Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sawyer High King

Vin is so Wanda. :o

2. Norrin Parker Majestor of the Shi'ar

Based on the Iron Giant, He may not be a bad choice for Groot.

3. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Alright! *clabs hands once then rubs them together* I'm ready for some big news, for anything regarding this movie

4. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Moondragon! :cmad:

It's obvious.

5. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

6. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

as cliche as it sounds, if they ever do cast the rock in one of these movies, i think gladiator would be best, few lines, just physical. maybe they went with vin instead.

7. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Looking realistically at the Vin Diesel casting angle, I seriously doubt it would be for a character in CATWS, TDW, or even GOTG, as all of those are already in production. It's *possible* that they'd ask him to be a character to added into, say, GOTG later this year in the shoot, but it sounds like casting is already locked for that movie.

Instead, I'd say that Marvel is looking at him for a character for Avengers 2, Ant-Man, or Dr. Strange, or a TBA Phase III movie.

Either way, I don't think Marvel and Vin would come to terms at all. Vin costs a helluva lot of money, is too busy to sign multi-pic deals, and would definitely want a headliner role, and there's just not a lot of headliner roles left in the MCU he'd be interested in. Except maybe Luke Cage, if you want to piss off everybody and go for an actor who's not "fully" black (as per the inexplicable fancasting for Duane Johnson in Cage's role).

8. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

that bald head would be good for ronan

9. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

remember when Vin Diesel posted a picture of the vision from his twitter??...

10. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Facebook.
    But yeah, he did. No idea why.

He wouldn't be my first choice to play the synthezoid, but hell, he's pretty robotic in his acting, so I guess....? :shrug: Just doesn't seem like the Billy Badass characters he's used to playing.

11. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I always thought Lee Pace would be a good Vision. But since he's attached to Guardians now, I guess that's out of the question.

And before Bautista, the only role I would've really accepted Diesel for is Drax. Vin Diesel isn't a great actor; I hope whatever role he's is in either minimal or is a physical role that doesn't take a whole lot of dialogue.

12. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

which is why I am nervous as **** about this news lol

13. VulcanVader Registered

What character does Marvel think Diesel is more fitted for than DRAX???
    lol

14. SuperSAINT Where's Chewy gone?

Would have to be Thanos wouldn't it?

15. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I really, *really* hope it's not Thanos. Thanos isn't a meathead. Whoever plays him needs to be an OUTSTANDING actor. Thanos needs to convey divinity. Omnipotence. Omniscience. Immortality. It's not a *physical* role, it's a *mental* one.

Roles I could actually see for Vin would be Kingpin, Luke Cage (yeah, I know --- needs someone "blacker"), Skurge the Executioner, any member of The Wrecking Crew, Absorbing Man, Ben Grimm (if he wasn't at Fox), or Drax. And I don't see Vin being interested in too many of those roles. He wants to headline, not be somebody's sidekick or flunky.

16. OB12 Registered

I'd be highly skeptical that Marvel would cast Vin Diesel just for his voice, that would seem to be a waste of a good action star. Villain seems to make the most sense but Thanos doesn't really seem like a great fit, but maybe Skurge or Baron Mordo.

17. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Who said it was a Marvel Studios movie?

18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Marvel should've gotten Diesel for Drax instead of Bautista. Would've also looked a more impressive cast with just that name switch.

19. spideymouse Registered

What other types of movies does Marvel Studios make?

20. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I think the cast is pretty impressive as it is. Glenn Close and John C. Reilly? Those are two huge names. Then there are people whose names aren't as recognizable, but have pretty big followings from what they've done, Chris Pratt and Lee Pace.

It may be Bautista's first movie, but I'm pretty sure Diesel wouldn't be able to bring anything to it that Bautista couldn't. So I'm all for giving the new guy a shot, which probably saved the studio a ton of money as well.

21. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Just to clarify, it's not Bautista's first movie.

22. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

I meant that it could still be for Fox or Sony. He didn't' say Marvel studios were requesting a meeting, he said Marvel were. To him and pretty much everyone reading his posts all Marvel heroes are under the same banner.

I think he'd make a pretty good Ben Grimm.

23. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Wouldn't it be Sony or Fox calling him in if that were the case? Marvel doesn't have casting influence on the other studios as far as I know.

24. MadVillainy C'mon Son

GOTG now opening against 50 Shades of Grey

25. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Maybe, I'm not sure. It wouldn't get as much exposure if he wrote 'P.S. Sony calling for a meeting' or that Fox was. No one would really pay any attention. Saying Marvel, whichever studio it is, will spike interest.

On a more GotG-related note, does anyone think the movie now going up against 50 Shades of Grey will mean it gets pushed back a week or two, or vice versa for Grey?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.