Official Blackest Night Thread

Thats not a word corp.

Last edited:
When someone has bionic gun limbs they don't have to follow the OED.

i glad to see aquaman and manhunter back, but im very annoyed with several of the ressurections. maxwell lord being back just ruins omac project, and basiclly means it isnt over cause he can just make supes his puppet again, this is why i also dont want ted back. boomerang being back is just a big middle finger to identity crisis(possibly my favourate book, and why im relieved sue is still dead), and is only because johns is getting a flash series and he wants as many villians as he can get.(same story with ronnie actually,minus the flash part).jade being back seems to be part of something which might kill alan scott, which must not happen under any circumstance. dont really care about hawk or the hawks, zooms cool i guess, and i dont mind osirus being back cause that must mean black adam will return soon, which will be awesome. deadmans interesting, but the resurections, overall left me feeling they better have some real good stories lined up for theese characters, otherwise its just poor storytelling.

Why do people think ord will just take over Superman again, it took him YEARS to break down Supermans mind barriers so that such things wouldnt happen so easily. After that first encounter with Lord you would think he had those barriers boosted for just this specific reason.

Why do people think ord will just take over Superman again, it took him YEARS to break down Supermans mind barriers so that such things wouldnt happen so easily. After that first encounter with Lord you would think he had those barriers boosted for just this specific reason.

Lord is gonna used his power to make sure nobody but the orginial JLI members remember he existed. If superman doesnt remember him, and Lord can alter an entire planets memory, why the hell wouldnt he try and take over superman again?

Lord is gonna used his power to make sure nobody but the orginial JLI members remember he existed. If superman doesnt remember him, and Lord can alter an entire planets memory, why the hell wouldnt he try and take over superman again?

The last time he tried that he got his neck snapped like a bread stick. I doubt he's in a mad rush to do so again

The last time he tried that he got his neck snapped like a bread stick. I doubt he's in a mad rush to do so again

Nobody bet a few living JLI members remember who he is, no ones gonna go looking for a nobody.

And that makes no sense right there. Diana is the avatar of truth. There is no way in heaven or earth that a loser like Max could wipe her memory. So she should be right alongside the JLI members who are hunting him.

But all that aside what I meant was, he's somehow managed to return from the dead and get a second chance. I would think that the last thing he would do is risk it all by trying another evil scheme.

Nobody bet a few living JLI members remember who he is, no ones gonna go looking for a nobody.
Right, because it's not like any villain's seemingly fool-proof plan has ever backfired in their face spectacularly before...

so is Lord gonna be the main focus of the Generation Lost thing? i'd kinda be interested in that. if it weren't for ****ing Judd Winnick. But with Giffen there, I feel like I'm gonna be taking my chances with it.

and Mystirious, Diana CAN be lied to as long as she doesn't have that lasso wrapped around someone. I doubt Max would be stupid enough to get anywhere NEAR her after what happened last time...

Just read Blackest Night # 8 the other day and this was definitely a great ending to a really great event. Ivan Reis really has been awesome throughout the entire miniseries and that four page spread with the heroes being brought back was really beautiful.

Definitely a lot of questions still left to answer, however. Some of the heroes that were brought back to life seem a little interesting. Some of them were not even heroes. Maxwell Lord, Captain Boomerang, and Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne).

I was listening to the Comic Geek Speak podcast and one of the guys on there, Jamie D., had a theory about the people that were brought back. Many of the heroes that had the white rings, at least for that brief moment, seemed to almost will these people back to life subconciously as if they were bringing back a mistake. Example: Wonder Woman snapped Maxwell Lord's neck and she deep down wished that she had never done that, hence Max coming back. With Reverse Flash Barry deep down really wished he hadn't killed him all those years ago, hence him coming back. I just thought that it was a really interesting theory.

I definitely dug this whole event. The Green Lantern title and the Green Lantern Corps title were all very tightly weaved to the whole event well. Doug Mahnke and Gleason were really turning up their artwork for this and it really helped move the series along.

I was not really much of a Green Lantern fan before this but this has me checking Green Lantern out for quite some time and into the Brightest Day

Yeah, when he started saying it I was like, "Oh my God how come I didn't see that when I read the book?!".

Because when they were all brought back the first thing Barry was looking for was Ralph and Sue Dibny. Ted Kord was not brought back either, which I'm sure Booster Gold would be pretty pissed about. I wonder if they will cover that in the Booster Gold title.

You figure that Mera could have willed Aquaman back and The Atom willing back Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Some of the others I'm pretty stumped on though when it comes to the theory. Firestorm, Captain Boomerang, and Deadman. I figure that Superman maybe helped will back Martian Manhunter.

I'm not really big on the DC Universe so I wouldn't know the connections between some of the characters. I've only been reading DC consistently since Infinite Crisis.

Well i mean really the whole damn universe probably willed J'onn back to life. He was missed by so very many. I think this theory works, but the few straglers are the ones that will maybe be dealt with.

Just read Blackest Night # 8 the other day and this was definitely a great ending to a really great event. Ivan Reis really has been awesome throughout the entire miniseries and that four page spread with the heroes being brought back was really beautiful.

Definitely a lot of questions still left to answer, however. Some of the heroes that were brought back to life seem a little interesting. Some of them were not even heroes. Maxwell Lord, Captain Boomerang, and Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne).

I was listening to the Comic Geek Speak podcast and one of the guys on there, Jamie D., had a theory about the people that were brought back. Many of the heroes that had the white rings, at least for that brief moment, seemed to almost will these people back to life subconciously as if they were bringing back a mistake. Example: Wonder Woman snapped Maxwell Lord's neck and she deep down wished that she had never done that, hence Max coming back. With Reverse Flash Barry deep down really wished he hadn't killed him all those years ago, hence him coming back. I just thought that it was a really interesting theory.

I definitely dug this whole event. The Green Lantern title and the Green Lantern Corps title were all very tightly weaved to the whole event well. Doug Mahnke and Gleason were really turning up their artwork for this and it really helped move the series along.

I was not really much of a Green Lantern fan before this but this has me checking Green Lantern out for quite some time and into the Brightest Day

Not a bad theory. But just to point something out, Wonder Woman does not regret killing Maxwell Lord. At all. She regrets that the situation arose but she recognises the fact that Max had to die and she has no regrets about taking him out

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"