Official The Ultimates Thread - Part 1

I realized that no one else had made a poll for this, so PLEASE do not merge this with the other Ultimates traitor thread. Just vote, and say why. I voted for Cap.

I know nobody posts here for a while but i read Ultimates 1 and 2 and in the end the ultimates seemed to be ready to rename themselves the avengers as they stoped working for SHIELD, by the way, did Captain America just kill a 17 year old?

Well yeah the Liberator's leader seemed to be a teenager made super soldier, but more or less yeah.

Nah the Ultimates didn't rename themselves, Jeph Loeb carried horribly the Mark Millar ideas and the Ultimates pretty much came back to working for SHIELD lol. Avengers is the codename for Nick Fury's Black Ops team, think Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Black Widow.

Still it seemed like they would rename themselves as the avengers didn't it?
Does that happen in Ultimate comics: Avengers?

No, the final chapter in Ultimates was just called "the Avengers" since the Ultimates went to Avenge and defeat the Liberators.

The Avengers are Nick Fury's Black Ops unit, Ultimates are the daytime hero team.

No, the final chapter in Ultimates was just called "the Avengers" since the Ultimates went to Avenge and defeat the Liberators.

The Avengers are Nick Fury's Black Ops unit, Ultimates are the daytime hero team.
Seems like my hunch may have been correct because acording to Mark Millar's talk about War Heroes and his original plans for Ultimates 3:
Mark Millar said:
"We’ve described this book as our Ultimates 3… all the stuff you can’t really get away with in a shared universe or a PG book… and I very much see it as the third act in a trilogy.
Ultimates 1 was about the America getting super-soldiers, Ultimates 2 was about the world getting nervous and fighting back against the idea, only to be defeated by America and War Heroes (Ultimates 3 in a sense) is all about America then getting very aggressive in her foreign policy and just taking over the entire Middle East. I wanted to split Ultimates into two books, one being Ultimate Avengers where the traditional heroes fought Ultimate Kang and so on. The other would have been Ultimates 3 where Fury’s super-powered troops would be in tens of thousands and just out there fighting the good fight, as controversial as that would have been. But considering Congress gets bombed on page two it was clear this wouldn’t work in a shared universe (even the Ultimate universe) and so I came up with War Heroes to finish this story."
So the Ultimate Avengers title would have been about the heroes Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, etc which means that with them now going independent they would have changed their names to Avengers, while Nick Fury would have assembled a new Ultimates team with super powered troops.

I liked this idea and i think it would have been the logical next step as after The Ultimates 2 i thought they were going to rename themselves as The Avengers, but seems like Loeb didn't share this thought and kept the team's name as Ultimates, so when Millar returned he seems to have decided to use the "Avengers" as a Black ops team instead.

I just finished reading The Ultimates 1 and 2 for the first time. I know I'm late to the pitchfork party, but it was hard for me to believe how much I disliked the characters. Everyone was an ***hole, including Cap. The whole team kept using terms like "idiot," "moron," and "******ed" like they were getting royalties for each utterance.

ME NO GUSTA

It's a shame, too, because I really liked the stories themselves. It's too bad the characters weren't anyone I'd want to cheer for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"