• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman and Robin used to be #1, Cornell ****ed it up. Having that be the first thing i read from his, I'm ready to tell you Action Comic lovers to go eff yourselves :o

I'm trade-waiting for cornell's action comics. It's taking long enough.

Cornell's Action Comics is :awesome: sauce he wrote a fab Joker in the new issue this week :up:

Batman and Robin used to be #1, Cornell ****ed it up. Having that be the first thing i read from his, I'm ready to tell you Action Comic lovers to go eff yourselves :o

Coming for you, that just makes my love of Action Comics even stronger

Everyone should love Action Comics with all their love

It has fab villains the bestest version of Lex Luthor and :awesome: writing

The Death of the Endless issue is my favourite :atp:

It's much better that he "ruined" Batman and Robin instead of Peter J Tomasi who *is* the real actual replacement to Morrison do a rushed job along with the artist. The whole purpose of the 3 issue arc by Cornell was to buy time for Tomasi.

It was kind of neat but was just filler and felt like filler :csad:

It posed an interesting question regarding expendable Batman and a Robin who was willing to sacrifise his whole life for the mission, but you can't really say the villain is worth anything unless she makes a comeback. Fans will greatly love to see Batman and Robin under his pen aslong as it's not just filler for the sake of another writer. Still i'd say what he did was much better than having us ***** and cry about Peter J Tomasi, since he is *going* to be handling the title for a good while AND Morrison himself asked him to continue the title.

Like the rest of this arc I really enjoyed this issue. What I liked about it the most is the way it set up Dick's Batman and his struggle in Gotham. Dick Grayson is a far cry from Bruce's Batman who can fit in Gotham like a glove. This isn't a battle between Dick and some mess-up old man this is the new Batman versus old Gotham.

It's all of that old money corruption and greed filter through the glass of Mirror House and that is what the Dealer represents. It is Gotham in a microcosm and purest form, a bunch of crazy, hyper corrupted rich people armed with some crazy gadgets. Dick even gets his brooding trophy to keep in a glass case, a certain crowbar but instead of hanging it on the wall he just tosses it in the river or actually gets his poor butler to do it. Still second best Bat book for me but still a fantastic read. I wonder if we'll see Jason popped back up again.

Just finished Bruce Wayne fugitive volume 2 and started #3. This is the batman i miss. the writing is excellent and it was a true detective story. I also love how Batman is slapping checkmate around like his *****. As much as I love Morrison's Batman and Robin, i have to say compared to Rucka and Burbacker(sp?) he's too predictable.

you don't even like mainstream comics so...yea you're just echoing what you heard corp say. :whatever:

Yeah, I definitely don't like mainstream comics, hence why my pull list is about 75% mainstream comics

every time i post about any comics you say you don't read it, how can you know if anything sucks if you don't read it?

stop being a parrot.

every time i post about any comics you say you don't read it, how can you know if anything sucks if you don't read it?

stop being a parrot.

What does that have to do with anything in the context of what we're talking about? I wasn't even saying anything sucked to begin with. Are you just trying to make no sense at all now :confused:

Well, if that line said anything about anything specific you read sucking, you may have a fine point there

I love Red Robin but this last issue had me a little bored. My comic book store was sold out of Finch's Dark Knight :( so I still haven't read that.

You could probably ask your LCS guy to special order it for me, or there might be a second printing since it sold so well.

Just finished Bruce Wayne fugitive volume 2 and started #3. This is the batman i miss. the writing is excellent and it was a true detective story. I also love how Batman is slapping checkmate around like his *****. As much as I love Morrison's Batman and Robin, i have to say compared to Rucka and Burbacker(sp?) he's too predictable.

It's been a while since I read it (like 10 years) but as I recall, I remember getting like half way through volume three and wondering how the f*** it related to the first two volumes. I fear you're in for a disappointment when you compare it to the first two.

Also, you're wrong. Morrison's work is better. Suck it!

his batman RIP sucked balls. Final Crisis and Batman and Robin was good. Also hated all of the stories leading up to batman RIP. it's not my batman.

his batman RIP sucked balls. Final Crisis and Batman and Robin was good. Also hated all of the stories leading up to batman RIP. it's not my batman.

2d7f2ua.png

I love Red Robin but this last issue had me a little bored. My comic book store was sold out of Finch's Dark Knight :( so I still haven't read that.

The new issue of his comic book was a bit blah :down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back