Iron Man 3 Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're clearly not happy with what was done in the movie, and that's fine. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. I did enjoy it though, and I know it. :oldrazz:

Please don't apologize to that guy.

Seriously "Watch this review that will tell you why your opinion is wrong?"

Really?

I am right there with you my friend.

The fact that I can't see MoS in IMAX without 3D angers me to so much. :cmad:

I think it's annoying too. I can do 3D, but I'd rather just have the IMAX without the 3D.

[BLACKOUT]I was completely fine with the prodigal son defeating Mandarin, but ya the Pepper part was over the top and kinda unnecessary [/BLACKOUT]

Yeah,
ending the fight at the Mark 42 blowing him up would've been absolutely perfect... Then they had to go ruin it. :csad:

Doesn't give you the right to jump in. You know how this works by now.

you must not Mod the Iron Man forums much lol.. it's been very hostile here the past week or so :D .. but we're all friends

It's an open discussion, isn't it?

Did I break a rule?

Oh, for god's sake.... :doh:

Do not be obnoxious and tell people who they should or shouldn't respond to. Everyone has a right to express their opinions, regardless of whether or not you agree with that opinion.

It's not that difficult.

Didn't we already have a poll?

I wonder the things that make you laugh.. must be a dry humor type of guy not a fast/jerk/quick quip humor type of guy lol

You got me pegged, dry humor is the best. And the henchman that went [blackout]"Honestly, I don't even like working with these guys, they're so weird."[/blackout]

That's comedy gold. IMO

But Tony in IM1 still had a lot of serious moments. I particularly like when he was finetuning his glove and listening to the report about the attacks in Gulmira. His expression and realizing that he has to do something. THat stuff to me is just more important and interesting than joking about everything to everyone. It needs to be balanced properly.

That also makes it so that if and when he does start quipping, you enjoy it more. But this is a personal feeling.

You got me pegged, dry humor is the best. And the henchman that went [blackout]"Honestly, I don't even like working with these guys, they're so weird."[/blackout]

That's comedy gold. IMO

I forgot about that part! very funny lol. I do understand how snarky one-liners get old pretty quick though.

I was so unsure as to where to place IM3 right after its viewing. Now that i have watched it for a while, i can say its on par with IM, comes real close to avengers. The movie had potential to be the best and beat avengers and didn't reach it, and that is my only gripe.

I would say that's my only gripe too. I think the movie had potential to be the best of the MCU, but it didn't quite get there. I still think the movie was great though, and I'm not disappointed at all to still call The Avengers my favorite movie of the MCU.

That's comedy gold. IMO

Wow I thought that was one of the bad ones, [BLACKOUT]along with Rhodey's reaction to the fire breathing. I mean did that ever come back or was it only there for a joke. [/BLACKOUT]

Wow I thought that was one of the bad ones, [BLACKOUT]along with Rhodey's reaction to the fire breathing. I mean did that every come back or was it only there for a joke. [/BLACKOUT]

I liked both of those.

Actually, I got a kick out of Happy being a Downton Abbey fan. :funny:

Whatever, if you're cool with allowing someone to outright dismiss another posters opinion like that then more power to you.

I advised Leenie to ignore a post by someone who was more than happy to write his/her post off in much the same manner as you're doing to me. I didn't "tell" anyone to do anything.

Last edited:
8/10 There is so much I don't understand about the route they took with this film.

I don't understand why they chose to bastardize Iron Man's arch villain. And the brilliant actor that played him.

I don't understand why War Machine wasn't allowed to look like War Machine, why Rhodey and Tony were forced to resort to using handguns.

I don't understand why Killian (probably Tony's least threatening villain) was turned into his most threatening villain for little to no reason. Unless you are M Night Shyamalan.

I don't understand why the Ten Rings, after three films of hype, is just a freaking myth/fabrication/nothing. So cheap.

I don't understand why Joss Whedon praised this film so greatly. When, after a year's wait, it wasn't even in The Avengers league. I will not be seeing this 6 times in theaters. Probably not even a second time.

I don't understand why Shane Black turned this into a cross between Lethal Weapon and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. And I think I would've preferred Jon Favreau.
NOT a great movie. But a good movie nonetheless. I did like a few things:

I liked Harley. He was probably one of the most standout points of this film. And all the scenes he was in.

I liked the suits. Even though they decided to blow them all up! WTF.

I did like the Armor vs Extremis dynamic. It was fun to watch.

I liked the after credits sequence. Though I know that wasn't Black's doing, but Joss Whedon and/or Kevin Feige's charm.

I'm still trying to decide whether I liked it more or less than Iron Man 2. (Which, before you crucify me, I didn't hate as much as most people do)

Wow I thought that was one of the bad ones, [BLACKOUT]along with Rhodey's reaction to the fire breathing. I mean did that ever come back or was it only there for a joke. [/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]
I think Killian forgot he had that power in the final fight.
[/BLACKOUT]

It was alright. The action was a bit repetitive though… [blackout]was disappointed with the Mandarin not being the Mandarin. Why include the character at all if he’s just a red herring?[/blackout]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"