Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

[YT]3MMMe1drnZY[/YT]
:atp:

I asked in the other thread why did Kurt Russell morph into a present-day David Hasselhoff?

Peter Quill was taken during the 1980s around the time of Knight Rider. He doesn't know what the Hoff of 2017 looks like. Wouldn't he wonder why he's an old man now? Shouldn't he have morphed into the Hoff of the 80s with the bigger hair and who looks much younger?

Quill doesn't even know about Baywatch.

And Ego hasn't visited Earth since the 80s, presumably, since after the time Quill's mother died. He shouldn't know what the Hoff looks like today.

They could have used their de-aging technology to de-age Hasselhoff like they did for Kurt Russell.

Sounds like Nova might not be off the table.
http://www.cbr.com/richard-rider-nova-mcu/

Gunn’s reply was promising. “Yes, definitely. Nova comes up occasionally as someone we might use,” he revealed. “One of the things I’m doing with creating Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, it will take place after the next two Avengers movies, and it will help to set up the next 10-20 years of Marvel movies. It’s going to really expand the cosmic universe. We’re going to be setting up new characters. It will be the last movie of this version of the Guardians of the Galaxy.”

Picked up my first 4K Blu-Ray today of this film today.

Has it ever been stated exactly what planets we see transforming at the end of the movie? Besides Earth of course. I think I saw Xandar, but I didn't pause the movie to try to figure what planets were shown -- if indeed they are known planets from Marvel lore.

Thanks!

Picked this up on DVD, can't get enough of it. Love this movie.

Still wish Yondu hadn't died, but the way they did it made it worthwhile - such a Kick Ass character ! We'll miss him in vol 3.

tumblr_ovpmlrIsNL1sc0ffqo2_540.gif

tumblr_ovpmlrIsNL1sc0ffqo3_540.gif

tumblr_ovpmlrIsNL1sc0ffqo1_540.gif

Same here, looking forward to seeing how good the quality of the transfer is.

Same here, just ordered it today. I don't actually have a 4K player or TV, but figured while you get a BD with them, I would try and get ahead of the curve.

Looks spectacular. Next 2 are WW and Spider-Man HC.

Finally got to see this because I missed it when it was in the theater. Watched my blu ray copy today, I absolutely loved it. Love it just as much as th first Guardians. So glad we have someone like Gunn back again for the third film. These films are so much fun and have great humor, but they also have a ton of heart. The ending to this film was very emotional so many feels just wow. And of course an amazing soundtrack, and that final song :csad: I adore the guardians films they're definitely among my favorites in the MCU. Bring on Vol. 3

I'll be watching this on repeat for quite a while lol.

:hehe: despite my disappointment at the lack of action he got, Drax was great in this.

Yep, looking forward to what he gets to do in Infinity War. Can imagine some great interactions planned.

Yep, looking forward to what he gets to do in Infinity War. Can imagine some great interactions planned.

Yeah I hope he gets some action as well this time though. Would love a Thanos vs Drax moment.

Yeah I hope he gets some action as well this time though. Would love a Thanos vs Drax moment.
He could be one of those who charges in early and gets splatted before they see how powerful Thanos is (although Drax might have a better clue than others).

He could be one of those who charges in early and gets splatted before they see how powerful Thanos is (although Drax might have a better clue than others).

Possibly, would love to see Kronos get involved to give him a power boost.

So...the movie got an Oscar nod for Visual Effects. There's that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"