Guardians of the Galaxy The Easter Egg Thread (Guardians Edition)

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Every MS movie has them, those little cameos an Easter Eggs that get you excited. And from what we've learned there are more in GOTG than in any MCU movie before.

For those who've seen the film already, here's the thread to talk about it.

Thanos.

Starlords

Cosmo.

The collector breaking down the infinity gauntlet to the t.

The only ones I seen so far that I remember.

No Howard the Duck?

Howard the Duck was indeed there. In one of the glass cases of The Collector.

Also Cosmo the space dog was there in one of the glass cases too and he was growling at Rocket lol. He eventually go out of the glass though and is roaming free now! Maybe in the sequel he will get a role :oldrazz:

There is a Chitauri in one of the glass boxes of The Collector.

List of Easter eggs I found:

- There is a Chitauri in The Collector's collection
- Cosmo is in the collection. He looks exactly as he does in the comics
- We see a full Celestial at one point
- We see the origin of the Infinity gems and we see some brief visuals of their later appearances as the Aether and the Tesseract, none of the current forms of the others though.
- Nathan Fillion is the giant brute that gets his nostrils violated by Groot in prison
- There is a Kree ambassador that briefly appears that is played by Tomas Arana
- Christopher Fairbank, the kooky scientist from The Fifth Element who rebuilds Leeloo's body has a featured role in the film.
- Ronan's minions are not Kree but actually Sakaarans. Their ships are called Necrocrafts.
- Peter Serafinowicz, longtime character actor from Shaun of the Dead, Look Around You, Spaced, voice of Darth Maul in Star Wars, plays Garthan Saal, previously Nova Omega in the comics.

I remember seeing one of the Dark Elves in a case too. It was difficult to look at every case because there were so many during that scene.

I remember seeing one of the Dark Elves in a case too. It was difficult to look at every case because there were so many during that scene.

I thought I was the only one that noticed that too.

I definitely have to keep my eyes peeled during that scene

I definitely have to keep my eyes peeled during that scene
It was hard to take everything in because I was so excited to be watching the movie. I can't wait until Friday so I can see it again.

Yeah I think I'm gonna see it Thursday and then Friday again with some other people. My first viewing will be just for enjoyment, and on my second I can be on the lookout. lol

Yeah I think I'm gonna see it Thursday and then Friday again with some other people. My first viewing will be just for enjoyment, and on my second I can be on the lookout. lol

Lol that's how you have to do it with this movie. Especially when they're with The Collector or when they're in Knowhere.

Saw a leak of the after credits ...

Howard the Duck has a speaking role. He berates the Collector.

Of course of all the things to leak :/

Saw a leak of the after credits ...

Howard the Duck has a speaking role. He berates the Collector.

Of course of all the things to leak :/
That's...it? Disappointed, if true.

EDIT: Just saw it. Oh well.

Last edited:
The one at the very end of the credits is usually just for fun. Or that one is the mid credits one and the end credits is something more special.

It's varied.

Avengers - mid-credits scene was Thanos. End credits scene was the comedic shawarma gag.

Iron Man 3 - no mid credits scene. End credits scene was just a jokey thing with Banner and Tony.

Thor 2 - mid-credits scene was the Collector. End credits scene had Thor returning to Earth to be with Jane and also the Jotunheim beast running around London and chasing pigeons

Captain America 2 - mid-credits scene was Hydra, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch. End credits scene was Bucky/Winter Soldier going to the Smithsonian. Nothing comedic.

It's varied.

Avengers - mid-credits scene was Thanos. End credits scene was the comedic shawarma gag.

Iron Man 3 - no mid credits scene. End credits scene was just a jokey thing with Banner and Tony.

Thor 2 - mid-credits scene was the Collector. End credits scene had Thor returning to Earth to be with Jane and also the Jotunheim beast running around London and chasing pigeons

Captain America 2 - mid-credits scene was Hydra, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch. End credits scene was Bucky/Winter Soldier going to the Smithsonian. Nothing comedic.

Yep so has it been confirmed if GOTG has a mid and end credits. Or just the comedic one like IM3.

Broseph44, it has mid-credits and end credits one.

Mid-credits one was at my screening. James Gunn announced that end credits scene comes out with the actual movie.

Yep so has it been confirmed if GOTG has a mid and end credits. Or just the comedic one like IM3.
Going back further:

Iron Man - post-credits scene only with Nick Fury

Incredible Hulk - mid-credits scene only with Tony Stark, no post-credits scene

Iron Man 2 - post-credits scene with Coulson and Thor's hammer

Thor - end credits scene with Loki, Cube, Selvig, and Fury

Captain America - post-credits teaser trailer for The Avengers

Broseph44, it has mid-credits and end credits one.

Mid-credits one was at my screening. James Gunn announced that end credits scene comes out with the actual movie.

Alright cool so we know we are still getting something else besides
howard the duck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"