Marvel’s First Family Casting Thread

Discussion in 'Fantastic Four' started by Stark Bauer, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

MARVEL’S FIRST FAMILY CASTING THREAD

[​IMG]

Any casting news, rumours, speculation, and fancasts here please.

The consensus based on the majority of results, posts, fancasts, and fan art on the internet:

Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic/“Big Brain”:

John Krasinski
    [​IMG]

Susan Storm/Mrs. Fantastic/The Invisible Woman/“Suzie Q”:

Emily Blunt
    [​IMG]

Johnny Storm/The Human Torch/“Hot Head”:

[​IMG]

Dacre Montgomery

[​IMG]

Benjamin Jacob Grimm. “The ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing”:

[​IMG]

This one is the only pick not based on general consensus. This one is based on gut instinct and some rumors:

Seth Rogen (R) and wife (potential Alicia Masters?)

[​IMG]

#1 Stark Bauer, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Kev4000 likes this.
  2. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I get everyone wants Krasinski and Blunt but I just think it’s such bland casting. Like they could be in any movie. I would still love to see Rahul Kohli as Reed though and I still think Ross Lynch was born to play Johnny

Crimz likes this.
  3. Crimz Registered

Yeah it's so overdone that I'm sick of seeing it.
    Also while I think Blunt is a boring choice, she would do really well in the role. Krasinski on the other hand I'm not so sure he'd be a good Reed tbh.

Silvermoth and Spideem like this.
  4. Crimz Registered

I have a top two choices for each of the FF, one if Marvel wants to change things up and the other looking closer to the 616 team:

Reed

Rahul Kohli
    [​IMG]

Joseph Gordon Levitt - this one has grown on me
    [​IMG]

Sue

Nicole Beharie
    [​IMG]

Evan Rachel Wood
    [​IMG]

Johnny

Chance Perdomo
    [​IMG]

Dacre Montgomery (Only because I don't know a lot of actors the right age and look for Johnny. An unknown would be preferable tbh)

[​IMG]

Ben

Liev Schreiber
    [​IMG]

Seth Rogen - Another choice that has grown on me
    [​IMG]

Silvermoth and MilkmanDan like this.
  5. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

Liev Schreiber is a great choice. He certainly has the voice for it. Both Schreiber and Rogen have done extensive voice work so it will be interesting what type of voice they give to Grimm as the Thing.

If Liev gets the part i hope he does a similar voice to his Kingpin in SpiderMan Into The Spiderverse but taking inspiration from the 67 F4 animated show- the voice was like Rodney Dangerfield and very New York

i think JGL would be pitch perfect as Namor him or Keanu

#5 Stark Bauer, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  6. Boom I got nothin'

Mr. Fantastic - Glenn Howerton
    The Invisible Woman - Jessica Roth
    The Human Torch - Charlie Plummer
    The Thing - Seth Rogan
    Doctor Doom - Tom Pelphrey

Stark Bauer and Speed Force like this.
  7. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Really like the Plummer and Pelphrey suggestions. Plummer was previously up for Spider-Man too

8. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Chance would be such a fun Johnny. I also love the idea of Michael Cimino from Love Victor as Johnny. Imagine him and Ana de Armas as Sue together!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stark Bauer likes this.
  9. zeptron Registered

I think they're popular choices due to the fact that they're married and chemistry off screen can transfer to on screen.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  10. Crimz Registered

I think hair color plays more than people like to admit. If everything was the same but Krasinski was the blond and Blunt the brunette then this fancast would be nowhere near as popular.

11. Frodo Registered

I always find casting a modern day F4 as tougher than it seems. The image I have of them is rooted in the 1950s and 1960s so it's hard for me to really come up with a modern day cast I'm satisfied with.

Even Doctor Doom is pretty tough to fancast imo since he's such a larger than life figure , and I find it's hard to cast an actor who can really measure up to that.

Reed Richards : Robert Stack

[​IMG]

Sue Storm : Grace Kelly
    [​IMG]

Johnny Storm : James Dean
    [​IMG]

Ben Grimm : Ernest Borgnine
    [​IMG]

Doctor Doom: Christopher Lee
    [​IMG]

12. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

In my head this is the FF for right now..

Joseph Gordon Levitt as Reed Richards
    D0A80BB8-E5FD-4F46-B814-63A4D94EC512.jpeg

Anne Hathaway as Susan Storm Richards
    CF8E1057-FB4D-4AA6-8A8E-458762A98711.jpeg

Dacre Montgomery as Johnny Storm
    7B78A62B-8776-47CC-A047-D18E18BE733E.jpeg

Jason Segel as Benjamin J Grimm
    922BAEBF-31A9-42CC-8096-1015A8F4D988.jpeg

13. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Yeah. That's DEFINITELY true. We have a tendency to think that way and it's probably one of the least important casting characteristics.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  14. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

OMG....Grace Kelly. She'd be perfect.

MilkmanDan and Stark Bauer like this.
  15. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

60s FF casting:

Reed Richards: Stephen Boyd

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sue Storm: Elizabeth Montgomery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dr Doom: Christopher Plummer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stark Bauer likes this.
  16. Frodo Registered

Montgomery would have made a good Sue Storm. She had such charm, spunk and personality. Her smile alone would have been the price of admission.

Of course Agnes Moorehead would have to play Agatha Harkness:cwink:. If not her, than Diana Hyland, another great actress who left us way too soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Christopher Plummer would have made a good Doom. At the same time, I think he would have been a perfect fit for a 1960s era Magneto. Michael Fassbender reminds me very much of him.

17. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

right. And they fit the type of actor the MCU is known for - think funny, witty, wise cracking, action star that looks and talks like a regular person, but isn’t a blockbuster star like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise - Krasinski. Kick ass strong fearless female that can also do drama - Blunt. Feige has been itching to cast both for at least a decade and this is the perfect opportunity and perfect roles for both at a perfect time - Marvel only got the rights to F4 back only recently.

18. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

I don’t know about that. If that were the case we would see more demand for run of the mill actors that just happened to have the right hair color. There’s a reason Kevin Feige almost cast Krasinski as Cap (he seemed to be a close hair behind Evans) and Blunt as Black Widow (Emily refused the role). Have you watched The Office? Jack Ryan? The Edge of Tomorrow (Live Die Repeat)? Both of them are more than capable of nailing these roles. Krasinski embodies the character of Reed- naturally. Blunt can do so as well but she is because she is a great actress. You would be hard pressed to find all around better actors that can do comedy drama and action

#18 Stark Bauer, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  19. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I don't think Emily Blunt refused the role of Black Widow. I think she was contractually tied to Gulliver's Travels at the time, which didn't do well anyway and would've been worth getting out of her contract for that to do Avengers or Iron Man 2 instead. I would've much preferred Blunt as Black Widow to ScarJo, or preferred her as that to Sue.

20. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

Very true ScarJo would have been near perfect as Sue and Blunt IS Black Widow. It would be effortless for her to seem intimidating as a femme fatale

#20 Stark Bauer, Mar 3, 2021
  21. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

Frodo- there is an actor who is larger than life who would not only be perfect but would EXCEED all expectations for Doom. Unfortunately the likelihood of him doing a Marvel film is 0.00001% but I will identify him anyway

[​IMG]

the danger in casting a larger than life actor is he will make everyone look stupid and incompetent. That’s why I think they need to choose an actor that would complement the character of Reed. If it turns out to be Krasinski I think Timothy Olyphant (L) would be a great foil to John both as an actor and physically.

Edit: Daniel Day Lewis would be an incredible Magneto and they could get Bryan Cranston as Charles Xavier

[​IMG]

#21 Stark Bauer, Mar 3, 2021
  22. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson would’ve made a great Sue and Reed once upon a time. Hell the way they’re aging they could still do it.
    F5E48D55-5B92-459C-A505-D532222731F0.jpeg

Stark Bauer likes this.
  23. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

is Blunt even a natural blonde? I know I've seen her dye it light for a few roles but thought she seemed more natural with dark hair (not sure what her original hair color is, anymore)

it's call acting.... if you can't have on screen chemistry with someone unless your married to them in real live, too, then they must not be very good at acting

my point is (not arguing their acting ability) but, that it's the fact that they are married an are always pitched as this "package deal" is what bothers me about this fan casting... the role(s) should go to who ever is best for the part not predetermined by who's a couple ... if they both individually auditioned and tested against many other actors/actresses and each happen to have tested the best then I wouldn't be against it

#23 Spider-Fan83, Mar 3, 2021
    Stark Bauer likes this.
  24. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

You forgot to capitalise it and say "it's called ACTING" as everyone always does. :o

25. Frodo Registered

I don't think that will happen just because you have a actor who has a larger than life presence or ability, if the writing is good. The writing will determine whether everyone else comes off foolish, not the actor. I suppose if you having an actor of DDL caliber , you're going to have to find a Reed who can stand toe to toe with him acting wise , but that's what the casting process is for.

The fear is more that the villain could come off looking stupid since , despite the fact that this guy is a commanding presence and dynamic, he still loses to the F4. But with a role like Doom, who's presumably going to be in several different MCU films, I think it would be good if they find an actor who could be compelling enough across multiple franchises, which the other two Dooms have very much lacked.

Stark Bauer likes this.