The official JUSTICE discussion thread

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Binker, Feb 8, 2006.

1. blksuperman2

blksuperman2 Deadly Akuma

I'm guessing that you mean this as a joke, but I'd edit it. The mods might not see it that way.

2. SpideyInATree

SpideyInATree Never Go Full Retard

Of course it's a joke. Considering that my friend Aaron is a black guy and he's the one that calls John Stewart the "*****" Green Lantern. I happen to think it's hilarious.

I refuse to edit. If one word causes mass hysteria amongst the modship than they must have forgotten an old saying that still applies to this day and age, but unfortunately has been forgotten by many... "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".

If that word seriously makes someone mad...I feel sorry for them because they're going to have a horribly long frustrating life.

3. GoldenAgeHero

GoldenAgeHero Well-Known Member

the "*****" green lantern?

i don't care if your friend is black, but i find that term pretty offensive and pretty damn ignorant. and yeah it is frustrating when a dumbass can't refer to a characters name. he resorts to actually reffering to him as "*****", a term that im really tired of hearing.

4. SpideyInATree

Oh, I'm sorry that my friend isn't an extremely cultured comic book fan. Let me go over his house and beat him like the...oh wait...that would be racist if I went over his house and beat him for something like that, wouldn't it?

Well, instead of beating him I'll burn him with a hot iron. How about that? I'll just completely take away his sense of humor because you can't seem to take seeing one single word.

Sheesh. A guy just tries to share on an Internet message board and people have their panties in a twist. "Wah, I'm tired of hearing a word". Well, stop listening, numbnuts.

5. blksuperman2

Um, think about what you're saying. It's absurd to think that people on the internet are going to get an inside joke between you and your friend.

6. SpideyInATree

Dude, I know what I'm saying....I typed it out.

Understand what I'm saying. He has a sense of humor, as do I. So you and GAH don't have a sense of humor?

He sees John Stewart and he jokingly says, "The ***** Green Lantern saves the day" or whatever phrase he uses. It's not an inside joke because he does it around tons of other people. And, I guess we're all just a bunch of deadbeats here in Pittsburgh, people LAUGH! Wow. People with a sense of humor and not with a giant stick up their ass.

Just like he jokes about how there needs to be a ***** Spider-Man. He says that Supreme Power gave him his ***** Batman and ***** Flash. But he needs a ***** Spider-Man. See, now I'm just being overly zealous with the *****. Sorry.

But, yeah...it's just a joke and it's not even an inside joke. It's just him busting balls because there are tons and tons of Green Lanterns and only one of them is black, heh. But yeah...

Oh, and did I mention that this friend of mine...is BLACK, right? I mean it wouldn't really be much of a joke if it wasn't a black guy. But, yeah, I guess people are just crazy prudes? Did the Bush administration really have THAT much affect on people?

7. blksuperman2

WOW,:wow: I was given you the benefit of the doubt. I thought I could have an intelligent conversation with you.

How wrong of me.

8. GoldenAgeHero

GoldenAgeHero Well-Known Member

it's not even an inside joke let alone a funny one at that. just plain dumb ignorance. ***** spiderman? ***** batman? see these jokes are'nt funny, they're are'nt jokes in the first place, just words of a dumbass.

let me put it this way, there are things that people say that really gets on your nerves and everything they say annoys the **** out of you. well thats your friend, spidey. and yeah i guess your buddy does need to be cultured.

9. batnkevlar

batnkevlar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I must say, those aren't jokes... they're completely devoid of wit...

10. The Question

The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

How is it ignorant? It may be lacking in a certain amount of refinement and subtlety, but it's far from ignorant.

11. drastic_quench

drastic_quench Well-Known Member

This thread just got jacked.

12. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

LOL! GAH the guy who constantly talks about taking a **** in people's mouths is offended. Hilarious.

13. thedarks0ldier

thedarks0ldier Well-Known Member

I can't shut up about this book or its potential to do justice (no pun intended) to the JLA on the big screen. I really think that this is the way to go and that it should just be adapted as an origin story.

14. SpideyInATree

Yeah, I know. Disgustingly ironic.

15. Not Jake

Not Jake Well-Known Member

***** please.:whatever:

16. PWN3R

PWN3R Instagram:@Mannie_Bothans

17. Not Jake

Not Jake Well-Known Member

hahahaha, it's good because Punch-Out is full of racial stereotypes anyway.:o

18. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Epic.

19. blksuperman2

Now that's hilarious. see some people just aren't funny.

20. The Squirrel

The Squirrel Le Rongeur

oooooooooooook...

Back on topic.

JUSTICE has been stellar from the beginning.

The new issue was cool.

21. Naked Shia

Naked Shia Nikkid's law

Apart from the art, Justice is amazing, just for the sake of seeing Batman chasing people in a nightclub where people dance the batusi.

22. Czar Colossus

Czar Colossus Well-Known Member

This collected edition should be on every comic fan's book shelf. It showcases all that is great about the DCU and the art is outstanding! Alas these days with DC all I have are memories and back issues. Thank God for Adventures of Superman and Batman Beyond Universe. The New 52 sucks!