Official JLA discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightwing 52

Things change
Reaction score
I noticed the other one apparently disappeared. Talk about #4 here, for those who've read it already.

That's weird. I can't find the damn thing either. :huh:

Last I read, it was quite off-topic, before vanishing...It's GAH's fault. :up:

Anyways, hopefully this one can do better. How many of you like the possibility of Geo-Force being the 11th member?

Batman said:

Anyways, hopefully this one can do better. How many of you like the possibility of Geo-Force being the 11th member?
Bats is right, I was looking at the thread, before loggin' in to reply to it. Then it went "poof!" Hope you're proud GoldenAgeHero. :o But that's done with. And I'm totally up for the prince in the JL!

Haha. They may erase it from the board, but that topic will forever live in our memories!

We went from JLA to "everybody is a bunch ****s" pretty quick. Our behavior was quite unaccebtable, but quite hilarious. We'll have to do it again sometime.

On topic: I am probably the only person excited to see Vixen on the JLA.

Ok,anyways.

I've had my complaints about the pacing and storytelling in this initial arc.

But overall,I have to give it to Meltzer for creating an original and fresh JLA formation story.No invading aliens or anything of that nature.

#4 really kicked things into high gear,so I hope #5,which ships pretty quickly,pulls all the stops.

I'm also quite happy with the line-up,I'd rather have Ollie there,but Red Arrow is just as good.

Batman said:

I've never heard of him.

Vixen totally has me excited. I'm always looking for new excuses to bone up on DC characters that I wasn't really into before.

Innuendos for the win!

Looking forward to Geo-Force, too. Mostly 'cause he has a cool power. And, uh, his name is a little like mine.

Honestly, I think I'm probably the only one here who has absolutely, 100% no problem at all with the line-up.

Its clear who is the baby of the new team..
poor Arsenal.. stuck on a team with 2 people he looks at as family..
something tells me there are going to be alot of drama there :p

R.I.P. old thread, so many memories.:csad:

well...i guess it had to happen at some point...i just wish it didnt happen to my thread, but oh well.

i hate the idea of geo force on the team, and in fact that supports people's claim that this team is really just filled with lame-o's.

Mee said:
R.I.P. old thread, so many memories.:csad:

Wish a mod would have let us know. Not because he/she is required to, but so I don't feel like a nutcase and go searching for a million pages to find it. :(

Look on the bright side, everytime we start a new thread, new posters could get into it. :o

The Batman said:
well...i guess it had to happen at some point...i just wish it didnt happen to my thread, but oh well.

i hate the idea of geo force on the team, and in fact that supports people's claim that this team is really just filled with lame-o's.

I don't really care for Geo Force being on the JLA, but use the word hate? Call the JLA lame-os?

Hell no, sounds like something a lame-o would say.

Is it an unorthodox team? Heck yeah, but so far Meltzer has been doing a fine job on selling this line-up. Every character has potential.

And this wasn't your thread. It's the peoples thread. You may have started it, but someone else would have if you didn't.

Freedom to the forum!

COMICBOY said:
Look on the bright side, everytime we start a new thread, new posters could get into it. :o

Yeah, but by the time we get back from work or being out or doing something for two or three hours, it's already 5 or 6 pages into it, so we leave again.

I think JLA is one of those books where the buildup is slow but the payoff has your penis pumping. Either way, I like the book, the team, and the writing, I can do without Benes.

You gotta love Darthphere for throwing a phrase like "penis pumping" into a JLA thread. :up: I personally have no problem with the lineup. Everybody knows it will change as need arise anyway. I wonder if there will be a 'core' lineup that will never change, and if this is it, isn't 11 a few too many?

I've always been more of a "read the whole arc at a time" when it came to JLA. But then again, thats because that's how I got them into my possession. Never single issues at a time.

Fledermaus said:
You gotta love Darthphere for throwing a phrase like "penis pumping" into a JLA thread. :up: I personally have no problem with the lineup. Everybody knows it will change as need arise anyway. I wonder if there will be a 'core' lineup that will never change, and if this is it, isn't 11 a few too many?

Penis pumping is an art.

Purple Man said:
I don't really care for Geo Force being on the JLA, but use the word hate? Call the JLA lame-os?

Hell no, sounds like something a lame-o would say.

Is it an unorthodox team? Heck yeah, but so far Meltzer has been doing a fine job on selling this line-up. Every character has potential.

And this wasn't your thread. It's the peoples thread. You may have started it, but someone else would have if you didn't.

Freedom to the forum!

Jesus Christ, why are you such an uptight dickwad? Seriously.

It's called an opinion buddy. If people think the new JLA sucks and you dont....thats too bad. Deal with it. I cant blame people for thinking this book is a slow drawn out story, with an underwhelming roster. You wanna keep your head up meltzers ass, do that, but DONT act like people are wrong for disliking it. And before you deny it...you do act like any negative opinion is wrong, posting some righteous post thinking you've owned everyone in the thread when really...no one gives a crap.

And by the way....if one starts a thread...then it is their thread. Like this thread is Batman's thread, the last one was mine. And i dont even know why you had to bring it up, because its not even a territorial thing. But then again, you tend to take everything on this board TOO seriously.

Purple Man said:
On topic: I am probably the only person excited to see Vixen on the JLA.

Nope. My thing is since Meltzer is only doing a year she probably won't be around after he leaves.:csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"