Comics Official (adjectiveless) X-MEN Discussion Thread

XMEN2013020-DC11-LR-a0e88.jpg

XMEN2013020-int-LR2-1-ebdef.jpg

XMEN2013020-int-LR2-2-3b9b6.jpg

XMEN2013020-int-LR2-3-24492.jpg

XMEN2013020-int-LR2-4-c5996.jpg

XMEN2013020-int-LR2-5-69dc5.jpg

Also announced during the panel, writer G. Willow Wilson will take over as writer of X-Men beginning with January's X-Men #23. Her first four-issue arc is calling "The Burning World" and each issue is told from the viewpoint of a different character. The arc begins with Gambit discovering a mysterious sinkhole outside a Burning Man-like festival, and he calls in the rest of the team to investigate. They ultimately find out the hole has ties to some very familiar suspects from the X-Men’s past.
An artist was not named.

http://www.newsarama.com/22401-nycc...by-guardians-screenwriter-nicole-perlman.html

Phew, at least someone is taking over. I wasn't able to find any proof or solicits that showed it was continuing. Guggenheim's arc was alright, but I didn't love it. I wish the subplot of the kids (Anole, Hellion, Rockslide) that was throughout Wood's run and ended with Psylocke claiming them full fledged X-Men would continue.

I feel quite sorry that this book is being kicked around from writer to writer; though imo, all writers tied to the book so far are pretty excellent. I was pleasantly surprised with the Brian Wood issues since I hunted them down in TPB form, and they were my first X-Men books I've read since... 2008. There must be pretty hot stuff out there if this is one of the weaker titles. Sure, I see some pacing issues here and there, some questionable choices in villain's motivations (especially in Wood's second arc of the book), but overall... I was enjoying the heck out of it. Kinda disappointed to read Wilson will only be on for four issues. And I'm guessing that her last issue will signal the cancellation of the book. Shame, shame, shame. I need me my fix of Ray and Monet. And I don't wanna forget Jubes and Shogo. Buh!

Marvel is still doing that? These day when a writer leaves, they just cancel the book and relaunch it with a new one

I just got caught up with the All New X-Men and it is fantastic! First time I've been this excited in a title in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"