Official: Fantastic Four 2 Novelization Discussion MAJOR SPOILERS!

I was so hoping that Doom would kill off Leonard while Boris was standing by and together begin plotting....the monks would be great....but what really needs to happen is if the Magneto solo film is successful then a Doctor Doom film should happen next...

I didn't mind Leonard so much that I would want him dead...:woot: I just wanted him to be a bit more mysterious, someone that would be a direct tie to Latveria like Boris would be.

Interesting! I hadn't thought of it in those terms.

My ideal opening would have had Boris taking Doom's body to the monks along with plans for the transformation chamber in the first film. I would have had them "cure" him, but his face would remain scarred (though we'd never see it), and then he would develop his armor with them (and, of course, put the mask on while it was still hot).

That would rock... sort of a reworking of Spock coming back to life in Star Trek 3. A big, secret ceremony shrouded in mysticism would be sweet

i got my copy yesterday it came in last week but my bookstore thought i wanted the jr novel

Just got a couple of questions for the people who have read the novel if thats ok:

1) Is it true that The Thing has a severly reduced role in this one?

2) Does the Thing have any feats of strength that outdo his one's in the first movie.?

3) Does Dr.Doom have the same powers in this as he did in the first movie?

4) Do Dr.Doom and the Silver Surfer have a lasting fight during the novel?

Thanks in advance!

Just got a couple of questions for the people who have read the novel if thats ok:

1) Is it true that The Thing has a severly reduced role in this one? Not that I could tell from the novelization...seemed he was used sufficiently, but maybe not as much as the first movie.

2) Does the Thing have any feats of strength that outdo his one's in the first movie.? Depends on what you call feats of strength
stopping a helicopter, lifing a car, crashing through a wall....

yes, until he receives the Surfers of course

"lasting" fight?...no...squirmish? yes

Thanks in advance!

1) Is it true that The Thing has a severly reduced role in this one? Not that I could tell from the novelization...seemed he was used sufficiently, but maybe not as much as the first movie.

2) Does the Thing have any feats of strength that outdo his one's in the first movie.? Depends on what you call feats of strength
stopping a helicopter, lifing a car, crashing through a wall....

yes, until he receives the Surfers of course

"lasting" fight?...no...squirmish? yes

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info Albafan, sorry to say but it all sounds dissapointing, along with the runtime :csad:

Thanks for the info Albafan, sorry to say but it all sounds dissapointing, along with the runtime :csad:

Well Ave, all I can say is I enjoyed the hell out of the novel.....and IMO if they can get that to the screen in 95 minutes.....thats cool with me, I'll enjoy the movie as well.....

Still looking forward to it......:yay:

Ok, I got a question...

In the trailer, Reed says, "Everywhere this thing goes, eight days later, the planet dies..."

How do they know? We can't even see Mars that good, let alone across galaxies...

I ask because I know how the FF found out about SS and Galactus in the comics, and I'm hoping for The Watcher to show up...

I finally broke down and bought the novel.

And read 75% of it in the last 2 days.

:( I feel so guilty.

Ok, I got a question...

In the trailer, Reed says, "Everywhere this thing goes, eight days later, the planet dies..."

How do they know? We can't even see Mars that good, let alone across galaxies...

I ask because I know how the FF found out about SS and Galactus in the comics, and I'm hoping for The Watcher to show up...

We also don't have flying cars.

Reed's technology has always been ahead of whatever is current. The FF landed on the moon in issue #13, about seven years ahead of Neal Armstrong. They also visited other planets in other solar systems (if not other galaxies) and the negative zone before then.

I haven't read the novelization but from what I've read from those who have,
don't hold your breath for the Watcher.

But do you like it?!

We also don't have flying cars.

Reed's technology has always been ahead of whatever is current. The FF landed on the moon in issue #13, about seven years ahead of Neal Armstrong. They also visited other planets in other solar systems (if not other galaxies) and the negative zone before then.

I haven't read the novelization but from what I've read from those who have,
don't hold your breath for the Watcher.

Yes, you will definitely have to suspend some disbelief, but, for the most part, the science is stretched much less in this story than the comics . . . and Comic films HAVE to take some liberties or they wouldn't be as fun.

I mean come on . . . Sandman? If audiences can deal with Sandman, they can deal with anything.

As for the Watcher,
no, I don't think we'll see him in this film, but I like that they are building much more mystery than they did in the original story. I think that's an improvement.

That kinda blows. I mean, leaving out Uatu is like...leaving out Alfred...I know that comic movies have taken liberties, but I mean, it seems like a BIG stretch to assume they'd know about SS/Galactus' purpose without some other force involved...
I mean, no giant Galactus, Doom looking like a knock off ( a cheap at that ) of Robocop, no Watcher, it seems kinda like they're gonna pull a Spidey 3 and take way too many liberties with the story...

But, I'll remain open about it until I see it. I still need to go watch the first one, lol, but I'll remain open...

ha ha ha ha! I can't believe you broke down lol. but it's ok bud we understand you have the same problem we all have, a fantastic four "adiction" that has to be fed. So what did you think of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"