Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
English Voice trailer they moved fast with this one.

3DS
Lord of Magna trailer introduces characters
Published 6 hours ago. 5 comments.

3DS strategy RPG out early June in the west.

LoM-Trailer_05-18-15.jpg

XSEED Games and Marvelous Europe have released a new trailer for Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven introducing the strategy RPG’s protagonist and fairy maidens.
The 3DS game is due out via retail and digital in North America on June 2, and via the 3DS eShop in Europe and Australia on June 4. Get more details here.
Get the new trailer and outlines for each character below.

[YT]8OXu439sxyc[/YT]
Character Outlines

• Luchs Eduard – The owner of Famille Inn on the outskirts of Luneville. Recent events have made his normally pleasant and quiet life anything but, yet he can’t help but wear a smile through it all. Immeasurably kind, he takes pride in looking after his own, and places the concept of “Family” above everything else.
  • Charlotte – Nickname: Lottie. A bubbly faerie who was found encased in a massive crystal. Easy-going and sporting an infectious smile, she makes herself right at home at Famille Inn as a live-in maid. Unfortunately, while she’s a first-rate fighter, her domestic skills could use some more fine-tuning — something that’s particularly apparent whenever it’s her turn to cook dinner.
  • Beatrix – Nickname: Trixie. A self-proclaimed perfectionist who handles all daily chores at the inn with aplomb, especially cooking. She has a kind heart and is willing to jump through hoops to ensure that those around her are taken care of, even if playing the big sister can be a trying task. Her personal motto is: ”Efficiency is a fine companion to visual presentation.”
  • Elfriede – Nickname: Frieda. Was geht? An eccentric faerie who peppers her speech with foreign words from the east -though that’s the easiest thing to understand about her. A brilliant mind who’s far from shy, she divides her time between saying things that are a little less than appropriate and building new inventions, all for the sake of making those around her happy.
  • Gabriele – Nickname: Gabbie. The youngest of the seven sisters. She is one of the most social members of the family, having recently made some loyal subjects-er… FRIENDS- in town. Her bossy attitude comes solely from a desire to present herself as an independent adult, and the fact that she has a long way to go before she gets there is the root of much insecurity for her.
  • Diana – Nickname: Di. A born warrior and a brilliant strategist. Spending much of her life honing her spear-fighting skills has resulted in her missing out on some basic social etiquette – making her prone to some rather strange behaviour from time to time. Still, at her core, she’s a sweet girl with an honest heart.
  • Francesca – Nickname: Fran. A warrior who fights first and asks questions later. Her dedication to exercise is second to none, and she’ll often work out from sunup till sundown. Part of her does it out of true passion, but part of her also does it to avoid interaction with others – not because she doesn’t want to, but because she finds herselves behaving too awkwardly to hold a real conversation.
  • Adelheid – Nickname: Addie. The eldest of her sisters. Beautiful, strong, elegant and intelligent, she handles her position as the oldest with ease and has no shortage of admirers. However, most can sense that even with her perfect smile and perfect demeanour, she has her limits… and it’s best not to test them.
Read More

3DS, Clips, Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven, Marvelous, RPG, Trailers, XSEED Games

Also with

This Is What Lord of Magna’s Characters Sound Like In English. May 18, 2015 . 11:03am

Check out the game’s main characters, along with their English voices.

[YT]8OXu439sxyc[/YT]
A new trailer for Lord of Magna shows off the game’s main characters, along with their English voices. Additionally, character profiles are available here.

Lord of Magna puts you in the shows of Luchs, the owner of an inn on the outskirts of town. The rest of the characters consist of a party of young women that will accompany Luchs on his adventure. Xseed detailed some of them them in a blog post, which you can read here.

Lord of Magna will be released this June for the Nintendo 3DS in North America and Europe.

Read more stories about Lord of Magna & Nintendo 3DS & Videos on Siliconera.

source: Gematsu& Siliconera

Last edited:

3DS
Lord of Magna battle system details, tutorial
Published 17 mins ago. 1 comment.

Battle tips and tricks from Luchs and Charlotte.

LoM_05-20-15.jpg

XSEED Games has launched the official website for Lord of Manga: Maiden Heaven, as well as revealed new details on the game’s battle system.
Get the information below, via XSEED.
Element Affinities, Weapons, and Attack Range
Featuring aspects of tactical role-playing games, Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven boasts a unique strategic battle system that encourages players to take careful aim with their attacks in order to “bowl” over as many enemies as possible with a single strike. Four main elements dominate this battle system, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. These are Flame, Frost, Heaven, and Earth. Alongside them stands a neutral non-element, Void, which has no strengths or weaknesses at all.
Players will form their battle party from up to four of the game’s eight characters, with each character possessing a particular elemental affinity as well as a character-specific weapon with its own unique attack range. Players must decide for themselves whom to include in their party for the ultimate combination of balance and power!
Here are a few brief details regarding each character’s elemental affinity, weapon, and attack range:

• Luchs [Void affinity] – The game’s main protagonist and the only character with a default Void affinity, Luchs’ attack has an extremely small range, targeting only enemies directly in front of him. Luchs has very limited attack power, and is thus best suited to support skills.
  • Charlotte [Flame affinity] – High in physical attack power, Charlotte uses a close-range sword called “Flawless,” striking all enemies within a fan-shaped area directly in front of her.
  • Beatrix [Frost affinity] – Beatrix attacks from a distance with her bow gun, “Selbstgemachte Armbrust,” striking all enemies within a small circular area.
  • Elfriede [Earth affinity] – Elfriede attacks three times in succession with her machine gun, “OP4 Vulcan,” striking all enemies in a thin, U-shaped area.
  • Gabriele [Heaven affinity] – The only character with a default Heaven affinity, Gabriele’s attacks strike all enemies in a small, circular area directly in front of her. Her weapon is a chest called “Pandora’s Box,” and its contents can be seen by using her various skills.
  • Diana [Earth affinity] – Diana has good physical attack power, wielding a mid-range spear called “Kirin” to strike enemies directly in front of her.
  • Francesca [Flame affinity] – Francesca uses a pair of claws called the “Scar of God,” striking multiple times in a single turn. Like Charlotte, Francesca has high physical attack power.
  • Adelheid [Frost affinity] – Adelheid has high physical defense, and uses a shield called “Scutum Absolutae” to blow back enemies in close range.
Players can prepare their favorite party members for any battle situation by equipping them with special items called “Skill Chips” to change their default elemental affinities. As enemies also possess these specific elemental affinities, Skill Chips can be particularly useful for knocking down powerful foes!
Romance, HEART Events, and Special Skills
Each of the seven heroines have four unlockable special skills consisting of physical attacks, healing skills, and support skills which can be obtained by having Luchs spend time with them during downtime from battle. These “HEART Events,” part of Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven’s relationship-building system, are all about getting to know the heroines personally. The more time that Luchs spends with a heroine, the greater the number of special skills that will be unlocked for both characters.
In order to use special skills, the player must build “Tension” during battle, which can be earned by defeating enemies. Using these special skills can also build Tension when enemies are defeated with them, and if a character can defeat 10 or more enemies in one turn, that character will earn a second turn with the option to use an additional special skill if enough Tension has been accrued.
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven due out for 3DS via retail and digital in North America on June 2, and via the Nintendo eShop in Europe and Australia on June 4.
Watch a battle tutorial video below.

[YT]iAYMeklyhCY[/YT]

View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, Clips, Gameplay, Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven, Marvelous, RPG, Trailers, XSEED Games

Also with

See Lord of Magna’s Battle System In Action. May 20, 2015 . 2:34pm

In Lord of Magna, the goal is to “bowl” over as many enemies as possible with a single strike.

[YT]uD5rNf4wHUo[/YT]
Xseed have shared a battle tutorial for Lord of Magna, Marvelous’ upcoming Nintendo 3DS strategy RPG. The tutorial shows off movement, engaging enemies, the various commands available to one in battle, and more.

In Lord of Magna, the goal is to “bowl” over as many enemies as possible with a single strike. Four main elements come into play during battles, each with their own strengths and weaknesses—Flame, Frost, Heaven, and Earth. There’s also a neutral non-element, Void, which has no strengths or weaknesses.

Additionally, Luchs, the game’s protagonist, can spend time with Lord of Magna’s female characters as part of a feature called “Heart Events,” and the more time you spend with a heroine, the greater number of special skills that will be unlocked for both characters.

Lord of Magna will be released this June for the Nintendo 3DS. The game’s first-print run in North America will come with an original soundtrack CD, featuring 28 songs from the game.

Read more stories about Lord of Magna & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source: Gematsu & Siliconera

Last edited:
Not a lot of games I'm interested in, but for $10 it seems pretty worth it. I think Stealth, Inc 2 is $15 alone.

Yeah, I already have Steam Worl Dig(I'm playing right now on my 3DS) and Guacamelee(X1). Everything else I don't have, and really want Stealth 2 and Mighty Switch Force.

And I'll actually probably get around to playing Guacamelee, since I prefer the Pro Controller to the X1 for side scrollers.

I wonder if with a game like Olli Olli that gives you both version if you buy off the eshop if you'll receive a similar deal from Humble Bundle

Alright, I just got them, and I have an extra code for Steam World Dig on 3DS. I already have it, and it's a great game. PM me if you want it, and you're not going to buy this package. First to message me gets it.

So, I thought this tidbit of info was really interesting. In the Japanese-only Direct today, a new Monster Hunter was announced, Monster Hunter X (the X apparently represents cross, not 10, as a way to distinguish it from the mainline series). It's built on the same engine as the recent MH4, but the gameplay is faster with more quick and flasher impact moves akin to something like DMC as opposed to generally much slower and methodical pace of the main series.

CGU-41jUkAAoc2F.jpg:large

GoldenLividCob.gif

thoraxes1etrlh.gif

Oh, Japan's obsession with X meaning cross...

My problem with Monster Hunter had always been its slooooow pace and battles that took forever. I always preferred Soul Sacrifice.

A new Dr. Mario announced? Hellz yes. I love those games.

Apparently another MH game was announced in that Direct I'm reading:

tOL7lRPl.jpg

Originally launched for PSP in 2010 (sans DX), the From Software-developed Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village DX is coming to 3DS in Japan on September 10 for 3,990 yen. The spin-off sees players direct the series’ felyne cat characters through quests and manage their village. The 3DS version will have various collaborations, such as Mario and Animal Crossing outfits.

The Capcom and From Software collob that many were dreaming of!

Oh, Japan's obsession with X meaning cross...

My problem with Monster Hunter had always been its slooooow pace and battles that took forever. I always preferred Soul Sacrifice.

I always saw it as a 30 minute boss battle. The combat isn't for everyone though.

Monster Hunter X looks interesting. Definitely some interesting new monsters.

The only thing I really know about Monster Hunter is that the boss battles in MGS: Peace Walker are apparently based of Monster Hunter battles. And the boss battles in PW suck a whole lot of ass.

I bought the last MH game.. And I think it's a steaming pile. Nothing.. Absolutely nothing is fun about it for me. In the entire thing feels like one big chore to me.

3DS
Little Battlers eXperience: Baku Boost coming west in August
Published 3 hours ago. 15 comments.

Game drops "W Super Custom" for western release.

LBX-3DS-West-August.jpg

Little Battlers eXperience: Baku Boost, launched for 3DS in Japan in July 2012, is coming to North America on August 21 and Europe in November.
The game lets players build, customize and battle robots using more than 130 models and more than 4,000 in-game parts. Up to six players can connect via local wireless to battle it out.
Watch the announcement trailer below.
[YT]bJWAr-LE-2A[/YT]

View some artwork and the official logo at the gallery.
(Editor’s Note: We’d originally confused this as a localization for Little Battlers eXperience: W Super Custom, a followup to Baku Boost. The post has been updated to reflect the proper localization.)

visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, Clips, LBX: Little Battlers eXperience, Level-5, Localization, Nintendo, Release Dates, RPG, Trailers
Also with

LBX: Little Battlers Experience Coming Westward On Nintendo 3DS. June 1, 2015 . 11:13am

Nintendo announced the game for Western release during a short Nintendo Direct presentation today

[YT]bJWAr-LE-2A[/YT] The Little Battlers Experience is coming to North America and Europe. Nintendo announced the game for Western release during a short Nintendo Direct presentation today.

Like the anime that spun off from it, the Little Battlers Experience game lets you build, customize and battle robots using more than 130 models and more than 4,000 in-game parts. Additionally, up to six players can connect and battle via local wireless.

LBX: Little Battlers Experience will be released in North America on August 21st, and in Europe this November. The version of the game coming Westward is The Little Battlers Experience: Baku Boost.

Read more stories about LBX: Little Battlers eXperience & The Little Battlers: Explosive Boost on Siliconera.

source: Gematsu& Siliconera

Last edited:
The new Chibi-Robo actually looks insanely fun. I'm gonna pre-order that amiibo bundle as soon as it's available.

ok so it seem's I missed this yest day damn had to be packin to replace the water damaged carpet so I'm puthis here cause this series is still gew to most people in the west even though it's ame play style has even shown up in poke mon was in games like persona Q

I'll also put up the mystery dungeon too
if this series game play stye is showing in other series there must be a reason maybe polarity or something else people might want find out why?

3DS
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold ‘Flavio’ trailer

Published 21 hours ago. 7 comments.

Meet Flavio the survivalist.

EO2U_06-03-15.jpg

Atlus has released a new character trailer for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight, introducing the survivalist of the party, Flavio.
Described as a deadly archer, Flavio can inflict a number of status de buffs on labyrinth monsters, as well as deal damage to multiple enemies via his “Flank Shot” ability.
Here’s a bit more about Flavio, via Atlus:
True to his class, Survivalists also have some dodge-tanking skills in the form of “Trick Step” and “Chain Dance.” The former skill lowers an enemy’s hit rate, and the latter raises the Survivalist’s target and evade rate. The hilarious “Scapegoat” skill lowers incoming damage to an ally, but forces them to act as a shield for the whole party.
For strategic Survivalists, Risk Perception skills will help Flavio reveal chests and F.O.E.s, raise the party’s sneak-attack rate, and even lower the encounter rate while in dungeons.
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold is due out for 3DS in North America on August 4 and in Europe on February 12.
Watch the trailer below.

[YT]BqTo-MvjOQA[/YT]

Read More

3DS, Atlus, Clips, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight, RPG, Trailers
source: Gematsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads