Official MAN OF STEEL trailer discussion thread

Trailer is friggin' ages away.. they've not even started filming yet :whatever:

They are starting next week, but that's likely second unit/FX shots. From what I've heard, main unit shooting will begin near late August. I think with something like Superman, you at least want a couple good looking FX shots with your teaser. They aren't going to pull the Green Lantern mistake (at least I hope not) and showcase something that looks like crap and completely unfinished. I think in early February they'll have a couple shots they would have worked on specifically for the Super Bowl, then an additional trailer will be with The Dark Knight Rises. Doing a teaser for a movie a year in advance makes sense for movie franchises that are already established. But The Man of Steel has a lot to prove and they are going to play their cards right (again I hope) and prepare a decent teaser with decent FX shots and release it on the biggest stage in the Super Bowl.

sherlock at the earliest, if we get anything there, nothing again till the summer with tdkr

this thread is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo soon

Trailer is friggin' ages away.. they've not even started filming yet :whatever:

True but this will be the thread for when it does get here. And we are notorious for our "Prediction" skills... Predict away sirs! :woot:

There is - IMO - absolutely zero chance they pass on the Super Bowl. If I had to guess, I'd say right in the middle of the action, too, not during a quarter change or halftime where people are pleasing the porcelain gods and refreshing their beverages.

I also agree that you have to have some FX awesomeness; say what you want about the movie itself, but G.I. Joe had one of the most bad-*** teaser trailers I've ever seen, Super Bowl or otherwise.

Last edited:
I will be giddy as a school girl if it's with Sherlock Holmes.

Fo' Shizzle.

There won't be anything until next year some time.
Can't believe we've got a whole 2 years until the film comes out.
I can't see that they'd release a pic of Cavill in the suit any time soon, it wouldn't make sense seeing as there is a such a long wait for the film to come along.

Id be very surprised if we see a trailer this year. with all the special effects unless they are using wires (please let them use wire shots for flight) i wouldn't expect anything until the Dark knight Rises next year.

i also think we will see a pic of cavill in full costume in september.

I think trailer will debut next year, teaser after Christmas and then a full trailer with TDKR

So with filming about to start in a week or so and with The Dark Night Rises, The Avengers, and Spider-man putting out Teasers (lengthy ones at that) a whole year early. Is it fair to say that we'll get one for MOS in the next two months. Usually a teaser is like 30 secs long but all of aforementioned have been about a minute and half. And if so what do you guys want to see or not see for that matter. I for one am going to try my absolute best not to spoil anything but it might be to tempting. It's been so long and I'm looking forward to it so strongly that I may not be able to keep away. I like the teasers I've seen so far of the three movie above and how they did not show any action but they showed the suits and the villians. That's what I want for MoS. Thoughts?

Don't expect a teaser until Jan of 2012 or summer of 2012. I've never heard of any studio putting a trailer out a year and a half of the release date. With all the super hero flicks coming out next summer its a good bet the trailer will be with TDKR.

Thats what I'd do if I were working at WB. I'd tease fan boys over the internet with leaked photos and partially leaked scripts, then show a teaser with TDKR. Of course when it comes to Superman WB does things assbackwards, so you never really can tell.

Yep, TDKR just released a teaser and opens july 2012.
So a MOS-teaser probably wont be out until june 2012.

Last edited:
Yep, TDKR just released a teaser and opens july 2012.
So a MOS-teaser probably wont be out until june 2012.

I cn wait think we;ll get plenty of pics etc between now and then

Hopefully, though we havent gotten many pics from TDKR yet.

Hopefully, though we havent gotten many pics from TDKR yet.

But its not been filming that long and Man of Steel starts next week. I think we'll get a teaser in Jan or maybe at Christmas and a full trailer when TDKR is out myself. But I'm an optimist lol

But its not been filming that long and Man of Steel starts next week. I think we'll get a teaser in Jan or maybe at Christmas and a full trailer when TDKR is out myself. But I'm an optimist lol

A full trailer an entire year before release? Surely not.

A full trailer an entire year before release? Surely not.

You never know and we might get a teaser like we got with Batman Begins where it didnt have any footage from the film in it but it showed u what the film was about etc

You never know and we might get a teaser like we got with Batman Begins where it didnt have any footage from the film in it but it showed u what the film was about etc

A production diary or a featurette would be great.

A production diary or a featurette would be great.

Yeah one of the things I loved about the build up to Superman Returns was Bryan's video journals

Snyder did it with Watchmen as well, so maybe we'll get lucky.

People keep saying December or Superbowl... has any film ever had a teaser 18 months out?

Teaser TDKR
Minute Spot Superbowl 2013
Full Trailer with Oz: The Great and Powerful MAYBE as late as Iron Man 3

We'll see it with Happy Feet 2/Sherlock Holmes

I think will get a BS teaser trailer with little to nothing in it with these two.

TDKR is where we'll get a real trailer me thinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"