Comics Official Costume Thread

Worst:
31131-rogue_400.jpg
Yes that was bad. WTF were they thinking? Its almost as bad as this one which came after.
roguebigcostume3wq8.jpg

I have to say Rogue had some of the worst costumes early on. I think this was her first good one

roguebigcostume5ne6.jpg

No idea, I grabbed it off a collection of captioned Wolverine images. It looks like it's from a very recent arc of Cable and Deadpool though.

Psylocke's Worst

When she first started out...
psylockebigcostume1bo2.jpg

As an X-Man...this is more like a civvies than a costume...
psylockebigcostume2wj9.jpg

The Revolution era... urm...it's blaaa! From her classic look to this one? Not a good idea!
psylockebigcostume7yw5.jpg

And again I'm not feeling her new look for the new Exiles book (which I can't find any pic anymore)... Can they just stick to her classic look! The classic Jim Lee was the best!

And here's one of my best for Storm:

X-Men The End costume: The way Greg Land draw her is really great but the way Chen draw her in this book, it just lacks something. Ororo looks good in Black and Silver or Gold. And I like the details on her costume. One of her best... I don't know how that thing holds though in real life LOL.
xmentheend2sg3.jpg

New X-men
cyclopsnewxmenox5.jpg
i always associate the garrison costumes with quitley's art...and i HATE frank quitely's art. but when someone talented draws these suits i dont mind them so much.

147011-gambit_400.jpg
74771-gambit_400.jpg

193257-cyclops_400.jpg
31217-cyclops_400.jpg

how old are these characters supposed to be? one minute they look their "age" next issue they look almost 20 (sans professor and logan) i know marvel time is SLOW, but can anyone guess?

i think marvel time has moved about 15-20 years, so if the first x-men were 15-16 yr olds, i place the veterans at about 30 now. but back during the Onslaught saga peter said he was spiderman for 5 years since 1963 making him 20 yrs old in 1996 so....yeah.....

i just say 30.

According to the "timeline" of the Marvel Universe, about 13 years has passed since the Fantastic 4 went through their cosmic storm induced mutations. Assuming that maybe a year or two later Peter Parker, then 15, was bitten by the spider, he is about 25 to 26. Scott Summers was already leading the X-Men by the time they met Spidey, and had been for about two years putting him at 19 or 20 at the time, which puts Scott almost at 30 (which sort of screws up the established age of his brother Alex at 6 years younger, because Alex was at his college graduation when we first meet him, so there is no way he is only 24. I'd buy 26, but then that makes Scott in his early 30s and Marvel seems to freak out about it.)

Logically, without Marvel's wonkiness, Scott, Warren, and Emma should be early to mid 30s (34-35), Ororo should be a year or two younger (31-32), Hank a year or older (36-38). Alex, Bobby, Rogue, Piotr and Kurt should be even younger (29-30).

LOL...this is a whole other topic itself.

Well Scott was supposed to look old in that last pic. It was from the What If Deadly Genesis and Jean had died, so he was drinking and not shaving which gave him an older look

As far as ages go, I picture the original X-men to be in their early 30s. Beast at 33-34 with Bobby the youngest at 30. You can pretty much pinpoint the rest of the X-men going up and down from there

It was from the What If Deadly Genesis and Jean had died, so he was drinking and not shaving which gave him an older look.

Drinking...?

Havok83 said:
As far as ages go, I picture the original X-men to be in their early 30s. Beast at 33-34 with Bobby the youngest at 30. You can pretty much pinpoint the rest of the X-men going up and down from there

Pretty much it, eh. Screw Scott's "I'm 25" line to the Greys.

According to the "timeline" of the Marvel Universe, about 13 years has passed since the Fantastic 4 went through their cosmic storm induced mutations. Assuming that maybe a year or two later Peter Parker, then 15, was bitten by the spider, he is about 25 to 26. Scott Summers was already leading the X-Men by the time they met Spidey, and had been for about two years putting him at 19 or 20 at the time, which puts Scott almost at 30 (which sort of screws up the established age of his brother Alex at 6 years younger, because Alex was at his college graduation when we first meet him, so there is no way he is only 24. I'd buy 26, but then that makes Scott in his early 30s and Marvel seems to freak out about it.)

Logically, without Marvel's wonkiness, Scott, Warren, and Emma should be early to mid 30s (34-35), Ororo should be a year or two younger (31-32), Hank a year or older (36-38). Alex, Bobby, Rogue, Piotr and Kurt should be even younger (29-30).
Storm is definetly older than the original 5. She's most likely around 34-35

I beleive Rogue is closer to her mid 20s, most likely like 26-27

Is Alex supposed to be 6 years younger than Scott? That doesnt seem to make sense,bnc like you said, Alex had his college graduation in his first appearance. Even taking that out of the equation, Scott was about 19 when we first saw Alex and he definetly was no 13 yr old. I beleive Alex is the same age as Bobby which would put him at 2-3 years younger than Scott

It's been 45 years since the beginning of the Marvel U. According to Joe 13 years have passed in-universe. 45 divided by 13 is roughly 3.5. So one year passes in the Marvel U for every 3.5 years here IRL. Beast celebrated his 30th birthday in the mid-to-late 90's. Since it's been about 10 years IRL, that comes out to nearly 3 years Marvel time. We know that Scott is one year younger than Beast, who is now 33, that makes Scott 32.

Edit: Polished the math

i would imagine that storm, colossus, nightcrawler and the other Giant-Size X-Men would be older than the originals cuz didnt Marvel want to go with adults over the original teens. but i guess buy "adult" that could just mean 21+.

Drinking...?
My bad..I was thinking of something else. Scott here locked himself alone in teh dark sculpting images of his dead friends

Pretty much it, eh. Screw Scott's "I'm 25" line to the Greys.
yeah thats pretty dumb. The New Mutants are getting close to that age

i would imagine that storm, colossus, nightcrawler and the other Giant-Size X-Men would be older than the originals cuz didnt Marvel want to go with adults over the original teens.
Most of them were older except Crawler and Colossus. I beleive Kurt was the same age as them with Colossus actually being younger at 18/19. There was that whole jailbait issue when he started dating a 14 yr old Kitty

I thought Id create one since theres been quite a bit of costume talk in the Uncanny thread. So discuss what you think were the best and worst costumes for teh characters, pictures, etc...

So I'll start. What do you guys think of Cyclops' costumes? I think these are my top 3 for him.

Final X-factor
cyclopsbigcostume7yc8.jpg

Eve of Destruction
cyclopsbigcostume9re2.jpg

New X-men
cyclopsnewxmenox5.jpg

The worst has got to be his earlier X-factor costumes. Heres his second. The first was the same just in blue/yellow and with slightly differnt boots

cyclopsbigcostume6xb6.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this needs to be translated into the comics as a costume for Scott:

cyclopssbsol4.jpg

Don't know who drew it, but I think it rocks.

Im not sure if I want that costume to be his new one or if I liek it. I hate the yellow part on his left shoulder

i would imagine that storm, colossus, nightcrawler and the other Giant-Size X-Men would be older than the originals cuz didnt Marvel want to go with adults over the original teens. but i guess buy "adult" that could just mean 21+.

No, because by the time the team revamped the originals were well established in their team and so were grown up and were older than the newbies, with the exception of Banshee and Wolvie

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this needs to be translated into the comics as a costume for Scott:

cyclopssbsol4.jpg

Don't know who drew it, but I think it rocks.

sorry, i dont know where that cyclops came from, but i see him on marvel backpacks and stuff and just cringe. that shoulder thing make no sense. but i have to admit the "costume reference" looks alot more appealing than the drawing im used to seeing.

No, because by the time the team revamped the originals were well established in their team and so were grown up and were older than the newbies, with the exception of Banshee and Wolvie
ok that part i didnt know.

and Storm and Sunfire. She was 25 around the time she joined the team with the originals being in their early 20s. Beast was probably closer in age to her, but the rest were definetly younger

That Cyclops would be tons better without that shoulder thing.

i always associate the garrison costumes with quitley's art...and i HATE frank quitely's art. but when someone talented draws these suits i dont mind them so much.

Churchill made all of the new X-Men costumes look amaaaaaazing. Check out the few issues he actually did of Uncanny if you havnt already. Shame he only lasted 3-4 issues :S

and Storm and Sunfire. She was 25 around the time she joined the team with the originals being in their early 20s. Beast was probably closer in age to her, but the rest were definetly younger

really? I was always under the impression that Storm was younger, or at the most, the same age as Jean

really? I was always under the impression that Storm was younger, or at the most, the same age as Jean
yeah one of Claremont's earlier issues which showed her origin had her year of birth at 1951 and the year at the time was 1976, making her 25 at the time. I dont think the originals were supposed to be that old yet. Maybe Beast, but definetly not the rest

Edited to add: Jean's birth year on her tombstone was 1956, making her 24 when she died in 1980. Probably only a year passed in Marvel time since the issue which revealed Storm's age so she would have been 26 when Jean died, thus making her older than Jean, Scott, Warren and same age as Beast. Hope that clears things up

Psylocke's Worst

The Revolution era... urm...it's blaaa! From her classic look to this one? Not a good idea!
psylockebigcostume7yw5.jpg

And again I'm not feeling her new look for the new Exiles book (which I can't find any pic anymore)... Can they just stick to her classic look! The classic Jim Lee was the best!

I was an actual fan of her revolution look but only when drawn by Lenil Fancis Yu

As for her new Exiles look :

newexiles23.jpg

a little too ultimate elektra looking for me, and im never a fan of her in heels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"