Official Iron Man thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yahman said:
the Rann Thanagar was by the worst link to the Crisis.

Personally, I thought it was the best. Then again, I'm not a huge DC fan, not that I don't like DC, and I couldn't really follow/understand most of the IC stuff or really any DC around that time and shortly before it because of the immense continuity the DC universe had. DC books weren't easy to jump into. Even Rann/Thanagar was a little bit hard to follow at first but I grew to like it...mostly because I love sci-fi.

I wonder if anyone could answer this question for me, but why doesn't Stark build his armor out of pure adamantium. It would save him a crap load of money in repairs.

^^^ Sweetness, I love Zirchers art on this book. It just seems right for IM. :up:

BTW, 8 was a total kickass issue!! I loved the way Jessica Drew made Tony and Wolverine do what she wanted them too. :D This series is really picking up.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Haha, the only thing I can think of when I see that cover is, "Man, Tony's so gonna get his ass kicked."

That was also my first thought :lol:

- Whirly

Recently read number 8, and now I feel bad for not reading it before. Kickass stuff.

I'm very interested to see how this Extremis power-up affects him. I mean, this is a MASSIVE power boost Tony just recently had--to be able to control ANY computer system in the world? In todays technological society, Tony would practically be a god among men! :eek:

Yeah, issue #8 was indeed worth reading. This arc is really starting to give a whole new meaning in Stark's life, and I'm liking the Extremis effect.

My review.

This issue was a great read. I am really enjoying the Knaufs’ storyline. I liked how all Kellard could see was a shadowy armored figure and then the next thing we know the cockpit has been sheared off. That scene was execellent.

I also enjoyed the scene with Tony standing surrounded by his arsenal of Iron Man armors telling Fury that the world is not longer black and white. That everything has changed. Indeed it has. Especially for Tony Stark. He has really undergone quite a transformation recently. And it is for the better. Stark had been interesting before, it's to nice it being revisited.

The scene at The Raft was a nice touch. Watching Tony just snap on Graviton and then grabbing Captain America by the throat and lifting him off the ground. Tony really has developed some anger issues since being exposed to the Extremis Virus. I especially like after Iron Man sets Captain America down. It is so awkward and you can tell that Tony doesn’t feel like he fits in and is disappointed with himself.

The scene between Tony and Wolverine added to the issue, this really accentuates the new Tony since he has been exposed to the Extremis Virus. He is supremely confident in his abilities and will throw down with anybody at the drop of a dime. And Tony’s handling of Jessica afterwards was perfect. It shows that even though he lost his temper, that Tony still thinks several steps ahead of the rest of the Avengers. And his little shot at Jessica at the ends shows the sarcastic side of Tony.

The ending was great as well. We finally confirm what we have suspected all along. That Iron Man (or someone in his armor) has been committing these executions. I can’t wait for the next issue. And that is a sign of a good comic book. I’m interested to see where the Knaufs are going with this storyline. Is Tony really the killer? Is he simply starting to crack under all the stress of being so superior to everyone else? Of putting to much burden on responsibility on himself to do too much? As advanced as he is, Tony is still just a man. At some point, his mind may let loose.

I love how the Knaufs are writing Tony Stark. I’m glad that Tony is being written a little closer to the Ultimate version of Tony Stark. The regular version of Tony isn’t as much of a jerk or a scumbag, but I like his new found edge. I like that he sees the world for the much more complex creature than we mere common people do. I like that the Extremis Virus has given him a God complex. That he has more ego, confidence, arrogance, sarcasm and a nasty temper. It also makes his weaknesses more glaring. That as advanced as he is he still is not a god. He is still a man. This is the most interesting Tony Stark in forever. I'd hope that they keep his character like this for quite some time.

9/10

yahman said:
Revitilisation for other non-mutant charcters is seriously needed. Villains such as the Werecking Crew, the Absorbing man, Nefaria, Ultron and Gravtiton could all do with a 'face-lifts'.

So, so true!!!:up:

yahman said:
Work on inhumans would also be cool. I think charcaters such as Karnack, Gorgon, Medussa and Crystal, have the potential to be very interesting. It will be exciting to see what Gaima will do with the Eternals, and i think Namor has the potential to become Marvels answer to Black Adam.

Yahs old pal... I'm not sure about old Spock ears being up to that.

- Whirly

#8 featured the best use of Iron Spidey's arms to date.

Since the Knaufs came onboard,this book has had a real cinematic/international type of feel to it.

Loved it.

can anyone explain to those of us who haven't read the issue, what happened?

- Spidey's arms?
- Tony and Logan?
- Tony and Jessica?

all those things got mentioned, but not elaborated :)

i'm Spider-Man said:
can anyone explain to those of us who haven't read the issue, what happened?

- Spidey's arms?
- Tony and Logan?
- Tony and Jessica?

all those things got mentioned, but not elaborated :)

The Avengers take on Graviton.Cap gets slammed hard into the ground getting crushed.Spidey jumps in but quickly gets slammed into the ground with Graviton's crushing force.The tech arms digging into the ground are all that keeps Spidey from crushing Cap beneath him.He also breaks a few ribs while being crushed.

Tony and Logan get into a little squabble but Jessica uses her phermones to relax both of them.

Batman said:
Yeah, issue #8 was indeed worth reading. This arc is really starting to give a whole new meaning in Stark's life, and I'm liking the Extremis effect.

My review.

This issue was a great read. I am really enjoying the Knaufs’ storyline. I liked how all Kellard could see was a shadowy armored figure and then the next thing we know the cockpit has been sheared off. That scene was execellent.

I also enjoyed the scene with Tony standing surrounded by his arsenal of Iron Man armors telling Fury that the world is not longer black and white. That everything has changed. Indeed it has. Especially for Tony Stark. He has really undergone quite a transformation recently. And it is for the better. Stark had been interesting before, it's to nice it being revisited.

The scene at The Raft was a nice touch. Watching Tony just snap on Graviton and then grabbing Captain America by the throat and lifting him off the ground. Tony really has developed some anger issues since being exposed to the Extremis Virus. I especially like after Iron Man sets Captain America down. It is so awkward and you can tell that Tony doesn’t feel like he fits in and is disappointed with himself.

The scene between Tony and Wolverine added to the issue, this really accentuates the new Tony since he has been exposed to the Extremis Virus. He is supremely confident in his abilities and will throw down with anybody at the drop of a dime. And Tony’s handling of Jessica afterwards was perfect. It shows that even though he lost his temper, that Tony still thinks several steps ahead of the rest of the Avengers. And his little shot at Jessica at the ends shows the sarcastic side of Tony.

The ending was great as well. We finally confirm what we have suspected all along. That Iron Man (or someone in his armor) has been committing these executions. I can’t wait for the next issue. And that is a sign of a good comic book. I’m interested to see where the Knaufs are going with this storyline. Is Tony really the killer? Is he simply starting to crack under all the stress of being so superior to everyone else? Of putting to much burden on responsibility on himself to do too much? As advanced as he is, Tony is still just a man. At some point, his mind may let loose.

I love how the Knaufs are writing Tony Stark. I’m glad that Tony is being written a little closer to the Ultimate version of Tony Stark. The regular version of Tony isn’t as much of a jerk or a scumbag, but I like his new found edge. I like that he sees the world for the much more complex creature than we mere common people do. I like that the Extremis Virus has given him a God complex. That he has more ego, confidence, arrogance, sarcasm and a nasty temper. It also makes his weaknesses more glaring. That as advanced as he is he still is not a god. He is still a man. This is the most interesting Tony Stark in forever. I'd hope that they keep his character like this for quite some time.

9/10

Dayum, great review Bats.

If Anyone Read 9, Can We Have A Review?

I'm looking forward to Captain America pounding the crap out of him. :)

#9 pretty much proved that Tony is indeed going around killing those people as a result of the Extremis.Good dialogue with an awesome shot of Sentry ready to take Tony down.

Read # 9, pretty good read.

Marvel's continuity is just SO SO SO confusing at times, but I'm too used to it now.

But besides that I enjoyed this issue. I don't think it's the Extremis that's TOTALLY doing it, but someone is using the Extremis against Tony to make him do what he is doing. What I want to see is who the hooded man is doing all the button pushing. I hope it's not that Asian guy because that'd just be a little too obvious. But it's Marvel...obvious is the way to go.

Ironman is nothing but a wanna be Dr Doom(only dumber)who's gonna get his ass beat by the Sentry and then by The Hulk when he gets back.

Yuh huh

ANyway, I gotta figure that that Nick Fury in IM is a LMD. My question of course is, why the hell, do they bother when everybody involved knows that Nick Fury is on the run? Stark knows. And they know that Stark knows, so why the hell is he bothering to talk to a robot?

i also think that they're gonna try and say it's that asian doctor that helped him build the original suit and escape is the one behind this. Either that or a realitive or something.

Slim31 said:
Ironman is nothing but a wanna be Dr Doom(only dumber)who's gonna get his ass beat by the Sentry and then by The Hulk when he gets back.

Riiiiiiiiiight..........

Anyways,this arc is kicking ass.Zircher's art grew on me,his art would look so much better with a different colorist.

The art in this issue was much better than the last. I'm liking Zircher's view of the armor, even though Granov had one of the best. And the art for the battle scene was fantastic. The Knaufs are really delivering a great Iron Man arc, and I'm impressed with the way they've handled Tony's personality since being hit with the Extremis. They've given him more deph in my opinion, and I'm curious as to how this mystery hitman is controlling the armor and Stark himself.

Slim31 said:

What a strange post.:down

- Whirly

Iron Man # 123 was the first comic I ever bought...haven't missed an issue since .I love what they are doing in this book it keeps getting better and better.Can't wait for the big civil war beat down

Doctor doom wanna be? who is this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back