Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

3DS, Switch
[FONT=&quot]Nintendo: ‘Many unannounced 3DS titles’ and over 100 Switch titles in development[/FONT]
Published 2 hours ago.138 comments.
Switch won't replace 3DS, Nintendo president says.

Nintendo-3DS-Switch_01-31-17.jpg
Ads by Kiosked

3DS still has a long life ahead of it, as Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima promises to “continue to introduce new titles that players can enjoy” for the system.

“We will continue to introduce new titles that players can enjoy for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems,” Tatsumi saidi during Nintendo’s financial results briefing for the fiscal year ending March 2017.

“We have heard speculation that Nintendo Switch will replace the Nintendo 3DS, as both are game systems that can be played outside the home, but Nintendo 3DS has unique characteristics that differ from those of Nintendo Switch. Furthermore, the price points and play experiences offered by the two systems are different and we do not see them as being in direct competition. We plan to continue both businesses separately and in parallel.”

In addition to major announced games such as Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World, Sayonara! Boxboy, Mario Sports Super Strs, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Pikmin, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Ever Oasis, Nintendo is

“developing many other unannounced titles to continue to enrich the software lineup [of 3DS] going forward.”

There are also “many strong third-party titles,” like Capcom’s Monster Hunter XX and Square Enix’s Dragon Quest XI, that are in development for 3DS.

Nintendo also briefly discussed the launch lineup for its upcoming Switch hardware, addressing those who

“have expressed the opinion that the launch lineup is weak.”

Tatsumi said, “Our thinking in arranging the 2017 software lineup is that it is important to continue to provide new titles regularly without long gaps. This encourages consumers to continue actively playing the system, maintains buzz, and spurs continued sales momentum for Nintendo Switch.

“For that reason, we will be releasing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, which is making its debut on the Nintendo Switch during the first half of 2017, and Splatoon 2, which attracted consumers’ attention most during the hands-on events in Japan, in summer 2017. We believe that these titles exemplify the concept of the Nintendo Switch, which is to be able to play anywhere with anyone and at any time, and will expand and invigorate competition between players.”

Tatsumi added that while Nintendo announced during its Switch presentation on January 13 that there were over 80 titles in development from more than 50 software publishers, that number has since grown to

“over 100 titles from more than 70 publishers.”

Read More

3DS, Switch, 3DS, Nintendo, Switch, Tatsumi Kimishima

source: Gematsu

Nintendo President Sees A Need And Market For 3DS, Successor In Consideration . February 2, 2017 . 12:30am

We learned yesterday that Nintendo has no plans to let the 3DS die anytime soon, and Kyoto Shimbun has a quote from president Tatsumi Kimishima considering a successor.

12 comments Read >

galaxy3ds_thumb.jpg

We learned yesterday that Nintendo has no plans to let the 3DS die anytime soon, and Kyoto Shimbun has a quote from president Tatsumi Kimishima considering a successor.

According to the report, Kimishima stated that the 3DS is different from the Switch in terms of shape, size, and pricing, and he feels that they can co-exist together.

“The required need and market is there for it, and we’re considering a successor,” said Kimishima on the subject of a possible successor for the Nintendo 3DS.

While this doesn’t guarantee that we’ll ever see a successor for the 3DS, Nintendo will likely give it some time after seeing how the Switch performs before putting in more serious thought for a 3DS successor.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

There won't be a 3DS successor. They're just saying that in case the Switch flops.

Nintendo President Elaborates On The 3DS Market And Possible Successor . February 3, 2017 . 12:30am

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima recently talked about considerations of a DS successor and he had more to add in a Q&A segment of the Japanese financial results briefing.

5 comments Read >

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima recently talked about considerations of a DS successor and he had more to add in a Q&A segment of the Japanese financial results briefing.

Q: This is about your thoughts on having both the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch co-existing together. When a player first uses the Nintendo Switch and recognizes it as a portable device, is there a point to releasing a next-generation handheld console?

A: I believe that for the time being, the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch can co-exist together. Compared to the Nintendo 3DS, the Nintnedo Switch is different in shape, size, and price, and the variety and quantity of games that are currently playable now are different between the two. With those differences in mind, I believe that a Nintendo 3DS would work well for parents that are looking into getting their children their first games. Therefore, as a portable gaming device, I believe the Nintendo 3DS has a different demand and market than the Nintendo Switch, and as we’ve gone about with portable consoles until now, we will continue considering a successor.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Switch on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

so far alot of Nintendo is saying it

Legend of Zelda Producer Aonuma Says The Switch Won’t Be Taking The Place Of A Dedicated Handheld. February 3, 2017 . 9:30am

In a recent interview, Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma has further confirmed that the Switch’s portability will not be taking the place of a dedicated handheld anytime soon.

18 comments Read >

With the Switch’s release on the horizon, some are wondering if the console’s portability will dash any future possibilities of another handheld from the company. However, in a previous post, we reported that Nintendo’s president Tatsumi Kimishima said that Nintendo is considering a successor for the Nintendo 3DS. Now, Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma has further confirmed that the Switch’s portability will not be taking the place of a dedicated handheld anytime soon. [Thanks, NeoGAF.]

Aonuma recently spoke in an interview with EDGE magazine, during which he was asked if the fact that Nintendo’s console and handheld teams being united for the Switch would lead to quicker releases for titles. He also noted that, though the Switch does feature a portable aspect, this does not mean that Nintendo’s “concept of a dedicated handheld will just disappear.”

Here are Aonuma’s full comments regarding the Switch:

“There’s an element of that, but it doesn’t automatically mean things will happen more quickly or more easily. Plus, Nintendo 3DS still has plenty of titles in development. The concept of the Switch is that you have a home console that you can take with you on the go, and in that respect it is both home console and handheld, but it doesn’t mean for us that the concept of a dedicated handheld will just disappear.”
The Nintendo Switch will release on March 3rd, 2017.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Switch on Siliconera.

Or there may be room for both . they need to show us why it's just as much of a home console then just always overly pushing the on the go part of the switch. That what the point of conflict maybe for alot of people in the west here . . that the switch was never meant to be a replacements portable for the 3Ds . actions are louder then words. the marketing is what making the conflict here where the switch is involved. it's cool feature .

But if it's home console , then freaking show it that way as well.

The King Of Fighters ’94 And Picross 3D Join The eShop. March 16, 2017 . 10:30am

ACA NeoGeo The King of Fighters ’94 has come to the Nintendo Switch in North America. Meanwhile, the North American Nintendo Wii U has received Picross 3D.

5 comments Read >

This week, North American Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo Switch owners in search of blasts from the past can treat themselves to a puzzle game or fighter. Picross 3D has joined the Nintendo Wii U Virtual Console, while The King of Fighters ‘94 is the next ACA NeoGeo classic.

Picross 3D is a three-dimensional nonogram game from HAL Laboratory. It originally appeared on the Nintendo DS in North America in 2010. In it, players use numbers on cubes to help them determine which should be chipped away to reveal a figure hiding within the block. In addition to standard puzzles, there are some that have a time limit, others that are filed if you make a mistake, and a few where multiple puzzles come together to make one figure. It is $9.99 on the eShop.

ACA NeoGeo The King of Fighters ‘94 brings the classic Neo Geo fighting game to the Nintendo Switch. It was the first entry in the series and originally released in 1994. This 3-on-3 fighting game has 25 characters taken from series like Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Ikari Warriors, and Psycho Soldier.It is $7.99 on the eShop.

Read more stories about Nintendo Switch & Picross 3D & The King of Fighters '94 & Wii U Virtual Console on Siliconera.

3DS
[FONT=&quot]Ace Attorney series 15th anniversary live stream set for April 17[/FONT]

Published 1 hour ago. 3 comments.
The Great Ace Attorney 2 details and gameplay to be present.

AA-15th-Ann-Live-Stream-April-17.jpg

Capcom will host a Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series 15th anniversary commemoration live stream on Niconico on April 17 from 21:00 to 23:00 JST, the company announced.

The broadcast will feature Capcom producer Motohide Eshiro and director Takeshi Yamazaki, guests Takayuki Kondo (Phoenix Wright voice actor) and Hiro Shimono (Ryunosuke Naruhodo voice actor), and MC Yui.

They’ll share the latest information on The Great Ace Attorney 2, including the first live gameplay footage, as well as look back on the history of the series, share illustrations and letters from fans, and announce the results of a character popularity contest currently in effect.

The Great Ace Attorney 2 is currently in development for 3DS. If you missed it, read up on all we know about the game here.

Read More

3DS,Capcom,The Great Ace Attorney 2

3DS
[FONT=&quot]Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 announced for 3DS[/FONT]

Published 17 hours ago. 26 comments.
A followup to the Spike Chunsoft collaboration dungeon RPG.
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Etrian-Mystery-Dungeon-2-Ann-3DS.jpg
Etrian-Mystery-Dungeon-2-Ann-3DS.jpg
Atlus and Spike Chunsoft have announced Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 for 3DS. It will launch in Japan on August 31 for 6,480 yen.
First-print copies will include a two-disc “User’s Best Album” containing player favorite songs from across the Etrian Odyssey series. Users can vote for which tracks they want to be included here until April 9. The jacket that houses the CDs is a digipak illustrated by Yuuji Himukai.
An Etrian Odyssey 10th Anniversary Box limited edition will cost 9,800 yen and include a copy of the game, special-make box, and 200-page Character Art Works book featuring character illustrations from across the Etrian Odyssey series’ numbered titles.
Here’s an overview of the story:
At the bottom of the Yggdrasil Tree there is said to be an entrance to the “Land of the Gods”—.
One day, you, an adventurer who visited the lakeside town that looks out on this legendary Yggdrasil Tree, meet a mysterious girl.
“I want to go to the base of the Yggdrasil Tree no matter what it takes.”
Just who is this girl? Why does she want to go to the Yggdrasil Tree? Frequently clear “mystery dungeons” and, together with the girl, head for the distant Yggdrasil Tree!
In addition to the classes from the previous game (Landsknecht, Protector, Runemaster, Medic, Gunner, Wanderer, Ninja, Dancer, Sovereign, and Hexer), the Buccaneer, Alchemist, Kenkaku, Monk, and Farmer classes have also been added.
In related news, Atlus will host an Etrian Odyssey 10th anniversary commemoration broadcast on Niconico on May 20 at 19:30 JST. Details about the broadcast will be announced at a later date.
Watch the announcement trailer and first gameplay below. View the first set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.
Trailer

[YT]T5oy9acYGGo[/YT]
『世界樹と不思議のダンジョン2』 PV01

• 28,458 views18 hours ago
Gameplay

[YT]sErtGA2CBKw[/YT]
First Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 footage

• 1,267 views17 hours ago

(Via Nintendo Everything.)
visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, Atlus, Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2, Game Announce, Gameplay, RPG, Screenshots, Spike Chunsoft

really like that design, I would buy it/upgrade to it if it had 3D function

I just don't get the idea of having a 2D only one?

I actually really love the design and color choice. I doubt I'll buy one, cause I love my New 3DS XL, but it's still very cool.

Based on some specs I saw, it's a hair smaller than the 3DS XL, but considering I already have one of those, as well as the $99 regular 3DS that was released over the holidays, I can't justify buying this. Paying $50 more for no 3D doesn't seem worth it.

But I think it's a great balance for those who have yet to get one.

Makes sense, I guess. Handheld market is stronk af.

But that just makes the Switch a wee less appealing though.

That is a really cool design. Clearly, they are not abandoning the 3DS, though we will see with the Switch's success.

I really hope they don't have a 3DS successor, Nintendo has an opportunity to merge their handheld and home console players and have all their games come out on one platform instead of being spread across two.

how does the 3d work on the 3DS?

when I think of 3D, I think of the images "popping" out of the screen when you wear special glasses.

is that what happens on the 3DS, but without needing glasses?

I'm gonna nab one of these new 2DS XL's if they have a rad deal on Black Friday. I sold my 3DS to pay for the Switch, but there are some new 3DS titles coming out I'd like to play, and I have a huge library of digital games on the 3DS that I'd like to get back. Also, that design is 10/10. So sleek. So cool.

Yeah, it may let me get back into Monster Hunter. That joystick nub would be a god send.

The 2DS XL looks good. I'll probably get one since Pokemon Sun runs poorly on the original 3DS. I'll keep my old one and try to use it for homebrew.

how does the 3d work on the 3DS?

when I think of 3D, I think of the images "popping" out of the screen when you wear special glasses.

is that what happens on the 3DS, but without needing glasses?
There's a slider on the side where you can adjust it's intensity, but basically I think what it does is create two separate images. The New models have a stability option where its supposed to adjust the image on screen to match how far your head is, so that the images blend together in a way that makes it pop.

Think of it like those 3D Optical Illusion images, where if you look at it a certain way, you can see images or words pop out.

I know 3D works differently for people, but when I look at the 3D on the 3DS, I just see depth. Nothing actually pops out at me, it just looks like I could reach my hand in the screen, and grab an object in the background. So the characters in the foreground look the same(they sit on the screen), it's just all the object in the background that have stretched out further into the background, and have been given depth. My friend says it's the opposite for him, where the background images stay the same, and the foreground images pop out at him.

I remember the same thing happened with my sister when we had those old Magic Eye books back in the 90s. All the images she saw popped out at her, whereas the same images went in the background for me. I never actually had any images pop out at me. They went in the opposite direction. I would still see a 3D effect, but the images went in an opposite direction.

There's a slider on the side where you can adjust it's intensity, but basically I think what it does is create two separate images. The New models have a stability option where its supposed to adjust the image on screen to match how far your head is, so that the images blend together in a way that makes it pop.

Think of it like those 3D Optical Illusion images, where if you look at it a certain way, you can see images or words pop out.

I know 3D works differently for people, but when I look at the 3D on the 3DS, I just see depth. Nothing actually pops out at me, it just looks like I could reach my hand in the screen, and grab an object in the background. So the characters in the foreground look the same(they sit on the screen), it's just all the object in the background that have stretched out further into the background, and have been given depth. My friend says it's the opposite for him, where the background images stay the same, and the foreground images pop out at him.

I remember the same thing happened with my sister when we had those old Magic Eye books back in the 90s. All the images she saw popped out at her, whereas the same images went in the background for me. I never actually had any images pop out at me. They went in the opposite direction. I would still see a 3D effect, but the images went in an opposite direction.

thanks guys.

So, it's more of a visual gimmick and doesn't really affect the games or gameplay?

in that case, I think I might just get the cheaper 2DS XL in July, since I don't really care for 3D effects anyways.

Are there games that only work in 3D or on the 3DS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"