The Avengers Official Clark Gregg/Agent Coulson Support Thread

I don't know guys; as much as I love the character, I really hope that they don't actually resurrect the character or recton his fate in "The Avengers" since that would just put another pound to the head of the nail that the MCU is really becoming too tame. I mean sure, we have aliens blowing up stuff and Loki gauging one random dude's eye out, but when you really think about it, there hasn't really been any real sense of casualties shown in a realistic way since Iron Man 1.

Now, they just show people running around the streets in chaos and only say with montages or assumptions that people were killed; either that, or no main/important character to the hero(es) ever die, so it was a refresher to see someone close at home be hit for once since it actually reminds folks that there's some sense of danger attached to all of this and that the characters we love on screen can be killed off as well.

That's what the SHIELD tv series is for lol. So that we can have a whole cast of characters who can easily be killed off (especially since they are Whedon creations) instead of using people like Coulson or any other actual Marvel SHIELD character. Expect the likes of Melinda May or Agent Skye to bite the dust at some point. :oldrazz:

I agree. The TV show is good opportunity for stuff like that, but don't forget all those rumored deaths in Phase II. I think every supporting cast member in IM3 and TTDW was/is rumored to bite the dust at some time. These rumors wouldn't happen if people wouldn't think that the MCU is totally free of danger.

And a fan favourite coming back from his grave is one of the biggest nods to the source material one can imagine. It is the nature of long living comic series of the anglo-american style that popular characters can't stay dead for long. A recreation of the MU on film has to acknowledge that

That's what the SHIELD tv series is for lol. So that we can have a whole cast of characters who can easily be killed off (especially since they are Whedon creations) instead of using people like Coulson or any other actual Marvel SHIELD character. Expect the likes of Melinda May or Agent Skye to bite the dust at some point. :oldrazz:
That's more or less a Joey Q. thing. He IS still part of the Creation team for the films, even tho he's no longer editor at the Comics

Clark Gregg was nominated for Best Supporting Actor in the 2013 Saturn Awards. The Avengers is up for Best Science Fiction Film, Best Editing, and Best Special Effects, while Joss Whedon was nominated for Best Direction and Best Writing. Congratulations to Marvel & The Avengers team!

Dude, that's awesome to hear the nominations! :)

With the new rumors on how coulson is brought back on shield is awesome totally called it though

I love how on the comment section of SHH under this article about Coulson, people are refusing to believe that's what actually happened.

LOL, fanboys...

I hope it's how he comes back

I mean a life model decoy would be cool to use but I feel the GA wouldn't be able to understand it or feel uncomfortable with it

With the whole " Coulson is alive " thing I once again diverge from my fellow fanboys in not being upset or surprised that its happening. We all saw Fury lying in Avengers, so why wouldn't he have lied about Coulson? At the time I had a feeling that they would find some way to bring him back so I wasn't shocked when they announced he would return.

And the reality of the situation is , outside of fanboys, its doubtful very GA members who saw Avengers even knew who the guy was when he was killed and most of them probably don't think about Coulson's death or the character at all when they think of the film.

Coming soon has a small rumor that HAS NOT been confirmed that Coulson DID die BUT!! The E.M.T.s get there just in time to revive Phil and they lead the Avengers to believe he still is dead and SHIELD moves him to a different location until everything blew over

Coming soon has a small rumor that HAS NOT been confirmed that Coulson DID die BUT!! The E.M.T.s get there just in time to revive Phil and they lead the Avengers to believe he still is dead and SHIELD moves him to a different location until everything blew over

Clark Gregg also said that Coulson actually did die but was revived by some mysterious means. The way he spoke about it led me to believe that Coulson might have been dead for a significant amount of time rather than just a few moments. He also said that there is a mystery around Coulson's fate that would play out through the first season, assuming that the show gets picked up.

It is kinda of annoying for a couple of reasons. It is predictable (many, including myself, called this after seeing The Avengers for the first time) and it makes the entire premise of the final act of the film look contrived.

Don't get me wrong, I love that Coulson is back. I wanted him back. Just perhaps not this way.

I would have rather the Coulson that was killed was an LMD personally.

I would have rather the Coulson that was killed was an LMD personally.

If that is how they went, especially after the joke earlier in the movie, it would have been spectacular. Part of me still hopes they can get it done.

Clark Gregg also said that Coulson actually did die but was revived by some mysterious means. The way he spoke about it led me to believe that Coulson might have been dead for a significant amount of time rather than just a few moments. He also said that there is a mystery around Coulson's fate that would play out through the first season, assuming that the show gets picked up.

Yeah maybe when fury said the med team "called it" he actually was dead but then coulson comes back alive like a few seconds later or something

He should have stayed dead. Embarrassing reasoning for him coming back

TBH, they made it rather clear in Avengers that Fury lies constantly... It really isn't much of a leap to think that he lied about this as well. As Coulson put it, it gave them something to avenge (or whatever the actual line was). It brought the Avengers together and focused them.

If that is how they went, especially after the joke earlier in the movie, it would have been spectacular. Part of me still hopes they can get it done.
EXACTLY, I mean it works so much better, and for many other things.

I thought I'd share this with you guys. It is Coulson related and very funny. It made me chuckle a few times which is what I need right now.

Gotta love the Blooper reel lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"