Official Batman Titles thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, okay. Weird, he looks so much like pics I've seen of the new Azarel, though I might be misremembering.

Not at all, compare here:
Azrael_012.jpg

To:
5372060546_bcd0cbaffb_b.jpg

Hood's profile on comicvine: http://www.comicvine.com/the-hood/29-26567/

Well, I don't know, still seems kind of similar, but not quite as much as I remember.

There's the one (Knight) from the '60s that's been brought back and used now, and one from the '90s. The whole COH thing had been long forgotten when they introduced the latter. Guess Morrison decided to address that, I guess.

Eh i dont see a reason for another Batman of England when there's already K&S. Morrison could have visited another country or used K&S who i'm sure most of us would be glad to see again.

Tying up loose ends is a good thing. This guys a loose end.

Thanks for the larger pic, D.

No problem, amigo! I found it on JHW3's blog, here: http://www.jhwilliams3.com/

Why are there two British Batmen?

Morrison seems to be making Britain more popular with Batman alike characters, he's sending Stephanie Brown there, which makes me wonder did he give the middle finger to Bryan Q. Miller or was this all planned for Batgirl to begin with, but yeah we're also getting Dai Lauffin the real british Joker, not the one Paul Cornell created. :p I guess Morrison wants to toy with the social classes of Britain, since the Hood is more from a common worker class, but Knight is an noble with lots of money.

He was murdered and Cyril became the new Knight.

Nope. Either DCBlog mentioned the Hood thru Morrison or it's in the solicitation, but Hood is coming back to Batman universe via Inc. I like the simple Robin Hood concept with the addition that he gives the money to the poor, of course Morrison could be changing this character totally, who knows?

Hope Morrison will not change him a modern day Robin Hood would be a neat character

Him protecting Hells Kitchen makes no sense at all
Black Panther went from Superhero king of a country to protecting a neighbourhood in New York. That kind of sucks its like Captain America deciding to protect a suburb of Vancover.
I thought he was Batman on The Isle Of Man or New Zealand at first.

Morrison seems to be making Britain more popular with Batman alike characters, he's sending Stephanie Brown there, which makes me wonder did he give the middle finger to Bryan Q. Miller or was this all planned for Batgirl to begin with, but yeah we're also getting Dai Lauffin the real british Joker, not the one Paul Cornell created. :p I guess Morrison wants to toy with the social classes of Britain, since the Hood is more from a common worker class, but Knight is an noble with lots of money.

I guess Morrisons writing British stuff because his from there.

F*** that noise, gimme my Jarvis Poker. :o

It kind of seems like Morrison is sidestepping K&S now that Cornell worked on them. I mean England already has its government sanctioned dynamic duo which Batman knows since forever, they helped him vs the Black Glove, and then Dick throughout his tenure as Batman, so why even bother with this new batman? Because he was on some old comic book and we cant ignore that?

And its not like Conerll did anything bad to prevent Morrison from using them though. Not to mention that Jarvis Poker was probably conceived because Cornell couldnt use Dai Laffin.

In any case K&S and Jarvis Poker the English Joker are fun on a bun as Mysti would say!

Last edited:
I really want to see what kind of "villainy" he gets up to. Knight and Squire seemed to regard him as more of a friendly rival than a serious threat. I fully expect Knight and Squire to catch Jarvis and then be like, "Right, so, that's done. Pop 'round the corner for a spot of tea before we head to Scotland Yard, Jarv?" :D

Don't have any issue with there being two active British Batmen. Clearly they are very different in modus operandi.

But... but England's like really... well, I mean... well, it's tiny. Kind of. Isn't it? A little?

:csad:

Would have made sense if one of the other "British crime fighters" was from one of the other countries which make up the UK; Scotland, Wales, NI, as opposed to two English guys.

If we were geting this from an American writer, i'd be more understanding of the whole "Britain= England" thing, but Morrison? I know Hood is a pre-existing character, but we all know of the man's talent for creating new characters.

Ah well.

I honestly don't see what the fuss is with Morrison dealing with the other British Batman in some way. We are talking about the guy who pushes 'it all counts!' mentality to its breaking limit; I would almost be surprised if he didn't want to address what this Batman was doing with Knight running around.

I got the whole Bruce Wayne Murderer/Fugitive set really cheep. Did i make a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"