Official MAN OF STEEL trailer discussion thread

Now that it is has been pushed to June 2013 I kinda doubt we will get one this December, I don't really remember many films that had a teaser 18 months before its release. A year? Yes. However, 18 months seems unlikely. So it is very likely the first teaser will be with TDKR, then something in December and Iron Man 3 in May as some one above said. But I think we will get shots of the suit very soon, since filming starts in August if I'm not mistaken?

Last edited:
According to cavill, it has already started.

Now that it is has been pushed to June 2013 I kinda doubt we will get one this December, I don't really remember many films that had a teaser 18 months before its release. A year? Yes. However, 18 months seems unlikely. So it is very likely the first teaser will be with TDKR, then something in December and Iron Man 3 in May as some one above said. But I think we will get shots of the suit very soon, since filming starts in August if I'm not mistaken?
I think that the first teaser trailer will be shown at ComiCon next year, and then will be shown in front of TDKR. Kind of like what they did with The Amazing Spider-Man this year.

yeah filming has already started. They are shutting down a road on Tuesday for filming...

There was a great idea in an old trailer thread, about Clark Kent slowly walking through a burning building towards a foe and his clothes burning off to reveal him in full costume.

I think the broken cityscape would be a great thing. An important part of the teaser will also be showing him in some unexpected beginning. Not in jail, like Batman Begins, obviously, but something like photographing animals in africa, almost getting trampled and then using his strength could be a great intro. Something must be shown early to illustrate that this is not your normal superman.

I think the promos should cover the basics, a locomotive rescue, a flooding river rescue, jumping over a building etc.

most likely, the first teaser will be with TDKR next summer.

the main trailer will probably be with the Hobbit in December.

Just like 99.9% of other posters around here, I want to see a city/world wide struggle.
In a brief teaser, i'd like to see a huge city (any large city in the world) smoking and in ruins. We see several dozen cars crushed on the streets, some are burning. Large slabs of concret from damaged buildings litter the streets as well. A semi truck is seen sticking out of the 40th floor of a highrise. Sirens are heard everywhere, as are helicopters.

The camera pans up and out, and we see two figures in the air, hovering. It's Zod and Superman. They're having a stand off, and from the looks of both and the city below, they have already had round one. Both are bruised up and breathing hard, and both of their suits are damaged.

The camera moves in. We see them up close as they stare at each other with stern determined looks.
They launch at each other at superspeed and......the camera fades out, \S/ logo, release date.

THIS!

I also want to see some epic flying in this, and I have the utmost faith reason being aswell as doing Watchmen and 300 and those films, he's also done the OWL film, Guardians of Gahoole or something, and the flight sequences in that were awesome so I'm expecting to see some of the best flying scenes around ever on screen, and lastly the classic John Williams music updated slightly but not made gay like Brian singers version and use all the wrong cues at the wrong times!

I really want this to exceed Dark knight, because that was over-rated in my opinion!
Done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"