Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

That would be my guess.

They could even throw in the whole origin backstory there, of Ko Rel, the female Kree captain who was part of the Nova Corps and got backstabbed by a certain green-skinned Amazon who shall remain nameless (*koff*gamora*koff*), and her spirit then was absorbed into Worldmind. That whole story arc was the doings of DnA, too, so there's definitely a GOTG connection there. (And if it's from the same story arc, does that mean we can look for The Phalanx as the cannon-fodder baddies in this movie?)

All of this flood of info is starting to make sense now. As Worldmind, Glenn Close would be more or less the "police chief" of the Nova Corps. And the spec that Lee Pace is actually playing Richard Rider begins to make a lot more sense, too ---- they said he's being groomed for a spinoff movie, and he's a "bad guy" who becomes a good guy. If you don't take "bad guy" so literally, and just assume that the rumors mean he's an antagonist to Quill and the Guardians, it looks more and more like cops 'n' robbers in outer space, with the "robbers" (GOTG) being the sympathetic characters, and the Nova Corps playing ruthless and determined cops.

I am here for all of this. Marvel has been pretty flawfree in their casting decisions.

But damn, I love me some Glenn Close. She's a total believable badass.

Also, if it gets me a Lee Pace Marvel franchise....

3051083-2091416381-shut-.jpg

Maybe Close is Queen Adora? The queen of Xandar. She has full control over the Corps. Adora is much younger in the comics but maybe they think it's more realistic to make her older.

Maybe Close is Queen Adora? The queen of Xandar. She has full control over the Corps. Adora is much younger in the comics but maybe they think it's more realistic to make her older.

Nah, Adora would be just another typical Amazon princess superheroine type, and we've already got one named Gamora. It's far more interesting and unique to introduce a leader character who is a disembodied semi-spiritual AI calling the shots for the Corps.

Oh my god I love Glenn close! I'm so excited marvel can get someone of her caliber! Do you reckon when she gets a job she yells "this has just been Closed" and then storms out, breaks something and makes out with a hot guy?

By the way, am I the only one who pictured this when I heard the news?

XVtagao.jpg

I imagined something like that as well. Centurion Nova Prime role.

I think someone mentioned this earlier but I feel pretty confident Close will be playing someone like this.
glenn-close-guardians-galaxy.jpg

That would be my guess.

They could even throw in the whole origin backstory there, of Ko Rel, the female Kree captain who was part of the Nova Corps and got backstabbed by a certain green-skinned Amazon who shall remain nameless (*koff*gamora*koff*), and her spirit then was absorbed into Worldmind. That whole story arc was the doings of DnA, too, so there's definitely a GOTG connection there. (And if it's from the same story arc, does that mean we can look for The Phalanx as the cannon-fodder baddies in this movie?)

All of this flood of info is starting to make sense now. As Worldmind, Glenn Close would be more or less the "police chief" of the Nova Corps. And the spec that Lee Pace is actually playing Richard Rider begins to make a lot more sense, too ---- they said he's being groomed for a spinoff movie, and he's a "bad guy" who becomes a good guy. If you don't take "bad guy" so literally, and just assume that the rumors mean he's an antagonist to Quill and the Guardians, it looks more and more like cops 'n' robbers in outer space, with the "robbers" (GOTG) being the sympathetic characters, and the Nova Corps playing ruthless and determined cops.

I was hoping maybe Lee Pace would be playing Adam Warlock, but your scenario would be equally awesome.

Although, I still hope Warlock pops up at some point, because i'd rather he be involved in an Infinity Guantlet storyline, when or if they decide to do one.

If Thanos w/ IG isn't in TA2, i hope all of Marvel's Phase 3 franchises (the Avengers, GotG, Dr. Strange) culminate in an uber-crossover Infinity Gauntlet saga. Whether that is what TA3 will be or is a separate movie, i don't care either way as long as they do one :p. Additionally, I think an IG storyline is epic enough that if they decide to do it as a 2-parter coming out in consecutive years, i wouldn't mind. I think the individual actors that have multi-film options on their contracts wouldn't mind this either, as they would effectively be killing two birds with one stone--fulfilling 2 films on their contracts with just one stretch of filming.

I think someone mentioned this earlier but I feel pretty confident Close will be playing someone like this.
I posted the same pic one page ago. When I read "head of nova corps" I pictured that alien too.

I posted the same pic one page ago. When I read "head of nova corps" I pictured that alien too.
Yeah I knew someone posted that. I think its more likely she'll play that character than Worldmind

Funny if the Green Lantern "rip-off" gets it right, unlike the GL movie itself. :meanie:

I still Pace will be Warlock/Magus

Funny if the Green Lantern "rip-off" gets it right, unlike the GL movie itself. :meanie:

I thought of that too especially after all those people complaining that Quicksilver got a movie before the Flash did

I would like to point out that Glen Close is A-list, Six-Time Academy award nominated actress. Anyone who said "Marvel wasn't necessarily going to use A-list talent" or "having prestige actors doesn't matter to Marvel" can start apologizing to me...now.

Something to take into consideration re: Close; her role is apparently going to be the cosmic equivalent to SLJ's Nick Fury. Is there a comic character who fits that description?

I would like to point out that Glen Close is A-list, Six-Time Academy award nominated actress. Anyone who said "Marvel wasn't necessarily going to use A-list talent" or "having prestige actors doesn't matter to Marvel" can start apologizing to me...now.

yeah but no one, I repeat, no one is going to see GotG because Glenn Close is in it...

Glenn Close better not boil Rocket Raccoon in a saucepan. :argh:

yeah but no one, I repeat, no one is going to see GotG because Glenn Close is in it...

I would, and I'm part of the film's 'niche audience' (comic book/Sci-Fi fans); I guarantee that Close's involvement will be a factor in getting some members of the general audience to go see the movie.

I would, and I'm part of the film's 'niche audience' (comic book/Sci-Fi fans); I guarantee that Close's involvement will be a factor in getting some members of the general audience to go see the movie.

Yeah I get people will say hey, Glenn Close is in this movie, that's neat. But I don't think that would make anyone want to go see the movie solely on her being in it herself. The casting doesn't raise or lower my anticipation for the film (it's already pretty high haha), I mean she is Cruela De'ville and Kala from Tarzan so she's awesome in that regard. Glad to see Marvel getting such a wide range of stars both old and new and even some out of left field for their movies, in which all parts generally end up working.

I wanna see Cillian Murphey in the MCU.. someone important read this and make it happen!!

Last edited:
Really Kang? Your memory must be foggy because nobody ever said they weren't going to hire A-list talent or that hiring prestige actors doesn't matter. What I said is that it's not the FOCUS, and it will never be the focus as long as Feige's in charge. The casting of Glenn Close didn't change anything and I stand by what I said. James Gunn himself has echoed this sentiment. If he couldn't find someone with a big name to fill whatever role Glenn Close has then he would have hired the next best person for the role, whether they be a big name or not.

As a matter of fact, I consider both Zoe Saldana and John C. Reilly to be big name actors, so if I've somehow been disproved then I was disproved a looong time ago when they hired Saldana. I'm very to happy to have all these actors on board because I know they'll bring all of my favorite cosmic characters to life.

Nobody's going to see GotG for any of the actors in the movie so far, except maybe the recent casting if Gillan who will bring in a lot of "Whovians" with her. People will see this movie because it's a Marvel movie.

Last edited:
Cillian Murphy as Moon Knight

would he be a good Moon Knight? I don't know much about many comic characters haha. also, awesome username, I just watched the entire series these last 2 weeks.

Nobody's going to see GotG for any of the actors in the movie so far, except maybe the recent casting if Gillan who will bring in a lot of "Whovians" with her. People will see this movie because it's a Marvel movie.

I'm actually most excited to see Chris Pratt, No matter who was cast in that role I'd still be pumped to see it, but him getting cast made me much more excited.

would he be a good Moon Knight? I don't know much about many comic characters haha. also, awesome username, I just watched the entire series these last 2 weeks.

I don't think he would. Cillian Murphy is like a more effeminate version of Tom Welling. Moon Knight is a tougher character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"