Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Jason actually, before he went all bats**t crazy, no pun intended, when he was kind of an antihero like in the pic above, but now theres no goin back. And my favorite characters from Sandman were Dream, Destruction, Matthew, and Fiddler's Green

I liked Jason actually, before he went all bats**t crazy, no pun intended, when he was kind of an antihero like in the pic above, but now theres no goin back. And my favorite characters from Sandman were Dream, Destruction, Matthew, and Fiddler's Green

I give both these sentences an :up:

Inc #8 looks cool. With all the different environments and characters that it takes place in it really does feel like a continuation of Brave and the Bold.

Detective Comics is looking solid, and I'm looking forward to reading Gates of Gotham.

Why is Tony Daniel still on the Batman book? Go away man, nobody likes you!

Not thrilled about Judd Winnick coming aboard B&R but I like this version of Jason Todd and I want to see more so...eh.

And I normally don't pick up Batgirl but with Squire making an appearance, I just may. It looks like fun.

Yep I dig Judd Winnick

His Green Arrow sucked but i :hrt: his Outsiders and Exiles comic books

His Green Arrow and Outsiders started off quite well. The problem is that he was on those books for far too long and once he started to grow stale, he just wouldn't leave. But I've been finding his more recent stuff, having freaky sex with Talia aside, to be quite enjoyable.

of course she loved his Outsiders. I could have told you that before she did. His Green Arrow was pretty good. Not as good as Meltzer's or Kevin Smith's but 3rd place aint bad.

I really hope that she isn't referring to Outsiders post-OYL because that's when Winick started to suck on that book.

There were Lesbians on the team dude, what do you think.

Inc #8 looks cool. With all the different environments and characters that it takes place in it really does feel like a continuation of Brave and the Bold.

Detective Comics is looking solid, and I'm looking forward to reading Gates of Gotham.

Why is Tony Daniel still on the Batman book? Go away man, nobody likes you!

Not thrilled about Judd Winnick coming aboard B&R but I like this version of Jason Todd and I want to see more so...eh.

And I normally don't pick up Batgirl but with Squire making an appearance, I just may. It looks like fun.
Daniel's book comes about 8th in sales every month. Can you believe it? People in the DC boards talk about it like its some sort of solid book when its utter crap. One of them said "I really like how Daniel continues plot threads from the Long Halloween". Yeah because Daniel cant write to save his life and is just borrowing elements from the most overrated batman book of all time which for some reason is considered classic, therefore his book must be good too! :doh:

I hope Judd Winnick does something cool with Jason but it feels more like he's saying "you guys ****ed up my character and now i gotta come and mop up all the mess you made".

I'm mostly excited about Inc, Batgirl and B&R. I still havent made up my mind about Detective.

Last edited:
I mean how any LGBT character is fun on a bun to mysti and quality never matters

i don't mean it in a negative way but she's so predictable.

Oh go and marry the twit if you have such strong feelings about him, you'd make the perfect couple :awesome:

BATMAN SOLICITS FOR JUNE

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/03/14/batman-solicits-for-june-2/

Mysti, you might wanna check out Birds of Prey. Renee is going to make an appearence. Also, Batgirl #22 sounds AMAZING. Batgirl and Squire? Buy twice!

Neat I will definitely buy that issue :up: Renee is my second favourite DC character it would be fab if she joined the Birds of Prey permanently

The lack of Batwoman on these solicits makes me :csad: I guess her series really is being delayed until the fall. But better late than never

Batman Inc looks neat and I loves that cover :up:

Last edited:
I really hope that she isn't referring to Outsiders post-OYL because that's when Winick started to suck on that book.

I loved Outsiders OYL with so much love

Thought that Winnick's entire run on Outsiders was neat

You mean when Winick started to become a parody of himself.

I dug Thunder and Grace together I thought they were a cute couple

Glad Winnick got them together :up:

Oh go and marry the twit if you have such strong feelings about him, you'd make the perfect couple :awesome:

I don't wanna steal him from you and your cravings for delicious hate mouth-to-mouth sex relationship. :fhm:

True that!:awesome:

I only have the first two collections of Sandman, I haven't read em for years, but I thought they were ok, I'll give them another read though, but maybe I am missing better stuff in the succeeding comics.
TDKR is amazing, I don't know how you can compare them though, one is a mini-series that is consistent in art and writing, just the one story, whereas Sandman is a bunch of unrelated short stories, done by a a random selection of artists, some good artists, some not so good.
Of course, any chance to slag off TDKR is always welcome, no matter how outlandish the insults are.

I don't wanna steal him from you and your cravings for delicious hate mouth-to-mouth sex relationship. :fhm:

You sound like the desperate, jealous, vengeful type, in other words, I don't think you believe that at all.

I loved Outsiders OYL with so much love

Thought that Winnick's entire run on Outsiders was neat
Outsiders pre-OYL was awesome. But Outsiders OYL was boring, with terrible writing, terrible characterization, and was overall just simply stupid. Way to totally unnecessarily angst up Dick Grayson, and get rid of Shift, and undo Black Lightning's murder of someone you can argue deserved it, and make Thunder and Grace gay for each other out of nowhere, and screw up what could have been a great concept for the team.

I dug Thunder and Grace together I thought they were a cute couple

Glad Winnick got them together :up:
I wouldn't have minded if it simply didn't happen completely out of nowhere. Any proper romance, whether gay or straight, needs build up and everything before OYL pointed to Grace being pretty damn heterosexual and nothing at all pointed to Thunder being gay. It was at this point that Winick became a parody of himself, seeming as if all he could write about was gays and AIDS.

Glad that Winick has gotten out of that phase and is now writing good comics again like Power Girl, Justice League: Generation Lost, Red Hood: The Lost Days, Batman, etc.

You sound like the desperate, jealous, vengeful type, in other words, I don't think you believe that at all.

The day a bum tells me how to life my live is the day i.... ah hell i guess that day has finally come. :(

I did not care that it came out of nowhere I dug them being a couple and we saw how they got together in a flashback

And there was nothing to suggest either of them were heterosexual before OYL so Grace being Bi and Thunder being gay did not seem to come out of nowhere to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"