• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dent's son is roughly Bruces age. If it's going to happen I think it will involve Thomas talking the Joker down from killing him.

Dent's son is roughly Bruces age. If it's going to happen I think it will involve Thomas talking the Joker down from killing him.

Let's hope so

After how dark this issue was I'm hoping the ending is at least a little hopeful

In the end, regardless of this mini I think Thomas will get a happy ending, he gets to save his son and make the world a better place by helping Barry. I genuinely hope the main Flashpoint series ends with Barry telling Bruce what his father gave up to give him a chance at life.

Would that be a good idea though

I'm not so sure Bruce would want to know :csad:

I would love to see DCU Bruce Wayne meet Flashpoint Thomas Wayne. Perhaps in their Batman identities. I kind think I might have preferred that Bruce have encountered the Flashpoint universe instead of Barry. There's just so much more potential there.

It would break Bruce's soul to see his Father like that.

Yeah, he'd just be disappointed in his father and tell him to take some jailtime. Batman's motivations are always been justice overall, not vengeance over his parents death.

Yep that's why I'm glad Thomas is going to help fix the timeline and redeem himself. It would just be too depressing otherwise :csad:

Last edited:
Well, personally I don't think it's all that great, it tries to connect itself into the more modern continuity instead of expanding the universe that the show created, though it isn't badly written or Drawn, Its just that the plot can get underwelming.

Yep I checked it out because I loved the tv show but I haven't been digging the comic book as much as I thought I would

I hear that some of Terry's rogues gallery are showing up in upcoming issues so i might check those out

Batman Dark Knight #3 preview, it's alive!

So from a 6 issue arc down to 3 issues only, with Penguin's motivations being he was made fun of, we now go from a Demon cultists story arc into a High School Drama where Bat-teacher has to save the good and punish the naughty.

Yeah, he'd just be disappointed in his father and tell him to take some jailtime. Batman's motivations are always been justice overall, not vengeance over his parents death.

Well I think he would do that, but I wonder how each would be affected. Would the encounter change them, and how? Would Bruce become concerned that he may end up like Thomas did? What would Thomas think of the man that Bruce grew up to be?

Yep that's why I'm glad Thomas is going to help fix the timeline and redeem himself. It would just be too depressing otherwise :csad:

I still think that Bruce should at least get to meet Thomas. Why does this timeline have to disappear as opposed to Barry simply going back to his native timeline?

October Teaser: Detective Comics #2 & Huntress #1
DTC_Cv2_02.jpg

DETECTIVE COMICS #2
Written by TONY S. DANIEL
Art by TONY S. DANIEL and RYAN WINN
Cover by TONY S. DANIEL
On sale OCTOBER 5 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T
Batman sets his sights on the Gotham Ripper, who in turn has his sights on Batman. Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne explores a budding romance with television journalist Charlotte Rivers, who's visiting Gotham City to cover the gruesome slayings - while also trying to uncover Bruce's own mystery. But time is running out as both Commissioner Gordon and Batman work to uncover the true identity of this new serial killer.

Huntress-01-cover_02.jpg

DC has also exclusively revealed the Levitz-written, Marcus To and John Dell-drawn The Huntress five-issue series that also debuts in Month 2 of the DCnU. The cover to issue #1 (to the left) is by Guillem March.

Paul Levitz has something of a history with the character, as he's credited with Joe Staton and Bob Layton for co-creating (in 1977) the Helena Wayne version of the Gotham City-based vigilante (daughter of the pre-Crisis Earth Two Batman and Catwoman). That version was killed during 1985's Crisis on Infinite Earths, her existence erased from the new post-Crisis unified timeline, and she was replaced with the similarly-looking Helena Bertinelli version, now the daughter of a Gotham crime boss.

This 2011 revamp Huntress apparently has Italian roots, as DC reports she heads "home" to Italy to embark on a life-defining mission in this series, suggesting the DCnU version of the Huntress will likely remain Helena Bertinelli. It appears she will also continue to have ties with the Birds of Prey in the upcoming months.

Story time with Joker :awesome:

The unsettling new series that everyone is talking about

Hey, Huntress! I actually like the new costume.

:atp:

Looks like there's another Batman comic book i will be buying after the relaunch as well as Batwoman Catwoman and Batgirl

I loves the ass kicking ladies of Gotham :up:

And that costume looks pretty neat isnt that the one she was wearing in Birds of Prey for a little while

Well I think he would do that, but I wonder how each would be affected. Would the encounter change them, and how? Would Bruce become concerned that he may end up like Thomas did? What would Thomas think of the man that Bruce grew up to be?

I still think that Bruce should at least get to meet Thomas. Why does this timeline have to disappear as opposed to Barry simply going back to his native timeline?

It would be kind of neat if the Flashpoint universe existed as a parallel world like Earth 2 and Earth 3 so that there could be crossover stories and team ups :)

1310393915.jpg

PENGUIN: PAIN AND PREJUDICE #1
Written by GREGG HURWITZ
Art and cover by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
On sale OCTOBER 5 * 1 of 5, 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T
In this exciting new miniseries from novelist Gregg Hurwitz (You're Next) and rising star artist Szymon Kudranksi (Spawn), the painful and dark past of one of Batman's most devious foes is examined. How did young Oswald Cobblepot go from being the apple of his mother's eye to the leader of underworld gangs and adversary of The Caped Crusader? Find out in PENGUIN: PAIN AND PREJUDICE!
1310395826.jpg

BATMAN #2
Written by SCOTT SNYDER
Art and cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
Cover by GREG CAPULLO
Variant cover by JIM LEE
1:200 B&W variant cover by GREG CAPULLO
On sale OCTOBER 19 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US * RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for more information.
Bruce Wayne is back in the cowl, hunting a new and deadly killer in Gotham City - a killer with a vendetta against Bruce Wayne! But who is this mysterious killer in an owl skull mask? And is he the key to unlocking one of Gotham's oldest and most terrifying secrets? Be there for their first brutal encounter!

:up:

Owl skull mask?

But owls are wise and lovely :csad:

Batman had better kick that owl murdering jerky jerks ass

Owls are also kind of creepy, and in some places, a symbol of death. You ever wonder why Owlman uses one as his motif?

Because it's a nocturnal flying animal that isn't a bat.

That was what i assumed too

Owls are also kind of creepy, and in some places, a symbol of death. You ever wonder why Owlman uses one as his motif?

The more you know

But i thought that everyone was fond of owls

That was what i assumed too

The more you know

But i thought that everyone was fond of owls

Oh hell no. Why do you think sound of owls hooting is often used for atmosphere in night scenes set in the woods? Because they're kind of creepy. Much like bats, they hunt at night, amid the darkness and confusion, when we go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"