The Avengers Official Clark Gregg/Agent Coulson Support Thread

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
This thread is devoted to the under-appreciated but important SHIELD agent and member of the Avengers Initiative: Agent Coulson played by Clark Gregg.

What started as an almost throw away character in Iron Man has become the every man of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. From the looks of it in the Thor trailer he will get more of an edge in that film. Hopefully he gets the chance to kick some ass either in Thor or The Avengers.

If you've seen any of his recent interviews (SDCC) you'll know that Clark Gregg basically walked into this whole thing blind and it seems that no one is more excited for these films than him. It's a very admirable quality to see in an actor.

So this thread is for Agent Coulson love. The only member of the "Elite 8" Avengers announced at Comic Con that still no one will put in a manip, lol.

00030181.jpg

Well, he's not an Avenger. He's not a member of the Initiative, he doesn't put on a costume and fight evil. He's a SHIELD agent given a recurring role in the franchise for the sake of continuity. When people are excited for a film like this, it isn't because of a supporting character made up so that the films aren't dominated by bright costumes.

It's not that I have anything against Gregg or the character, but I don't like the idea of him being presented as a major player in the film, since Marvel is leaving out some other characters more integral to the Avengers as a comic series (*cough*Pyms*cough*).

I hope he is integral to the film. I hope to see him fighting along side Fury, BW, and other shield agents

I hope he is integral to the film. I hope to see him fighting along side Fury, BW, and other shield agents

Agreed. There are 4 SHIELD agents in this film (Nick Fury, Agent Coulson, Black Widow, and Hawkeye) and 4 Avengers (Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk). Together they make up the Avenger Initiative.

We dont know if Hawkeye is SHIELD agent do we?

We dont know if Hawkeye is SHIELD agent do we?

No, but I'm taking an educated guess. He has no super powers so it's unlikely he'll be a fully fledged Avenger. My guess is he'll be a SHIELD agent like in Vol. 1 & 2 of the Ultimates.

I wonder if Marvel's going to make him a comic character? He'd be really easy to translate to the 616 universe. Plus, with Steve being in-charge currently it'd make sense if we see some new faces in the SHIELD world.

I'm kind of annoyed they didn't choose a shield agent from the comics, there are plenty to choose from who have roles that could easily fill this one such as Agent Derek Khanata who investigated the Agents of Atlas in the comics

I hope they incorperate him into the comics continuity.

I like him because he seems like a normal guy, it would have been easy to just have him get killed in Iron Man 1 but he faced iron monger and lived. Plus he keeps returning to face threats like the Destroyer.
I like that he seems like a normal guy but is a highly trained agent. Showing that SHIELD is highly trained as well, but unassuming too.
Like they are agents all around us and we don't know.

You can bet Joss Whedon will kill this character off. It's a given with his track record.

I hope he's integral to the story as well. On a side-note, I just want to say that I still can't believe New Adventures of Old Christine got cancelled. It was one of the funniest things on TV and Gregg often stole scenes with his character's lovable stupidity. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend you check it out.

I love the theory that
he's Loki in disguise
probably not true though.

I'm glad that they made him recurring. I would still like his character flesh out more and get pass the professional mask he wears. Hanging around with Tony so much, you think he'd mello just a bit.

Bump.

I don't want Coulson to be a skrull or anything I like. I just want him to be a SHIELD agent. I think Coulson's awesome.

And I want him to finally beat someone down :woot:

Bump.

I don't want Coulson to be a skrull or anything I like. I just want him to be a SHIELD agent. I think Coulson's awesome.

And I want him to finally beat someone down :woot:
Take someone down ala Black Widow in IM2, not necessarily the same way, but in the "HOLY ****!!! HE CAN DO THAT?!" kind of way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"