Official Street Fighter IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modders were able to get it in the PC version

alphacammywip01.jpg

I can never play as T.Hawk, Zangief or Hakan. I just don't know how to get those full circle movements done.
i havent tested it in the new game, but SF4 has a shortcut for the full circle moves. start with BACK and do a full motion to DOWN, to FORWARD, to FOWARD-UP (like Cammy's frankensteiner). i was doing spinning pile drivers w/ Zangief all day. works for the supers/ ultras too. but again this was in SF4. i know it didnt work in the older games and i dont know if they changed it in Super.

I think its easier to just roll the analog stick in a circle

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/04/ono-proposing-super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-content-as/

Even before the official December release of Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, producer Yoshinori Ono is teasing a console release of all the new content. Of course.

Ono casually mentioned on Twitter yesterday that he was headed to Capcom USA to present "written proposal about DLC for [Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition]'s PSN, XBL." That would mean two new characters, Yun and Yang, could be released for consoles, alongside possible balance alterations. For some reason, we can't imagine Capcom USA declining Ono's proposal for more Street Fighter income, so look forward to some new characters.

this better be DLC bc I will say screw you and move on if they skip that and instead do a retail version only. That was acceptable one time for a re-release. They cant expect people to buy the game a 3rd time

They can, they have, and...they probably will, yeah.

They can, they have, and...they probably will, yeah.
I wont. The next time I will buy "SFIV" is in the form of the Tekken crossover. I'll do DLC but wont get the Arcade edition of the game if its released in stores

so only yun and yang?! I thought they were doing 6 new chars total

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/15/super-street-fighter-iv-3ds-features-the-one-touch-shoryuken/

The 3DS has a touch screen instead of an arcade-spec joystick, which makes it a bit less than optimal for fighting games like Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition. But in bringing the fighter to 3DS, Capcom has done its best to concoct a little touch-screen-ade.

The game's website details the touch screen implementation, which allows players to assign their choice of moves to four sections of the screen. You can set things like Focus Attacks, special moves, Ultra Combos, or combinations of three simultaneous button presses, according to the examples shown.

Capcom has been known to make concessions like this for systems without ideal fighting game controllers. SNK vs. Capcom EO on GameCube allowed players to launch special moves by pressing directions on the right stick, for example, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had optional simplified controls for use with the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/16/capcom-explains-how-new-costumes-will-interact-with-super-street/

Let's face it -- once those new Super Street Fighter IV costumes come out, the game's community will be split into two age-old castes: The haves and the have-nots. How will these two groups be able to play against one another, when one sports fancy duds the likes of which the other has never seen? Capcom recently explained that players without the DLC who play against a character using a new costume will still be able to fight against said player, though it will appear as though they're wearing their default costume.

This switcheroo can be prevented by downloading a free "Catalogue" add-on, which will allow players without the DLC to see the new outfits on other players. The Catalogue will come in two chunks, the first half arriving on Oct. 26 -- the same day as the first batch of costumes -- and the second on Dec. 21. This add-on has only been announced for the 360 so far; we've contacted Capcom to see if PS3 players will have access to it as well.

Thats kind of odd. I wonder why thats a problem now? I dont have any of the alt costumes but i can see them when other use them online. What changed from the previous packs to this one.

Knowing Capcom, they'll charge $50 for Yun and Yang!

been playing with Hakan. He is mad fun...anyone want to play me? Ranked matches gets a little boring

I'm fine with Evil Ryu and (an official) Shin Akuma. But I really want Yang for now.

4gamer.net posted an interview recently where Ono claims Arcade Edition's character balance will be less homogeneous. So long as damage setups for the better characters aren't easy, I'm for it.

I picked up SSFIV off Amazon's lightning deal for 15 bucks last night, so I can finally play online with some of you mugs. :p

Edit: 360 version that is.

dlc will not be free lol

nice deal brainiac!

Figured as much.

[YT]SoDMT-g-hwg[/YT]

Haven't checked the SRK forums yet. But I'll bet money there's already people "dropping Super forever" over it.

I guess now it's just a question of whether that stuff will be DLC for the consoles, or another re-release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"