Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I read that the conclusion to Morrison's run is issue 8... and now I'm reading that he's still on come issue 11. So when exactly is his run concluding?! Is it actually 12 like I originally thought?

Okay, I read that the conclusion to Morrison's run is issue 8... and now I'm reading that he's still on come issue 11. So when exactly is his run concluding?! Is it actually 12 like I originally thought?

Yeah, 12.

So, after this is the title going to continue under a new writer?

Wasn't there talk that Burnham himself was going to start writing it after Morrison?

But, what ever Morrison does to the Family...

Won't that absolve the whole Inc idea for Bruce and end up killing/ending the book?

Yeah, you would think so.

Maybe after issue 8/9 when M doesn't kill Damien and someone else (hopefully), Bruce cuts his ties with Inc but Batwing and the rest around the world keep trekking on and the comic deals with them, with little to no BW?

I've considered that. Inc continues focusing on the League of Heroes and others like them. I wouldn't buy it but I could see it going that route.

I've considered that. Inc continues focusing on the League of Heroes and others like them. I wouldn't buy it but I could see it going that route.
It's possible, but it would probably be cancelled soon after

Dang... I just read over that. I picked up on most of it so I agree, though I don't want it to happen.

And I had another thought following Damian's potential death. Squire just lost her Knight and she's agonizing over it. If Bruce loses Damian, could he be replaced in the end with Squire as a new Robin... taking Damian's place in the Batman & Robin title by Tomasi?

It'd be a major downgrade in my eyes, but it's possible.

To me, the only acceptable replacement when (if) Damian dies is Tim. Stop that Red Robin ********.

^ This. Let Tim be Robin again and have the B & R title become "his" book.

Then again, DC might do something awful like have Harper whatsherface be Robin.

If anyone is going to replace Damian as Robin it will most likely be Harper. I had previously assumed she'd replace Alfred or help him out as a groundskeeper/tech guru but I'm not so certain now.

I'm just not happy with the current state of being Robin. Turning it into the "internship" program, and having all of the Robins be Robin with a 5-year period of time makes each Robin less special.

Seems like Batman is willing to let anybody be Robin—even this Harper girl. It makes more sense for her to be the new Harold than to be a Robin.

I'm just not happy with the current state of being Robin. Turning it into the "internship" program, and having all of the Robins be Robin with a 5-year period of time makes each Robin less special.
Hasn't that been true for years now, though? At least since Stephanie Brown was Robin. Heck, you could even argue the majesty of it was kind of lost when Tim was created.

The difference is that Tim made himself Robin. He gave Robin a purpose—the light to Batman's constant angsty grimdark. Before then, Robins were basically pity cases brought on my Batman.

Tim was so awesome from 1990 to 2000. Then after NML the de-age him and make his book a CW show. Then ruined him even more in Identity Crises...

He made a comeback in post OYL, but then new 52 pooped on that and deleted his history.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Tim's post-NML book was the best is had ever been. When Dixon was writing and Pete Wood was drawing. And they never de-aged him.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Tim's post-NML book was the best is had ever been. When Dixon was writing and Pete Wood was drawing. And they never de-aged him.

Uh I said it was awesome, when Dixon wrote (1993-). He was 12 in ALPOD, ~14 in Knightfall, ~16 in Prodigal/Contagion/Legacy, should have Ben graduating around NML.

But once NML ended he slowly started to de-age and was "starting high school" again and started chasing Steph's tail and was blah. It started become the Smallville of comics, then IC hurt him and made him an ******* after his dad died and then made him a bigger ass when Steph got "axed" in War Games/Crimes.

Post OYL re regained some credibility but diet get strong enough with lack of solid main title writers. He did become pretty awesome as Red Robin and fighting crime around the globe, but needed to shortly...

Then this whole new 52 pooped on him more by erasing all of the good, the bad, and ugly of anything he's done as a Robin. He's been dicked around way too much by DC when he was so awesome from ~1992 to 2000. Dixon was probably the last great writer for him while he popped into Nightwimg once and awhile or or the post NML Batman title.

Last edited:
I don't care for Tim Drake, but that person no longer exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"