes not found in nature. Nightmare.

CfAqyUGVIAEZZkC.jpg
3. Swat: movie/video game inspired. Detail based on realistic armor. Realistic brawler. Most violent.

CfArbVzVIAAbxj4.jpg
4. Cartoon: streamlined for ease of animation. Detail based on shape, color, and movement. Slick.

CfArxsKUsAAj4jd.jpg
My Batman will be mostly a phantom with some brawler mixed in. Which fits my ink style.

I've liked the uniform a couple of times, but it really seems to depend on the artist for me. I liked it a lot here, for instance. I don't like how Capullo draws it.

I've liked the uniform a couple of times, but it really seems to depend on the artist for me. I liked it a lot here, for instance. I don't like how Capullo draws it.

I dont really like the purple...

Snyder and Capullo's final issue... :waa:

I realized something while reading this issue: snyder and Capullo are FINALLY of batman! I'm so glad! This issue was as boring as most of snyder's work.

DKIII continues to be amazing. And the mini comic was much better with Miller's art than if Jim Lee had done it.

yeah, issue 4 was incredible. Although they keep making Kal a tool. It's consistent with his DK characterization.

Snyder and Capullo's final issue... :waa:

I really liked the issue, it was a nice "goodbye" issue.
Having it be a bit calmer and without too much action, was a cool idea.

It also gives the new writer a good base to make his own mark on batman.
There are some nice panels in there that really look spectacular and show a perfect picture of Gotham city.

I realized something while reading this issue: snyder and Capullo are FINALLY of batman! I'm so glad! This issue was as boring as most of snyder's work.

How did you stick with a book you find boring and celebrate the end of for over 50 issues? That's like 150 bucks at least.

How did you stick with a book you find boring and celebrate the end of for over 50 issues? That's like 150 bucks at least.

In france, we have each month a book that includes: batman/tec/robin/grayson/batgirl for less than 6 bucks. So I read everything.

I loved Snyder's run but am eager to see someone else take the reigns of the flagship title.

That said... WILL Batman still be his flagship title or will it stick with Snyder over in All-Star?

That was a solid last issue, definitely good close to a 5 year run. The next writer on Batman has big shoes to fill....

I loved Snyder's run but am eager to see someone else take the reigns of the flagship title.

That said... WILL Batman still be his flagship title or will it stick with Snyder over in All-Star?

I think Batman will be the main title. But isn't All-Star more villain focused?

I think I'm in the minority in that I didn't really like Snyder's run much, aside from Court of Owls and Zero Year. I did however loved Batman Eternal, and Batman and Robin Eternal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"