New Release Date

Why do FOX have to rush this? Why can't they give the crew the time thats needed to make the best movie possible?

In 2004, there were the August 1st rumors, then when we heard nothing people said...August 17, then September, then mid September and people were freaking out.......come to find out from the actors on the commentary, August 1st was the first day of filming for the cast....so who knows.

Mr Sensitive said:
So you've been killing some, lately.

I'm sure we all have.....hopefully as shooting begins we can talk of other things....but for some I doubt that will happen....

I hate when studios predetermine the release date. They should just wait 'til the movie is done and then check where to put it. That's why indies are good.

Rac said:
I hate when studios predetermine the release date. They should just wait 'til the movie is done and then check where to put it. That's why indies are good.

Well they HAVE to do Summer for it to make the serious moolah and I guess they don't want Summer 2008.

Retroman said:
Why do FOX have to rush this? Why can't they give the crew the time thats needed to make the best movie possible?

How do you know they're rushing this. Shooting in June for a movie coming out in June is normal.

liesse00 said:
How do you know they're rushing this. Shooting in June for a movie coming out in June is normal.

For a CGI heavy movie like FF...yes its rushing.

RedIsNotBlue said:
For a CGI heavy movie like FF...yes its rushing.

It's like your picking on the FF, i can think of a boatload of movies that got made in a shorter amount of time, 1st one that comes to mind was last years war of the worlds, it was made in under 6 months from release(which then speilberg went and filmed Munich in 5 months), with the script being written on set, now i don't like WOTW like most people do but making a film that people enjoy with around a year is nothing hard for a company like Fox, X3 took less time than this, and Transformers isnt going to have any more time than this?? It's like your looking for something to make the movie fail.

Dynasty said:
It's like your picking on the FF, i can think of a boatload of movies that got made in a shorter amount of time, 1st one that comes to mind was last years war of the worlds, it was made in under 6 months from release(which then speilberg went and filmed Munich in 5 months), with the script being written on set, now i don't like WOTW like most people do but making a film that people enjoy with around a year is nothing hard for a company like Fox, X3 took less time than this, and Transformers isnt going to have any more time than this?? It's like your looking for something to make the movie fail.

Story has nowhere near the expierience of Spielberg or Bay though

Dynasty said:

Wow how ridiculous. You do know your actually comparing the arguably greatest director of all time to Tim Story?? Spielberg has the time and experience to get projects finished in that amount of time. X3 took less time than this and people are wishing it had more time considering it is well under 2 hours in length and is already having reports of character development issues. Transformers I could give a **** about. Will FF2 fail moneywise?? Not likely. Will it fail yet again qualitywise?? Most likely.

I didn't compare the two directors I was just using examples of movies that got made in short amount of time, the reason why Spielberg can do this?? Munich cost over 75mil in production, you make a movie like Munich for 75mil, anyone can make it that fast with that dough, though there are allot of filmmakers out there who could have made the same movie with 10-20 mil. Like I said I can think of ALOT of movies that have been made in shorter time, and just for the record FF was way better than WOTW in my opinion.

Oh and if you didn’t know a lot of people consider Michael Bay one of the worst directors of all time. So ya I can compare the 2
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000881/board/flat/36619615

Dynasty said:
I didn't compare the two directors I was just using examples of movies that got made in short amount of time, the reason why Spielberg can do this?? Munich cost over 75mil in production, you make a movie like Munich for 75mil, anyone can make it that fast with that dough, though there are allot of filmmakers out there who could have made the same movie with 10-20 mil. Like I said I can think of ALOT of movies that have been made in shorter time, and just for the record FF was way better than WOTW in my opinion.

Oh and if you didn’t know a lot of people consider Michael Bay one of the worst directors of all time. So ya I can compare the 2

You can't compare Bay and Story either no matter what some little forum might say the man has made a billion plus dollars with his movies and the fact is he has experience and Spielberg can do it in that time b/c he's one of the most gifted filmmakers ever,take Duel that he made for TV in 2 weeks on a shoe string,it was so good it got a proper release

Dynasty said:

No need to shout.....LOL....we gotcha!:) :up:

WOTW was actually shot with a fairly new technique...where they did the cgi as they filmed its a time and cost cutter actually...honestly, Story could not do this with his experience...but if rumors are correct....they will be doing some of the cgi as the film...much the same way they did Johnny's cgi...so they may be using some of this technique, but to do an entire movie that way like WOTW, is probably over Story's head....

I'll give the guy another chance....but alot has to be corrected....and bad cgi in numerous areas is one of them...

Personally I don't know why they moved it. I think that Transformers is going to flop.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Personally I don't know why they moved it. I think that Transformers is going to flop.

Well, people are going to have their opinions of why they moved it.....its actually better for both in the long run......no matter which one flopped, both flopped, both did well....both would have lost money going up against each other....

I'm glad F4 moved....it was very apparent that Bay would not move after his childish comments earlier this year.....there would have been no way to save face.....

The real problem is, movies have to claim a spot so early nowadays that anytime they move everyone goes nuts....its a business....it has to be run like a business......they have to make as much money as they can....they have paychecks, insurance, retirement etc.....and for some reason people tend to forget that....and a good portion of their money is being made in that opening weekend....with illegal downloads and whatnot the business has changed.....so you pick a good opening.....hope for good legs, and hit the stores with DVD as soon as possible....thats the movie world now.....we may not like it.....but thats reality. So the argument of "we were here first, and we aren't moving" really has to be left to children, and the business aspect has to be given more priority. We can call it confidence, no confidence whatever.....but it will do better away from Transformers whether Transformers is a flop, hit, indifferent.

JMAfan said:
Well, people are going to have their opinions of why they moved it.....its actually better for both in the long run......no matter which one flopped, both flopped, both did well....both would have lost money going up against each other....

I'm glad F4 moved....it was very apparent that Bay would not move after his childish comments earlier this year.....there would have been no way to save face.....

The real problem is, movies have to claim a spot so early nowadays that anytime they move everyone goes nuts....its a business....it has to be run like a business......they have to make as much money as they can....they have paychecks, insurance, retirement etc.....and for some reason people tend to forget that....and a good portion of their money is being made in that opening weekend....with illegal downloads and whatnot the business has changed.....so you pick a good opening.....hope for good legs, and hit the stores with DVD as soon as possible....thats the movie world now.....we may not like it.....but thats reality. So the argument of "we were here first, and we aren't moving" really has to be left to children, and the business aspect has to be given more priority. We can call it confidence, no confidence whatever.....but it will do better away from Transformers whether Transformers is a flop, hit, indifferent.

They moved it for purly finanical reasons. And that's cool.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
I think that Transformers is going to flop.

I think the same.

JMAfan I didn’t mean to shout, my apologizes just seems like people are creating a negative buzz on this film for something to do.

Dynasty said:
I think the same.

JMAfan I didn’t mean to shout, my apologizes just seems like people are creating a negative buzz on this film for something to do.

No one is creating any negative buzz,we were just pointing out that experience counts,im hoping for the best for F4/2

The Island $35,799,026
Bad Boys II $138,540,870
Pearl Harbor $198,539,855
Armageddon $201,578,182
The Rock $134,069,511
Bad Boys $65,647,413
Total Grosses: $774,174,857

The Fantastic Four made more than all except for 2, so Hunter by those terms i can also compare the 2.

Hey i hope for the best 2, i just expect it as well, i'm not looking to argue i just want people to be excited for the movie and not bash it when we dont even know who the bad guy is yet.

Dynasty said:
The Island $35,799,026
Bad Boys II $138,540,870
Pearl Harbor $198,539,855
Armageddon $201,578,182
The Rock $134,069,511
Bad Boys $65,647,413
Total Grosses: $774,174,857

The Fantastic Four made more than all except for 2, so Hunter by those terms i can also compare the 2.

I was talking experience plus you would have to adjust for inflation since some of those movies are ten years old

Dynasty said:
Hey i hope for the best 2, i just expect it as well, i'm not looking to argue i just want people to be excited for the movie and not bash it when we dont even know who the bad guy is yet.

No one is bashing it,concern is valid and not unjust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"