Ryan Gosling as Star-Lord

6h7us7.jpg

Gemma Arterton as Gamora

29xzw3k.jpg

Joe Manganiello as Drax

2vl1us9.jpg

Armie Hammer as Adam Warlock/ Adam Magus

2i6huzo.jpg

Currently reevaluating Groot, Rocket and Thanos...and if I want to go based on voice or based on actor, and the degree of Mocap/ prosthetics/ cgi.

I would Love to see Joe play drax, he's my fourth cousin!

He was campaigning for Nova last I heard. He'd actually be a good fot there IMO.

My current cast would be something like this

Star Lord-James Marsden he was on the list and we've not heard anything one way or the other on him and no mention of him in DoFP as far as I know and he was my initial favorite.

Drax-Most fan casts have 1 of 4 choices here, The Rock, Joe M, Vin, or Momoa. I'd be fine with any of them but I want to go a little different here so how about Terry Crews?

Gamora-Jamie Chung or Alexandra Daddario

Adam Warlock/Magus-Alexander Skarsgaard

Rocket racoon-John "bender" Dimaggio

Groot-not picky

Phyla (should she ever appear)-Amanda Seyfried

Nova-Scott Porter

Thanos-prosthetics enhanced by cgi ala Hellboy not sure who but I'd put a "name" to add star power alothough whenever I read Thanos I always imagined a voice similar to Goliath from Gargoyles

Any word on Nova? I thought he was just rumored.

As for Thanos. I never pictured a monsterous voice, Goliath's is good. Just a bit more raspy, and a bit more like, intellectual

ahhh keith david! his voice is amazing
Plus he could totally pull off creepy and intimidating
He'd be a great Thanos

I would Love to see Joe play drax, he's my fourth cousin!

Any word on Nova? I thought he was just rumored.

As for Thanos. I never pictured a monsterous voice, Goliath's is good. Just a bit more raspy, and a bit more like, intellectual

tell your 4th cousin he should be playing Hercules lol

imagine him and Hemsworth squaring off

joe is a great choice he is due to play a super hero of some sort

Oh man Joe would own as Marvel's Hercules in a future Avengers film!

I liked the suggestion of Mila Kunis for Gamora. You go with Kunis and someone like Krasinski or Lee Pace for Quill and you've the start to a pretty nice cast.

My Gamora shortlist would be:

Adrianna Palicki
Emily Blunt
Gemma Arerton
Mila Kunis
Olivia Wilde

I think Olivia ends up as :ww: should JL get made. Otherwise I like your list and would just add Daddario and Jamie Chung

I think Olivia ends up as :ww: should JL get made. Otherwise I like your list and would just add Daddario and Jamie Chung

I know we have no confirmation that Mantis will ever see the big screen, but I'd rather save Chung for Mantis.

She'd be good as Mantis too. She's young, hot, a decent actress, is good with action and I want to see her in a superhero role

@jaqua99

Awhile ago when Marvel announced their proposed phase 3 films, they included Nova. GotG just seems the logical place to introduce him, or at least the Nova Corps

She'd be good as Mantis too. She's young, hot, a decent actress, is good with action and I want to see her in a superhero role

@jaqua99

Awhile ago when Marvel announced their proposed phase 3 films, they included Nova. GotG just seems the logical place to introduce him, or at least the Nova Corps

I think she's almost too perfect for Mantis to waste on Gamora personally.

Not to be offensive, but something about the idea of two green skin Asiatic female warriors on the same team would be a little redundant. I sort of feel like casting her as Gamora might preclude Mantis a bit.

Ali's getting a little long in the tooth, but I guess with some make-up it could work.

Very true. I just keep seeing that same pic of Gamora above and that smirk reminds me of her.

plus her chest is way too small for Gamora.

Star Lord - Nathan Fillion
Rocket Racoon - Simon Pegg
Drax - Joe Manganiello
Gamorra - Gina Carano
Warlock - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Bug - Doug Jones
Mantis - Lexa Doig
Moondragon - Summer Glau
Phyla-Vell - Abbie Cornish
Cosmo - Konstantin Khabenskiy

I am surprised about the Mila Kunis suggestions. I love her, but I just don't know if I would pin her as a superhero woman, has she been in anything that would suggest she could play a superhero?

Have any of them ever been pegged as superheroes before they were cast?

Any excuse to get Kunis painted green via CG or makeup and in a flimsy outfit is perfectly kosher.

According to LR Marvel is going after Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler for unspecified roles. God help us.

eh, I wouldnt be so negative, think about Jim Carrey voicing Rocket..

tumblr_lrcpjtPI9n1qglmq3o1_500.gif

I get the impression it's Groot for Jim Carrey since he could do more with a character like that...plus has voice acting and motion capture experience (A Christmas Carol).. also has a bit of cred for having a supporting role in Kick-Ass 2.. remember he can act just watch Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind..

tumblr_m6ct79rMIg1qh0qluo1_500.gif

Adam Sandler has a very known voice even more so when he get's angry.. I feel like he might be our Rocket Raccoon.. loved him in Punch-Drunk Love wished he took more dramatic roles after that instead of what he's done recently..

tumblr_lzmmshe4Vg1qf51cbo1_500.gif

btw Tarantino originally wanted Sandler to play Donny in Inglorious Basterds..

not really on board with the new names in the running for Star-Lord that they also list (Wes Bentley, Chris Lowell, and Cam Gigandet).. they're really at the bottom of barrel with those guys..

IMG_1443-600x400.jpg

however.. Chris Lowell might be decent enough with supporting roles in Veronica Mars, The Help (alongside Emma Stone and Jessica Chastain) and Up In The Air..If you want a Levi-type for Quill he's your best bet plus they have a history hiring actors with the name Chris for their leads hehe :)

tumblr_m85d7mccOb1r8udtyo1_500.gif

tumblr_m327o5fci91rst0m5o1_500.gif

tumblr_m6m76scBqF1qbi1f7o1_500.gif

emma-stone-chris-lowell.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"