Comics Official Costume Thread

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
I thought Id create one since theres been quite a bit of costume talk in the Uncanny thread. So discuss what you think were the best and worst costumes for teh characters, pictures, etc...

So I'll start. What do you guys think of Cyclops' costumes? I think these are my top 3 for him.

Final X-factor
cyclopsbigcostume7yc8.jpg

Eve of Destruction
cyclopsbigcostume9re2.jpg

New X-men
cyclopsnewxmenox5.jpg

The worst has got to be his earlier X-factor costumes. Heres his second. The first was the same just in blue/yellow and with slightly differnt boots

cyclopsbigcostume6xb6.jpg

I like the Eve of Destruction one, he looks cute in that one :D Those were the days when Salvador Larroca could draw...

The definitive Cyke costume:

5736-cyclops_400.jpg

The Runner-up (Pretty much just the jacket; the rest sucked):

145198-cyclops_400.jpg

The definitive Wolverine costume:

164594-wolverine_400.gif

The Runner-up:

197719-wolverine_400.jpg

I like the Jim Lee one and EoD one best, but I remember Scott had once wore a red costume, that one was the worst imo, I'm just not fond of red costumes.

Ah, yes, one of Cyke's glorious WTF? storylines.

I'll have to go with the AXM suit and the Morisson jacket.

EOD, 90s' Lee and final X-Factor were pretty cool too.

And YES, the blue/white from X-Factor was awful, lol.

Ah, yes, one of Cyke's glorious WTF? storylines.

I'll have to go with the AXM suit and the Morisson jacket.

EOD, 90s' Lee and final X-Factor were pretty cool too.

And YES, the blue/white from X-Factor was awful, lol.
the first tiem I saw that X-factor costuem was when I was playing Spiderman vs X-men for the SNES. I wondered what that ugly thing was and why he wasnt in his TAS costume

That was my first exposure to that costume too, lol. And f**k the characters' second stages were tough in that game. Damn.

I'm not so fond of the condom head Cyke costume

astonishingcyclopsop5.jpg

I'm not so fond of the condom head Cyke costume

astonishingcyclopsop5.jpg
I didnt like it at first but it grew on me. Funny thing is I dont like it much when Cassaday draws it and he created it. It looks good when other artists get a crack at it, I really love it when he wears it without hte skullcap

the classic:
47050-cyclops_400.jpg

something about this costume though annoys me
90866-cyclops_400.jpg

favorite storm costume
8730-storm_400.jpg
159627-storm_400.jpg

least fav (WTH were the artist thinking?):
183024-storm_400.jpg
70872-storm_400.jpg

Yeah it's the skullcap I don't like

But the worst head piece has got to be Havok's tiara.

havokst3.jpg

The cheekbone mask is just... painful looking. Maybe that's why Alex is always yelling.

159627-storm_400.jpg

least fav (WTH were the artist thinking?):
183024-storm_400.jpg
70872-storm_400.jpg
The skirt outfit from X-treme wasnt really a costume. It was just Storm's street clothes which she wore in one issue. It was Larocca trying to have the X-treme cast match the leather look that the other books had. I liked it. The Mohawk though was a big WTF when I first saw it...lol

I can tell you how much I hate that first costume of Storm's. It was Davis design in hte late 90s and I hate that he brought it back when he returned a few years back. I hate that its now become Storm's default looke and she wears it everywhere. At least recent artists have tweaked it to make it look better, but I wouldnt mind if she got a completely new design.

One of my favorite Storm costumes was her purple one from Revolution. It doesnt get much love and didnt last long but I liked it

I also really liked this one. Only thing it was missing was the ribbons from when she had the short hair

stormbigcostume8vj8.jpg

Classic Beast:

113623-beast_400.jpg

Runner-up:

152040-beast_400.jpg

Classic Kurt:

73807-nightcrawler_400.jpg

Runner-up:

178224-nightcrawler_400.jpg

Yeah it's the skullcap I don't like

But the worst head piece has got to be Havok's tiara.

havokst3.jpg

The cheekbone mask is just... painful looking. Maybe that's why Alex is always yelling.

Yeah, that head piece is ridiculous, it got a 'diamond' on it for Christ's sake, I still think the current one he wears is the best, it's kind of unique.

polarishavokyv8.jpg

This is my fave Havok and my fave Polaris

I always think Jean and Lorna are the best looking girls of X-Men, Summers boys are lucky.

polarishavokyv8.jpg

This is my fave Havok and my fave Polaris
I dont like Lorna's current look. The actual costume is fine but the color is bad. She does not look good in green. Its just too much. I think one of my favorite costumes for her was her Acolyte costume. She looks best in red/blue

polarispj7.jpg

Still love the Alex Ross designs.....
cyc.jpg

but its all about the Jim Lee...
blue.jpg

His Costumes are still really the definitive versions for everybody.
(Though to be honest i think New X-Men was right, the X-Men really don't need Lycra costumes any more.

143908-x-men_400.jpg

not so bad. jim lee costumes for the x-men are by far the coolest
Rogue's and wolverines costumes are my favorite.
Best:
87546-rogue_400.jpg
191895-rogue_400.jpg
UltLogan.jpg

Worst:
31131-rogue_400.jpg
wolverine_turner_brown.jpg

11.jpg

The best Ororo costume ever. Pity most pencilers didn't get the hang of it, only Kubert and MAd were able to draw it like it should be...

14.jpg

And this one is a close second. I always felt she looked so majestic and regal in that costume. It helped a lot to think the bracelets and tiara were made of ice. It just looked terrific. Pity it didn't last.

i hated the old havok costume- xfactor was the only one for me. but then when he came back (with austen/garney i think) they revamped the old look and i liked it-even his little crown thing. seems like that costume keeps rotating between 4-5 variations since then but this has always been my favorite with his metal gloves that they seemed to have gotten rid off:

HAVOK.jpg

and my favorite x-chick, psylocke. i cant say she's ever had a bad suit (i was even kinda feelin the armor from the 80s) but nothing beats her classic look:

Psylocke3.jpg

and my runner-up chick (tied with jean) Rogue. its always been the 90s costume, but when they brought back the all green, it finally struck a chord with me or something. if Bachalo can draw her in this and it still looks good thats saying something:

rogue1.gif
250px-RogueXMen192.jpg

as for the rest of the team, I love all the new costumes. the retro-revamp everyone has had is great. Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Angel all look great. love Kitty's look and i hope Emma keeps her AXM look for a LONG time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"