The Immortal Iron Fist Thread - Part 1

Why the hell doesnt Aja have a steady gig? Better yet, why isn't he drawing an Ironfist book?!!!

The only problem I have with Aja is that he sometimes traces his own panels (which is better than other things like Land does in nearly every panel) but I can get over that because of how good he is.

Hell, I'll take him drawing a Shang-Chi book...

It would be a great two issues until Marcel cancelled it.

Which is about all my wallet could afford so I'd be down with that :up:

It would be a great two issues until Marcel cancelled it.

Isn't it a shame that this is what its come to? How this market can't support anything other than spiderman/x-men/avengers? Even if we could get Aja drawing an ironfist book, how long would it realistically last? I'm assuming the sales on his last ongoing weren't very good.

Fat Cobra was in Wolverine and the X-Men #19 :D

fatcobra.jpg

Last edited:
Fraction got a hold of Iron Fist again for "Defenders", then killed the Immortal Weapons, then negated their deaths. So, there's the big upside to "Defenders" getting cancelled.

Yeah, Fraction writing Iron Fist again was what drew me to Defenders. Man, what a disappointment that was.

It was a horrible book. I regret reading all 12 issues of it. And it could have all been avoided and I would have missed out on nothing.

Glad to see that the Immortal Weapons' deaths were undone.

Where will iron fist and Luke cage be in marvel now?

I knew to avoid Defenders just because Fraction was writing. That guy has fallen so far.

I knew to avoid Defenders just because Fraction was writing. That guy has fallen so far.

Hawkeye's been good, and I enjoyed the first issue of his Fantastic Four. But he's definitely hit or miss. And a lot of miss lately.

I've been buying Iron Fist comics and storing them in my comics filing cabnet under the Iron Fist name. It actually reads fairly well as a continuation of the Immortal Iron Fist. The only real errors are whether or not he's a billionaire working with Rand Enterprises or if he's broke and running a dojo for kids. That annoys me some but I can get over it.

In case anyone wants to continue the adventures of Danny Rand in a reading order that's best for Iron Fist fans I'll list it below. Danny's not always in every issue but it's there for a reason.

Immortal Weapons 1-5
Thunderbolts 137
Deadpool Team-Up 886
Shadowland: Power Man 1-4 (you can also add Shadowland proper since Danny's a decent roll there)
New Avengers (vol. 2) 1-6
I Am An Avengers 1 (Danny story)
Heroes for Hire 1-5
Power Man and Iron Fist 1-5
Iron Man 2.0 5-7 (note... this story has a big reveal about Danny that's never been followed up on regarding New Avengers 1-6, so it might be ignore worthy if nothing comes of it, but the story is good at least)

Hawkeye's been good, and I enjoyed the first issue of his Fantastic Four. But he's definitely hit or miss. And a lot of miss lately.

I'd give his F4 a shot, but Hickman kinda soured me on the franchise for a little while.

Hickman's awesomeness soured me on the thought of anyone else touching the Fantastic Four for a while.

I've not read FF since Waid... but Fraction's just soured me.

I ordered the pint of lemon, lime and why'd-they-have-to-crush-my-dreams-by-ending-Immortal-Ironn-Fist-and-Moon-Knight's-ongoings-bitterness.

I'm bitter over Ghost Rider's treatment as a whole the last few years. Does that count?

I keep thinking that I'm going to read that run of Ghost Rider with his hunting down Lucifer and the whole angel thing. I think that just sounds interesting as can be.

Now granted, I've never been a huge fan of the character so I don't have much to cling to. I sorta liked Danny Katch during his early days but not enough to care if things change... and I hear they did.

Jason Aaron's run on Ghost Rider was gold and highly underrated.I think its some of his best work.I stopped following Iron Fist, after Immortal ended as I didn't want to read Bendis's Avengers.I also didn't buy Defenders because Fraction burned me on Uncanny X-men.I won't be trying him out anytime soon.Honestly I'm surprised they didn't take Marvel Now! as an opportunity to launch an Avengers for Hire book including Iron Fist,Cage and a few other guys who are currently not being used like Moon Knight.I think it would be a nice concept.

Jason Aaron's Ghost Rider pissed me off because he took a big, steaming dump all over Dan Ketch in it.

Matt Fraction's Thor and Hawkeye have soured me on any and all things Fraction for pretty much forever.

Still looking forward to Iron Fist and Doop, though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"