Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How reliable is this?

Folks, this is step 1 in another DC superhero live action film not named Batman or Superman that will never see the light of day.

I think they only post release date changes that they can get confirmed by the studio, so... reliable

interesting though its far to early to judge the film being released on time or later. Since production hasnt started up yet. And if filming does start any time between sept-nov like starting date is i dont see why it wouldnt be ready for xmas season of next yr. Most films first unit shooting is 4-6months, and then the 5-6 months for post/reshoots and everything else.

...somehow I was expecting this. Since they starting filming so late i expected it.

I think they only post release date changes that they can get confirmed by the studio, so... reliable

Interesting, thanks for posting. Honestly, if this was any other movie I wouldn't think twice but again, a DC live action superhero film not named Batman or Superman. This just makes me begin to fear the worst.

I really liked that December release date too. It was a nice safe date for a character as new as GL. Now GL will have to fight the summer with Thor and Captain America. And doesn't Spider-Man 4 come out in 2011 also?

what will they do next? Finally cast Jack Black as Hal!

Interesting, thanks for posting. Honestly, if this was any other movie I wouldn't think twice but again, a DC live action superhero film not named Batman or Superman. This just makes me begin to fear the worst.
Yeah, and it's not like it's just a random GL date change. Three new release dates for 2010 and 3 new ones for 2011.... they probably got a new schedule from WB.

I don't think this means the movie won't be made, I think it means that WB is giving Campbell more breathing room.

Yeah, and it's not like it's just a random GL date change. Three new release dates for 2010 and 3 new ones for 2011.... they probably got a new schedule from WB.

I don't think this means the movie won't be made, I think it means that WB is giving Campbell more breathing room.

I hope you are right. But damn, this means we have to wait even longer to find out who will be playing GL. :csad:

Yea i say dec is alot safer spot then summer 2011 with all the superhero films coming out then. and really who knows if production start up date could move up earlier from nov. And really nov 09 start and a dec 2010 release date isnt that bad. Like i pointed out 4-6months of production nov-april for shot, and then april-nov for post/reshoots and promotion and release in dec.

I hope you are right. But damn, this means we have to wait even longer to find out who will be playing GL. :csad:
Maybe not. They said filming was delayed until to November a little while ago... this delay could have planned for a while now, and we're just now hearing about it.

Still, I don't think this new date is a great one.

its not a big deal because I knew this was going to happen.

I felt that they were testing the waters with their 2011 release date and were waiting for a response/dates from other studios. Once the dust settled, they moved the release date to 2011. It was bound to happen. Heck it happened to Star Trek. It was suppose to come out in 2008 and got pushed back.

Besides, it'll end the 2010 Battle of the Greens: Green Lantern vs Green Hornet.

oh crap, never thought about those other movies.

Then again, we did get Iron Man, Dark Knight, Hell Boy, Wanted, and Incredible Hulk in 2008 for comic book movie surpreme.

Release a statement that says: "You actually thought we really going to make a live action GL movie?!!? Fooled you!!!"
I half expect that.

And aren't there like 500 f**king comicbook movies scheduled for 2011? Sounds like a BAD MOVE TO ME!

to be honest, i can't see Thor being THAT big anyway. haha.

Yeah, but all of those comic book movies are almost a month apart from each other. Except SM4/Thor

Green Lantern will face Spider-Man 4, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger.

I'm worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back