Official Iron Man thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, he's a good writer. Casanova is one of my all time favorite comic series, but seriously, his IM is just ridiculously decompressed. He makes Bendis look like Stan Lee over here.

For me , the main criticisim is the perceived lack of action and the extended story arc's that make up his run so far.

I think Fraction has done great things with the characters and his cast. It's just I'm also in the boat the some of the stories drag. My main problem with the book, and the reason I don't follow it anymore, though is not the writing which I think is fine aside from the small nitpick. It's the art, I can't stand Larroca's art. The hype photorealism like that kills me. Seeing Jamie McKelvie in the back up hurts. Why isn't he doing the rest of the book?!

I'm actually stunned at the anti-Fraction groundswell on these pages. Personally, I think he's an exceptional writer and his entire Invincible Iron Man run has been the best the character has EVER been and I've been reading for decades.

Yeah well his Punisher War Journal run was dreadful and his Thor run has been pretty poor so far too. This fear itself event looks fairly underwhelming...

Oh yeah, he's a good writer. Casanova is one of my all time favorite comic series, but seriously, his IM is just ridiculously decompressed. He makes Bendis look like Stan Lee over here.
He's one god-awful issue away from making me drop Thor.

Me. :dry:

Well on the upside you'll have the various other Thor mini's and one-shots, plus Gillen's Journey into Mystery to tie you over

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Gillen on Journey into Mystery. Doug Braithwaite handling the art certainly doesn't hurt, either. :up:

He's one god-awful issue away from making me drop Thor.

Me. :dry:

That's not...

I don't...

Somebody tell me its going to be okay.
bush-shock-1.jpgp

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaand I'm done with this book as of issue 500. Thor might be next. What happened to you, Fraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"